View Diary: Nukes and Iran: Flashback to 11 Years Ago Has Lessons for Today (17 comments)

•  Click my name, check my diaries (1+ / 0-)
    jmsjoin

particularly the updated "Danse Macabre" one.

Essentially, the first step is to get Congress to realize just how dangerous BushCo is, and the immediate second step is to get 'em to yank the AUMFs.  That would weaken him and his claim on "unitary executive" powers, undermining his perceived authority to literally "go it alone" significantly.

The next step is to get indictments going against him, Cheney, Rice, and a few others -- including obstruction charges and interfering with the duties and oversight of Congress -- against some of the majority leadership in the House and Senate.  Their actions have served to extend the abuse and criminal activity, effectively making them accessories to the crimes.

Impeachment, indictment, conviction.  No simple stop at censure, and no last minute pardons permitted.  Too much blatantly illegal activity that actively undermined the Constitution, the rights and will of the people and the proper functioning of the government in all three branches has occurred.  It cannot be fixed with a slap on the wrist.

And it has to happen before Bush launches his Iran strike.  I don't think we have very long.

Never, never brave me, nor my fury tempt:
      Downy wings, but wroth they beat;
    Tempest even in reason's seat.

by GreyHawk on Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 10:14:28 AM PDT

•  Ha! I see now. Danse Macabre and GreyHawk! (1+ / 0-)
      GreyHawk

I didn't look to see who posted this. Now I understand the quality of thought.
      I agree with you 100% but i don't think it is enough. It is too much to expect Congress to do the people's work
        we know whose work they are interested in and it isn't ours. No, what we are going to have to do if we care and if we really want to see things turn out right for us and the world is to get involved ourselves.
        A radical thought I know. If we want the people's work done we are going to have to do it.
        The last time the people came together was to push out the external problem (the British).
        Today the problem is within. What we have to do is as a Nation, as a whole, realize we must take matters into our own hands, find someone to rally around, and take care of this countries best interest and it isn't war or nuclear war.
        We have become too complacent. We have hoped politicians would take care of things for us but they are interested in their parties and selfish interest. They are not concerned with the America of "we the people"
        Watching the demonstrations by and for the illegals and their supporters should have taught us all a lesson.
         That is what we have to do too get our country back on the right track. Let them know we mean business. I don't know if you read Senator Kennedy's book but he has the right idea.
         Trouble is, it is going to take us to get involved and show our concern , Ire, and dedication to seeing that we get this country back on track.
        Until we do that, until we trully get involved, and hold these wayward politicians accountable, nothing will change.
        We are no longer a government of the people for the people by the people. We are in fact a government of the politicians for the wealthy by the legal system. all perpetuated not by society any longer as ben Franklin believed but by the media.
        we must get back on track. You are right , it is going to be a bumpy ride. Bumpier i'm afraid than even you realize my friend. take care!

James M Joiner www.anaveragepatriot.com or http://anaverageamericanpatriot.blogspot.com

by jmsjoin on Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 12:24:17 PM PDT

•  Haven't read Kennedy's book, but (0+ / 0-)

probably should.  He's the "big guy" from my state.

...if we're in for a bumpier ride than I've foreseen, then the tracks don't necessarily go all the way down to the bottom...they get cut somewhere along the ravine.  That ~is~ a scary thought...

Never, never brave me, nor my fury tempt:
          Downy wings, but wroth they beat;
        Tempest even in reason's seat.

by GreyHawk on Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 01:15:15 PM PDT

•  That's funny! He is the big Guy from my state too (0+ / 0-)

Born and raised in the boston area. Salem more specifically.
           I also worked and managed mant New England area farms before college accounting raising a family anf now writing.
            I don't know if you saw The cycle's of life I wrote 2 years ago and sent to you on the street prophets. Or A Doctrine of Fact/Bush Uncovered that i left on your kos blog but they will blow you away and really alert you as if you werem'tt already.

by jmsjoin on Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 01:26:56 PM PDT

•  I think I have those... (1+ / 0-)
            jmsjoin

...tho right now, I can't remember much of anything before this morning.  Sounds familiar, tho -- will recheck, when I get a chance to reread the other comment.

For a "lazy Sunday", I've sure got a lot going on.

Never, never brave me, nor my fury tempt:
              Downy wings, but wroth they beat;
            Tempest even in reason's seat.

by GreyHawk on Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 01:29:27 PM PDT

•  Some day when you have a spare second (0+ / 0-)

you will have to tell me how you and others get those italicized comments like: Never never brave me, nor my Fury tempt. Or do you just spend a little more time to stick those things in?
                 Anyway, let me know what you think about those two pamphlets. Thomas Paine beat me by 230 years but I am a pamphleteer bent on getting the common man to see reality.
                The truth so they can understand it and not as it is fed them by any party or selfish interest. Yeah, Thank God for sunday.
                 A day of rest to make you feel guilty, hard to do sometimes.

by jmsjoin on Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 02:20:38 PM PDT