View Diary: Sunday Talk - Spring Gala (324 comments)

•  I'd like to do a little undercover work with her! (3+ / 0-)
    Debby, Sam Loomis, gmhowell

Humma humma humma! Is she married? ;-)

It's the "stupid", stupid!

by kitebro on Sun May 07, 2006 at 07:04:54 AM PDT

•  ok, whoa (4+ / 0-)

far be it from me to play the prig, but that comment is just a little over the top.  that is to say, i find it tremendously disrespectful.  ambassador wilson does participate here and will be speaking at yearlykos.  i think it's quite inappropriate to make such a comment about mrs. wilson.

weather forecast

The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise. - Paine

by Cedwyn on Sun May 07, 2006 at 08:35:01 AM PDT

•  huh? (0+ / 0-)

If you call someone a "hottie" it means you'd have sex with them.

So how's that different than making aj oke about undercover work?
        Uptight much?

I belong to the LMTFA wing of the Democratic Party.

by Sam Loomis on Sun May 07, 2006 at 08:51:12 AM PDT

•  no; i'm not uptight much (1+ / 0-)
          StrayCat

but there's still a line...

calling someone a "hottie" does not directly imply sexual lust.  it's just a recognition that the person is attractive.  i've described many women as hotties, but it doesn't mean i want to sleep with them.  i'm not even a lesbian.  and even if it is used with a more sensual connotation than, say, "beautiful," that still doesn't translate straightaway to sex.

that is how it is different from crass "undercover" jokes.

the best i can explain it is that angelina jolie = "hottie," audrey hepburn = "beautiful."  but i think the distinction has much more to do with moxie and how one carries oneself than simple aesthetic appearance.

weather forecast

by Cedwyn on Sun May 07, 2006 at 09:15:39 AM PDT

•  George Clooney seems to be getting (1+ / 0-)
            Sam Loomis

a lot of comments. My comment was tongue in cheek, hence the ";-)". Are you troll rating the Clooney comments? You need to lighten up!

It's the "stupid", stupid!

by kitebro on Sun May 07, 2006 at 09:38:20 AM PDT

•  am i troll-rating anybody? (1+ / 0-)
              StrayCat

clooney is unmarried.  and there is a difference between being uptight and insisting on good manners.

weather forecast

by Cedwyn on Sun May 07, 2006 at 09:53:53 AM PDT

•  I seemed as though someone (1+ / 0-)
                Sam Loomis

had troll rated me. I jumped to conclusions. My bad. But, humor and rudeness apparently go hand in hand. At least if you were to listen to Colbert's critics. He was accused of being rude. I disagree. I also don't feel that I lacked manners in my posting. It's a joke. The fact that I asked if she was married in a thread refering to her husband etc, is an indication that I wasn't serious. That is all I care to say on this subject.

It's the "stupid", stupid!

by kitebro on Sun May 07, 2006 at 10:08:06 AM PDT

•  At least I (0+ / 0-)

thought that I was troll rated. It's hard to tell with this new system. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

It's the "stupid", stupid!

by kitebro on Sun May 07, 2006 at 09:56:22 AM PDT