View Diary: Boy Scouts of America - Trustworthy? NOT. (73 comments)

•  I was one of the rare people (4+ / 0-)

Who got a boy scout medal of heroism..

When I was 11, I had just come back from boy scout camp, and I used my lifesaving techniques to rescue a drowning child and give him cpr/m2m resuscitation.

Dr. Dean...Paging Dr. Dean...he's not on-call you say...then get me DR. MATT!! STAT!!!

by doctormatt06 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 08:57:16 PM PDT

•  did you make Boy's Life? (1+ / 0-)
      TealVeal

that was the part I read first.

The entire House of Representatives is filled with insane jackasses ~ Jon Stewart (-6.88, -6.15)

by guyermo on Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 08:59:19 PM PDT

•  Hmm... (1+ / 0-)
        TealVeal

It wasn't a sexy enough story...so no...now if I was attacked by a bear FIRST, then i'm sure it would've made it...oh well

by doctormatt06 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 09:00:30 PM PDT

•  if you had disabled the bear (3+ / 0-)
          TealVeal, doctormatt06, murrayewv

you'd have made the Colbert Report.

But I'm guessing saving a life was its own reward.

by guyermo on Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 09:02:25 PM PDT

•  hahaha (2+ / 0-)
            murrayewv, guyermo

Well the truth was, the local BSA Chapter sent me and these 5 other guys on this like Heros Cavalcade Tour around the Washington D.C. area, and I was really a shy guy, and everywhere we went we got standing ovations from these crowds of boy scouts, and I really hated the attention, I thought I had done what anyone else woulda done, but even now 12 years after the fact, people still are like wow...you did that??

by doctormatt06 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 09:05:23 PM PDT

•  We all hope to do the right thing.... (1+ / 0-)
              doctormatt06

at the right time and live to tell the tale.  Sorry telling the tale was uncomfortable, but doing the right thing is always to be honored.

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad. Aldous Huxley

by murrayewv on Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 09:53:31 PM PDT