View Diary: Our Founding Moonbat (51 comments)

•  Where do I sign (2+ / 0-)
    Devilstower, celticshel

up for the Sons of Liberty of the 21st Century?
    I'll be an "Events" coordinator.
    Better yet - Honey, get me a beer.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

by OCMIHOP on Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 09:17:51 PM PDT

•  You've come to the right place n/t (3+ / 0-)
      Devilstower, perro amarillo, Simplify

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

by Buckeye Hamburger on Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 09:26:04 PM PDT

•  You'll want to find your local (6+ / 0-)

Drinking Liberally Chapter, plenty of folks who think like our Founding Moonbat are to be found there.

And I am damned if I can figure out why this diary had to be rescued.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time and energy was wasted on the 'rabid lambs' bullshit.

"Such is the irresistible nature of truth that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."

by Nestor Makhnow on Tue Jun 27, 2006 at 09:46:03 PM PDT

•  Rabid lambs (10+ / 0-)

I agree that the TNR/Brooks fiasco was just another passing shitstorm, but the attempt to marginalize bloggers as raving maniacs, unfortunately, is not. It wasn't the first time we've seen this, and it won't be the last.

The answer to that, I think, should be that the core of those emotions is passionate patriotism, which has a long and proud history in the United States. Martin Luther King called it "righteous indignation". There is no shame in the revulsion and rage that we feel when see the core values of our republic being violated.

Some of the central principles laid down by the Founders are currently under assault from the right, including those in power in the White House and Congress. For me personally, it really gets my goat when they start pissing around with the separation of powers. They're tearing these things down, and the result is tyranny, just as the Founders predicted. Sam Adams would be livid, and he'd have more than a few choice words.

We have very few leaders in office who are willing to carry on the spirit of the Samuel Adams, at a time when we despeartely need it. It's up to us.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

by Buckeye Hamburger on Wed Jun 28, 2006 at 02:56:13 AM PDT

•  you are so right (2+ / 0-)
          javelina, Buckeye Hamburger

when you say it's up to us. I believe many of us have been waiting for an honest leader to stand up, rally Americans and put a stop to the bush administration and Republican party's insanity. I keep asking myself what else is it going to take to make people wake up and do something to stop the destruction of our once great nation?

I get very down and discouraged by what I see, and what I do not see happening, and I'm starting to realize that it's really going to have to be us to do it, although I don't clearly know what "it" is yet. I wonder how much of my comfortable life I will have to forfeit to be patriotic and stand up for real freedom and Democracy? I'm not whining, I'm just wondering, how far this mess is going to go, and what sacrifices it will take from people like us at Dkos, to get our government back on track. Believe me I don't like even thinking about having to make huge sacrifies, why me? But why not me, why not you? (it just sucks, and yes this is whining, sorry).

Another thing, as long as I'm on a roll, the right keeps trying to down grade us by calling us angry rabid lambs, putting us on the defensive, hoping we will explain why we are not angry rabid Lambs. What shit, hell, yes we are angry. Our response could be better served by admitting we are angry, turning it around on the putrid source, and clearly explaining just exactly why we are angry, and expressing that our anger is driven by our patriotism and love for our Country.

•  'It's up to us...' Should be the new... (0+ / 0-)

meme for all who love our country. It always has been and we need to act on this insight.

There is no reason why every one who visits this site cannot call their Congressperson and express their viewpoint on the issues of the day at least once a week.

And as we all know there are lots of other ways to take action but really, why not tell Congress what we want them to do.

Once every week.

by Nestor Makhnow on Sat Jul 01, 2006 at 10:15:45 AM PDT

•  Yes - well put (n/t) (0+ / 0-)

The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind. - Thomas Paine

by javelina on Wed Jun 28, 2006 at 07:07:58 AM PDT