View Diary: CO-Gov: Ann Coulter Fundraiser Nets $NOTHING$ (260 comments)

•  This is a Coulter diary I'm happy to see! (9+ / 0-)

Finally, her karma's catching up with her.
    Did she ever have any explanation for her plagiarism? I caught the tail end of an interview, but apparently they had already covered that issue.

† † † † 2,545 U.S. military † † † † 38960 - 43397 Iraqi civilians † † † †

by Wbythebay on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 07:13:48 AM PDT

•  thought i saw ... (0+ / 0-)

... that there was no 'there' there ... (i.e., the plagiarism charge) ... plenty better material to whap ms. (mr.?) coulter over the head with ...

BushIsWeak.com ... somebody really ought to register this domain name ...

by wystler on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:31:05 AM PDT

•  Um, don't appreciate the questioning of (3+ / 0-)
        sj, Elise, lgmcp

her gender; that's unnecessary.
        Anyone who chooses to be a she, is a she in my book. No smarmy snarks please.

† † † † 2,546 U.S. military † † † † 38960 - 43397 Iraqi civilians † † † †

by Wbythebay on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:43:35 AM PDT

•  I like this reply (6+ / 0-)

Simply because it raises the question of whether Coulter is biologically female ("Anyone who chooses to be a she, is a she in my book") while simultaneously dismissing the importance of biology to femininity in a way Coulter herself (and I will honor her decision to present herself as a her instead of a him) would find particularly galling. It is necessary to insist that questioning Coulter's biological gender is inappropriate, but not because she is clearly biologically female -- biology being irrelevant -- but instead because she has bravely decided to be a she.

Nobody lends money to a man with a sense of humor -- Peter Tork, "Head"

by Field Marshall Stack on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 10:37:33 AM PDT

•  that's the claim of her publisher (1+ / 0-)
        Wbythebay

but there's there there.  Somewhere in the last couple of days I read an article actually listing quotes from the book and then the passages she lifted them from.  She plagiarized all right.  Wish I could recall where that was now.  I think it's in that last internet tube on the right back there...

"the Greater Good and the Greater Profit are not compatible aims" -- Yann Martel

by baba durag on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:55:40 AM PDT

•  Frankly, I would have paid to see her (0+ / 0-)

"stood up" by all the fat-cat repugs.

And I'm sure they never would have reported that she collected money from liberal - so the end result would still have been reported as ZEROOOOO.

•  Her explanation is (2+ / 0-)
      papercut, Wbythebay

it's not plagiarism if you are a Republican.

Just a few rotten apples - Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice ...

by Warren Terrer on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 11:56:53 AM PDT

•  IOKIYAR (0+ / 0-)

"It's OK If You're A Republican" is the new acronym I'm seeing everywhere! Yours could be the newest: INPIYAR.

"We are continually faced with great opportunities which are brilliantly disguised as unsolvable problems." -- Margaret Mead

by flashlass on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 04:23:09 PM PDT

•  Maybe so (0+ / 0-)

But there's still a GIANT display of her latest book at the entrance to the local Barnes & Noble.  I'm scared to go to there for fear of having to see dozens of photos of her manliness.

"I'm no booster of the Horse - I got off that pony a long time ago." ~ Stephen Colbert

by Subterranean on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 12:03:03 PM PDT

•  her manliness? (2+ / 0-)
        Coherent Viewpoint, Wbythebay

Is this necessary?

The woman was born a woman and still is.  So what would be your point?

Teacher's Lounge opens each Saturday, sometime between 10am and 12 noon EST

by rserven on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 03:26:40 PM PDT

•  Yeah, I kinda don't like (1+ / 0-)
          Wbythebay

That people call her a man. Aren't we liberals supposed to be the models of acceptance where that's concerned? Criticize her for her ugly personality, lack of talent, and basic vileness. Leave the sexuality/gender alone. That's a rightwing thing to obsess about!

by flashlass on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 04:26:40 PM PDT

•  Quite seriously (0+ / 0-)

I have no idea if that's true.  Not that it should matter, but none of us actually know.

My apologies to students who took my U.S. Government class in the 90s: evidently the Constitution doesn't limit Presidential power after all. Who knew?

by Major Danby on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 04:30:44 PM PDT

•  Do you really think... (1+ / 0-)
            Coherent Viewpoint

...they allowed transsexual women into a sororities at Cornell when she was a student there?  Is not the word of people who went to school with her enough?  Was not the posting of her gradeschool picture enough?

Teacher's Lounge opens each Saturday, sometime between 10am and 12 noon EST

by rserven on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 04:39:03 PM PDT

•  I didn't see any of that evidence (0+ / 0-)

but I'm glad to know that you've investigated.  Most of the speculation I've seen about Ann C. is that she might be intersexual rather than transsexual or transvestite, etc.  I honestly don't know whether her school chums would have known what tale her chromosomes might have to tell, nor do I much care.  I am surprised if hers is within the normal range of female adam's apples, but if it's not then again it doesn't matter to me.  It's the smell of brimstone when she's in a room that bothers me.

by Major Danby on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 07:18:07 PM PDT

•  One person makes up a rumor out of whole cloth... (0+ / 0-)

...and posts it and you are willing to believe it?  I've got this bridge over the East River for sale.

Apply Occam's Razor:  the simplist answer is the correct one.  All humans have adam's apples. They are all the same relatively the same size, given the size of the person.  They differ in shape:  the angle for males is about 90 degrees, for females about 120 degrees.  Coulter's is the correct shape for females.

The shape of the trachea and the larynx are not sex-linked traits, on the other hand, and those are what you are seeing in pictures of Coulter.

Teacher's Lounge opens each Saturday, sometime between 10am and 12 noon EST

by rserven on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 07:40:29 PM PDT

•  Oh, please (0+ / 0-)

"One person makes up a rumor" -- this has been posted about Coulter for years, and I've seen people wonder as to her gender (based largely on her adam's apple) on seeing her photos without apparently having been influenced by anything beyond their own lying eyes.  Furthermore, I didn't say I was "willing to believe it"; I said I didn't know.  Your condescension on the point does not become you.

Apparently you are an adam's apple expert, so I will defer to you in that respect, except as others may offer compelling challenges to your expertise.  So tell me: why are her trachea and larynx so prominent?

by Major Danby on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:03:41 PM PDT

•  The intersex part was started here... (0+ / 0-)

...that is what I referred to above.  The transsexual accusations started elsewhere and keep getting repeated here.

I'm a transsexual woman.  I have some degree of expertise in this matter.  I know about sex-linked characteristics.

What you see when you look at her throat is too low to be her adam's apple.  My guess it is her larynx.  It probably sticks out because she is thin.  That's my guess, but I am not her doctor.

Teacher's Lounge opens each Saturday, sometime between 10am and 12 noon EST

by rserven on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:14:42 PM PDT

•  I had seen intersex suppositions elsewhere (0+ / 0-)

long before I saw them here, but I'll admit that I can't give you a reference, because it's never been important enough to me to keep track of the sources.

I have known anorexics, though, and I can't ever remember their trachea, larynx, or whatever sticking out like that.  But I (not facetiously) do defer to your expertise.

by Major Danby on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:25:12 PM PDT

•  Maybe so (0+ / 0-)

by Subterranean on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 12:22:25 PM PDT

•  Maybe so (0+ / 0-)

by Subterranean on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 01:12:28 PM PDT

•  Nah, she shut up and let (0+ / 0-)

the syndicator and book publisher conclude it wasn't bona fide plagiarism because...well, just because.

• Recommended (148)
  • Community (68)
  • Elections (34)
  • Media (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • Environment (30)
  • Republicans (23)
  • Labor (23)
  • Economy (20)
  • Marriage Equality (19)
  • Josh Duggar (19)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site