View Diary: CO-Gov: Ann Coulter Fundraiser Nets $NOTHING$ (260 comments)

•  Quite seriously (0+ / 0-)

I have no idea if that's true.  Not that it should matter, but none of us actually know.

My apologies to students who took my U.S. Government class in the 90s: evidently the Constitution doesn't limit Presidential power after all. Who knew?

by Major Danby on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 04:30:44 PM PDT

•  Do you really think... (1+ / 0-)
      Coherent Viewpoint

...they allowed transsexual women into a sororities at Cornell when she was a student there?  Is not the word of people who went to school with her enough?  Was not the posting of her gradeschool picture enough?

Teacher's Lounge opens each Saturday, sometime between 10am and 12 noon EST

by rserven on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 04:39:03 PM PDT

•  I didn't see any of that evidence (0+ / 0-)

but I'm glad to know that you've investigated.  Most of the speculation I've seen about Ann C. is that she might be intersexual rather than transsexual or transvestite, etc.  I honestly don't know whether her school chums would have known what tale her chromosomes might have to tell, nor do I much care.  I am surprised if hers is within the normal range of female adam's apples, but if it's not then again it doesn't matter to me.  It's the smell of brimstone when she's in a room that bothers me.

by Major Danby on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 07:18:07 PM PDT

•  One person makes up a rumor out of whole cloth... (0+ / 0-)

...and posts it and you are willing to believe it?  I've got this bridge over the East River for sale.

Apply Occam's Razor:  the simplist answer is the correct one.  All humans have adam's apples. They are all the same relatively the same size, given the size of the person.  They differ in shape:  the angle for males is about 90 degrees, for females about 120 degrees.  Coulter's is the correct shape for females.

The shape of the trachea and the larynx are not sex-linked traits, on the other hand, and those are what you are seeing in pictures of Coulter.

Teacher's Lounge opens each Saturday, sometime between 10am and 12 noon EST

by rserven on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 07:40:29 PM PDT

•  Oh, please (0+ / 0-)

"One person makes up a rumor" -- this has been posted about Coulter for years, and I've seen people wonder as to her gender (based largely on her adam's apple) on seeing her photos without apparently having been influenced by anything beyond their own lying eyes.  Furthermore, I didn't say I was "willing to believe it"; I said I didn't know.  Your condescension on the point does not become you.

Apparently you are an adam's apple expert, so I will defer to you in that respect, except as others may offer compelling challenges to your expertise.  So tell me: why are her trachea and larynx so prominent?

by Major Danby on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:03:41 PM PDT

•  The intersex part was started here... (0+ / 0-)

...that is what I referred to above.  The transsexual accusations started elsewhere and keep getting repeated here.

I'm a transsexual woman.  I have some degree of expertise in this matter.  I know about sex-linked characteristics.

What you see when you look at her throat is too low to be her adam's apple.  My guess it is her larynx.  It probably sticks out because she is thin.  That's my guess, but I am not her doctor.

Teacher's Lounge opens each Saturday, sometime between 10am and 12 noon EST

by rserven on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:14:42 PM PDT

•  I had seen intersex suppositions elsewhere (0+ / 0-)

long before I saw them here, but I'll admit that I can't give you a reference, because it's never been important enough to me to keep track of the sources.

I have known anorexics, though, and I can't ever remember their trachea, larynx, or whatever sticking out like that.  But I (not facetiously) do defer to your expertise.

by Major Danby on Fri Jul 14, 2006 at 08:25:12 PM PDT

• Rescued (18)
  • Media (16)
  • Politics (16)
  • Environment (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Texas (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site