View Diary: The Boy Scouts of the Third Reich in America (133 comments)

•  I wouldn't let my kid within a mile (6+ / 0-)

of any organization run by "Christians".  Sorry.  They're pervs.  Twisted, demented, self loathing, sexually inadequate pervs.

There, I said it.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 09:34:44 AM PDT

•  Wow (5+ / 0-)

And you're a closeminded person who apparently harbors a lot of hate.

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 09:36:15 AM PDT

•  Sure you can say it (2+ / 0-)
      Muwarr90, Dem partisan

Voltaire and all that - but why? Stereotyping hyperbole only succeeds in lowering you, not ALL Christians.

Quotes from others express a mental laziness in themselves.

by rudgrl on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 09:39:28 AM PDT

•  In fairness to the poster (1+ / 0-)
        Ghost of Frank Zappa

When he used the word "Christians," it was in quotes.  I assume he is indicating that they are not acting in a way consistent with the Christian faith.

The one thing worse than a press that is "out of control" is one that is under control.

by otto on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 09:46:07 AM PDT

•  I don't (0+ / 0-)

Does he have some magic way of looking into peoples hearts and seeing if the are Christians or "Christians"?

I just think he is prejudiced based on religious creed.

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 09:50:45 AM PDT

•  Your choice (0+ / 0-)

I don't agree with the sentiment that follows the comment, but when written the way it was, it indicates a falseness.

by otto on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 09:56:55 AM PDT

•  Well (0+ / 0-)

If you're right, I'm sure we'll be hearing from him soon. I'm sure he'll want to clarify that he didn't mean to slur an entire group based on their religious belief, right?

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:02:58 AM PDT

•  Actually, I do. (2+ / 0-)
            corvo, slothlax

It's really quite simple.  If you have to gather all of the bishops of your church together to have a huge conference to decide whether or not to molest children anymore, and then how to cover up the tens of thousands you've already molested, for instance, that is a window into the heart and soul.  At least in my book.  Don't know what book you use.

And even if you find this moral, which I don't, certainly you must agree it's a felony.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:16:34 AM PDT

•  Oh BS (0+ / 0-)

to decide whether or not to molest children anymore

As a Roman Catholic I am shocked and appalled by the Bishops handling of the abuse cases, but your characterization that they were deciding whether or not to continue abusing childeren is a lie of the worst sort. And to pass your anger on the heirarchy of the church on to the millions of common believers and to as a result call them perverts is unacceptable.

You (no quotation marks) are a bigot.

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:23:31 AM PDT

•  The policy of shuffling (0+ / 0-)

known pederast priests from one parish to the next, instead of removing them from the priesthood, does give pause to wonder exactly what the bishops had been allowing all those years.

•  You are an apologist for (0+ / 0-)

child molesting.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:35:05 AM PDT

•  Frankly, (1+ / 0-)
                  corvo

I'd rather be a bigot.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:35:23 AM PDT

•  Really? (0+ / 0-)

When did I ever apologize for child molestation?

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:47:50 AM PDT

•  How exactly are you an apologist for child (0+ / 0-)

molesters?

By not denouncing and demanding accountability from the very hierarchy that you excuse.

You still follow the "hierarchy", and the infallible pope.  Unquestioning of their atrocious, felonious behavior.  I don't give a good God damn how many millions of Catholics there are.  Pope Benedict and Pope John Paul were both complicit in the molestation and cover up of tens of thousands of children.  They KNEW.  That's all that needs to be said.  They KNEW.  And did NOTHING.

So, once again, I will relax in the golden glow of my bigotry while you wallow in the slime of your apologizing for child molestation.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 11:35:37 AM PDT

•  Oh that's right! (0+ / 0-)

I forgot that you knew all my actions and know exactly what my current realtionship to the church is.

Ah how nice it must be to be able to judge someone just by a label. Cuts down on all that pesky thinking and learning.

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 11:39:03 AM PDT

•  Here's a lie of the WORST kind. (0+ / 0-)

Send your children to us.  We will educate them and instill in them good Christian values.  And when we molest them, we will cover it up.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Upon this rock I shall fuck your kids.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 12:40:15 PM PDT

•  Just because the Fuhrer demanded the death (0+ / 0-)

of 20 million innocent people doesn't mean ALL Nazis are bad.  Does it?

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 12:42:52 PM PDT

•  Hey (0+ / 0-)

You claimed you were a Catholic too. So if we're all that evil, why don't you take care of your own problems first before spewing out your hate at the rest of us? Judge not  and you won't be judged, remember?

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 04:05:06 PM PDT

•  Here's God's phone number. (0+ / 0-)

Et cum spiri two two O.

I called him.  He wasn't too keen on fuckin the kids.

My rant would be hate if it weren't true.  Pointing out truly hateful behaviour does not make one a hater.  And the entire power structure of the Apostolic, Universal Catholic Church, the teachers of MY childhood, and the largest landowners on the planet, were complicit in a serial rape of children.  For decades.

Oopsie.

Guess that's not what I believe in anymore.

In your case I guess love means never having to say you're sorry.

You call my view hate.  I call it a felony.  With impunity.

Maybe an act of contrition would be in order.  Starting with putting the criminal perpetrators in jail.  And reporting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the entire matter.  And replacing the head of the fish which is thoroughly rotten.  Otherwise, just a bunch of unrepentant child molesters.  You can apologize for them all you want.  But, I can guarantee you 100% that the Jesus of MY childhood wouldn't give a wink and a nod to raping children.

Amen.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 04:26:47 PM PDT

•  Look, dude (0+ / 0-)

Get some help. Stop lashing out at people who have done nothing to you. You have No more reason to believe that I apologize for the Catholic Church's action than I do about you. I'm not your enemy. Learn to differentiate. Get a grip.

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:04:55 PM PDT

•  You called me names first. (0+ / 0-)

So, there.

But, I hear ya.

Those Catholics.  Whaddaya gonna do?

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 08:39:55 PM PDT

•  Ghost (0+ / 0-)

has put his/her size twelves in his mouth more then a few times - that's why no TR. But i believe you are being overly generous in your take.

Quotes from others express a mental laziness in themselves.

by rudgrl on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:00:37 AM PDT

•  Oh, that I know (0+ / 0-)

I know about the poster.

I've seen the posts.

The poster stated something inelegantly, but it was something which has merits.

by otto on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:03:41 AM PDT

•  Merits? (0+ / 0-)

What's the merit of saying that all people who have a religious label, be the label in quotation marks or not, are perverts?

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:08:51 AM PDT

•  I'll quote myself (1+ / 0-)
                rudgrl

I don't agree with the sentiment that follows the comment

I though about giving a nicely worded comment which explains why I support something I don't believe- The Bible- but, I don't think I should have to defend my non-belief.

by otto on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:15:03 AM PDT

•  Ahhh - if only (1+ / 0-)
                  otto

you could impart that wisdom.

Quotes from others express a mental laziness in themselves.

by rudgrl on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:16:34 AM PDT

•  Really? (0+ / 0-)

I have a deep respect for someone who has faith.  I have none.  I am personally not capable of making that leap.  It is thusfar impossible in my life to do that.  I have never avoided any discussion of the positive aspects of faith- they are many.  Faith has been a driving force in positive moral behavior for thousands of years.  However, I am utterly incapable of believing in the words in a book which describes history from thousands of years ago.  Especially when the history is often describe inaccurately.  I believe that if I were to accept the Christian faith and become part of that community, I would be a liar and a cheat.  It is the most honest and morally appropriate thing I can do to matter of factly state my inability to Believe.  I have never had any problems with anyone for making the statement.  I have friends of faith.  They tell me about it.  I don't have any problems with them.

by otto on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:22:15 AM PDT

•  ? (0+ / 0-)

The poster stated something inelegantly, but it was something which has merits.

What merits?

Lying can never save us from another lie - Vaclav Havel

by Muwarr90 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:17:42 AM PDT

•  Sure (0+ / 0-)

Merits- The public face of the Christian faith has been stolen.  By using the quotes surrounding the word, the poster indicates this.

A truly Christian organization would not discriminate in this manner.

Do you agree with that?

by otto on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:26:16 AM PDT

•  By 'Christians' (1+ / 0-)
      Ghost of Frank Zappa

By "Christians" you mean people who profess Christianity, but harbor bigotry and hate - a subset of Christians nationwide, right?

Throw the bums out!

by Mikey on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 09:51:03 AM PDT

•  By 'Christians' I mean specifically (4+ / 0-)
        Pompatus, sberel, corvo, slothlax

the "fuck the poor", "poison the children's minds", "death penalty proponent, warmongering", "wealth hoarding" TV preacher motherfuckers.

Sorry if that offends you.  They offend me.  They are what passes for Christian in this country nowadays.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:10:17 AM PDT

•  Crappy Christians, then. (1+ / 0-)
          Ghost of Frank Zappa

Call them what they are:

Christianists.

"I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor." King George III

by ogre on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:30:52 AM PDT

•  Actually, that's a good term. (0+ / 0-)

I kind of like Jesus.  He was pretty cool.

I'm of the view though that the last "real" Christian died on the cross.

If we're dumb. Then God is dumb. And maybe a little ugly on the side.

by Ghost of Frank Zappa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 10:40:32 AM PDT