View Diary: Wow! Lookee! A Value-For-Money Military! (129 comments)

•  But CNBC broadcasts stock tips (15+ / 0-)

that the wars are good for our defense contractors' earnings per share.  No love for our war profiteers? {snark}

-4.75, -5.33 Cheney 10/05/04: "I have not suggested there is a connection between Iraq and 9/11."

by sunbro on Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 05:41:33 AM PDT

•  What about maintenance & development? (0+ / 0-)

I'm sure that just maintaining our current arsenal (and the technology behind it) is costing us a ton as well.

Also, Iran is in the business of acquiring hardware only after some country (like ours) that has the resources ($ and people) develops and tests that hardware.  I'm sure R&D in Iran is a speck compared to the kind of R&D we do for our military.

How does that hit the per capita?

"I am not a member of any organized political party — I am a Democrat."
      ~Will Rogers

-5.25, -4.87

by cotasm on Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 08:38:28 AM PDT

•  What about maintenance & development? (0+ / 0-)

How does that hit the per capita?

"I am not a member of any organized political party — I am a Democrat."
      ~Will Rogers

-5.25, -4.87

by cotasm on Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 08:38:34 AM PDT

•  What about maintenance & development? (0+ / 0-)

How does that hit the per capita?

"I am not a member of any organized political party — I am a Democrat."
      ~Will Rogers

-5.25, -4.87

by cotasm on Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 08:38:55 AM PDT

•  What about maintenance & development? (0+ / 0-)

How does that hit the per capita?

"I am not a member of any organized political party — I am a Democrat."
      ~Will Rogers

-5.25, -4.87

by cotasm on Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 08:41:07 AM PDT

•  What about maintenance & development? (0+ / 0-)

How does that hit the per capita?

"I am not a member of any organized political party — I am a Democrat."
      ~Will Rogers

-5.25, -4.87

by cotasm on Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 08:41:22 AM PDT

•  What about maintenance & development? (0+ / 0-)

How does that hit the per capita?

"I am not a member of any organized political party — I am a Democrat."
      ~Will Rogers

-5.25, -4.87

by cotasm on Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 08:58:01 AM PDT

•  What about maintenance & development? (0+ / 0-)

How does that hit the per capita?

"I am not a member of any organized political party — I am a Democrat."
      ~Will Rogers