View Diary: CAUGHT ON TAPE: Tom Friedman's Shocking Admission (250 comments)

•  Why is this on the Rec List ? (1+ / 0-)
    mainely49

Sure, it's a little interesting diary. Little, interesting, and the author did not post a tipjar or stick around to answer any questions. You get my point.

-8.63 -7.28 He was carrying a skateboard on his back, a red rose in his fist, and the war.

by OneCrankyDom on Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 12:33:56 PM PDT

•  Not Much To It (6+ / 0-)

But it hilariously exposes Friedman as a hack.

"Unitary executive" is French for "Mussolini."

by bink on Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 12:38:44 PM PDT

•  Actually i don't (1+ / 0-)
      SecondComing

This is a good analysis of an important topic with relevant links.  David my be a blog star but he has participated in this community plenty and actively.  I happily recommend it.

Make a neocon cry, buy un::Conventional - the YearlyKos experience in words and pictures.

by ETinKC on Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 12:40:22 PM PDT

•  This is hardly a press release diary. (6+ / 0-)

Get off it on hammering sirota for being an empty suit.

Every piece he drops on this community is valuable.

I have no problem with non-moderated diaries if they have merit on their own.

Neither should you.

This is a huge thing for all of us who don't believe in Cheap Labor. Sirota catches Friedman, Cheap Labor Shill in the mold of John Stossel, with his pants down and you want to beat him up because he didn't stick around to chat.

Leave Sirota alone. Engage his ideas. They are winners.

Ignore the base, hide our values, and chase the swing voter and we not only lose, but we fall farther behind.

by k9disc on Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 02:29:46 PM PDT

•  'Neither should you' (1+ / 0-)
        k9disc

sounds rather authoritarian to me.

•  It is, kinda, isn't it. (1+ / 0-)
          slatsg

But damn, man.
          Sirota drops this stinking log of hypocrisy of Friedman as sensible 'liberal', and that guy wants it not to be heard if Dave aint gonna sit around and baby sit it.

It's silly.

I guess I should have put it in the other sentence. It does look rather imposing all out there on it's own.

But you know, I don't bitch about anyone who contributes quality to this site. Even when I disagree with it.

That's the problem with online communities. There are thousands of little bones that have yet to be picked. Somebody always grabs one (myself included).

Cheers

by k9disc on Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 02:50:55 PM PDT

•  So does,'This should not be a recommended...' (0+ / 0-)
          Does it not?

As if Dom were the keeper of the recommended diary.

I thought it was a fine piece on all fronts.

It looked to be about 400 words. 3 long paragraphs, quote in the middle.

It dumped on Russert. Dumped on Friedman. Pointed out the gaping holes in Cheap Labor Economics.

But it should not be recommended because David did not stay and babysit.

by k9disc on Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 02:54:40 PM PDT

•  I get your (unstated) point. (0+ / 0-)

And I agree. Celebrity.