View Diary: Blue Boise (81 comments)

•  Warning: I'm about to get TR'ed by Idahoans. (0+ / 0-)

Yeah, they just need more out-of-staters to move into Sun Valley.  Heh.

The media are only as liberal as the conservative businesses that own them.

by MTgirl on Fri Nov 10, 2006 at 06:14:46 PM PST

•  Heh (4+ / 0-)
      pattisigh, MTgirl, Ckntfld, MountainGoat

No, we're fine in Blaine Co. They need to move to Canyon Co.!

"I have a philosophy about elections. I believe issues divide and values unite."--Gov. Brian Schweitzer

by Joan McCarter on Fri Nov 10, 2006 at 06:16:46 PM PST

•  Not quite the solution we'd hoped for... (4+ / 0-)

Out-of-staters are coming to Idaho BECAUSE of its conservative reputation... running from the liberal wasteland of California and such drivel...
      Where is my Idaho?

•  Yeah, actually we have the same problem (1+ / 0-)
        MountainGoat

in Montana.  I used to clerk in a motel and I remember one man from CA who was bringing his son to MSU because he thought Montana was a good red state.  He didn't want his son going to college in California because of all of those evil liberals in the university system.

I still find it amusing that he assumed I agreed with him simply because I was from Montana and therefore a Republican.  Obviously, he didn't know much about Montana!  We were blue before Reagan came along.

The media are only as liberal as the conservative businesses that own them.

by MTgirl on Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 04:45:01 AM PST

•  I thought they were coming (0+ / 0-)
        to get away from the hurly-burly of the city and enjoy the beauty of the land and the slower pace of living. Isn't that why movie stars buy homes there?

Secretary of State-elect Jennifer Brunner: screwed-up elections in Ohio soon to become history!

by anastasia p on Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 07:07:06 AM PST

•  Maybe in Sun Valley (0+ / 0-)

and in Cour d'alain, the resort-type areas.  The rest of the state is attracting "lifestyle" newcomers.  That's the growth in Ada and Canyon counties, both in ID-01.

...the fires of frustration and discord are burning in every city Idaho... -JFK MG

by MountainGoat on Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 07:34:34 AM PST

•  Thanks for (0+ / 0-)

linking to my diary...maybe I'll have more to say soon.

by MountainGoat on Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 08:17:57 AM PST

• Recommended (125)
  • Community (60)
  • Media (31)
  • Elections (31)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (30)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Labor (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site