View Diary: Will I Be Hillary's First "Guest Blogger?" (52 comments)

•  Sorry... (0+ / 0-)

...if I spoke Martian, I could respond to you.

Democrats: For the health, prosperity and security of every single American.

by alysheba on Sat Jan 27, 2007 at 03:19:57 PM PST

•  I may be wrong, (0+ / 0-)

but I think roxnev is referring to John McCain, the gentleman who couldn't stay awake during the SOTU.

I think he's asking whether you would rather support McCain.  And by that, I think he's questioning whether infighting among progressives for one candidate over another is not playing into the hands of the Republicans.

If I am right about what roxnev is saying, you might not agree with him, but he is asking you that question.

My moniker is in honor of three generations of women whose soul's were seared in the cauldron of Hell's Kitchen, NYC

by hells kitchen on Sat Jan 27, 2007 at 05:08:22 PM PST

•  Thanks for the translation. (1+ / 0-)
        hells kitchen

Does Roxnev also believe, as SecDef Gates does, that a nonbinding Senate resolution against the Bush/McCain Escalation is playing into the hands of Al Qaeda?

Does he believe that, during a time of war, those who question the Commander in Chief do so "at our nation's peril"?

Perhaps Roxnev believes that the very act of even holding a primary is playing into the hands of Republicans?

No primaries on Mars, I guess, where candidates are chosen by the Supreme Galactic Council.

Democrats: For the health, prosperity and security of every single American.

by alysheba on Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 11:23:23 AM PST

•  You need to look (0+ / 0-)

at all of roxnev's comments.  It's like a treasure hunt.  I've sent an email to you, btw.

I believe from reading roxnev's various posts that he is against the war. period.

The point I think he's trying to get across that that our enemies are the Republicans, not the Democrats.  Again, you might not agree with that, but that seems to be his point of view.

now comes my opinion:

Like many of the posters at dKos, I have my preferences for Democratic presidential candidate in 2008.  I try to limit my comments to positive words and voting in various polls.

There is undeniable frustration in some of the things our Democratic hopefuls do.  I don't post negative comments for the reason that roxnev points to; I just find the fights that people get into to be unproductive.

Each of the candidates are going to act the way they will.  Some of them will stay tuned to what the blogosphere has to say, some will not.  The shake-out is ongoing through the primaries and then we'll know.

Although there are some candidates I really dislike - Clinton being one of them, I will support whatever Democrat wins the candidacy in 2008, including Clinton.

by hells kitchen on Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 12:47:53 PM PST

•  I applaud you (0+ / 0-)

for championing this person, I really do. It's a great instict that all Progressives have to one degree or another.

But, honestly, between your comments and your email, I think your effort here is akin to chasing down a prizefighter to scold him for punching his sparring partner. We all kind of come to this site to duke it out, y'know? The guy underneath the headgear who keeps throwing wild misses? I don't know if he's got a screw loose or if he's just really bad. All I know is he stepped into the ring with me and I'm getting a workout for my title bout with Joe Republican.

If you feel that this person is in such a condition that he needs a team of handlers to run defense for him in the comments, maybe your efforts should go into helping him reach out somewhere where there aren't 120,000 sardonic assholes like me puking our passions out onto the page. And I say that in all sincerity.

He happens to be "reaching out" in an environment where the ability to construct sentences that are decipherable to the average human being is kind of a prerequisite.

Are we supposed to change that to accomodate him?

Democrats: For the health, prosperity and security of every single American.

by alysheba on Mon Jan 29, 2007 at 01:02:10 AM PST

•  You might (0+ / 0-)

want to check out this diary:

I just want a better Country

by hells kitchen on Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 12:55:56 PM PST