View Diary: Action: Please help our soldiers get the truth (175 comments)

•  Frontpage! What a Coup For a Defense Contractor! (0+ / 0-)

Wow, a defense contractor got on dailykos a frontpage a request to get everyone to lobby congress to buy its products.

That's quite impressive. Whoever handles this company's PR, I want to hire for myself.

What's next, a diary for everyone to call their congressman to advocate more B-2 Stealth Bombers?

•  I'm sorry - I must've missed the part (1+ / 0-)
      AndyT

about urging Congress to buy anyone's products? Can you please point me to that?

As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. - Justice William O. Douglas

by occams hatchet on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 05:10:33 PM PST

•  you are shilling for a defense contractor (0+ / 0-)

that lost out on a contract, and wants a second chance. the purpose of this second chance would be for the Pentagon to BUY THIS COMPANY's PRODUCTS.

The real story is that the company you are shilling for failed the tests the Army put its products through.

Flexible body armor fails Army testing

By: LOLITA C. BALDOR - Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The Army's struggle to find a new, more flexible body armor was dealt a setback Friday when a California company's high tech Dragon Skin vests failed to pass military testing, a senior defense official said.

full article

•  Exactly! (1+ / 0-)
          California Joe

Again - the contractor is trying to push his wears outside the system and has from the start.  That is why they had to put a specific request for product testing out in general solicitation, because the contractor would not submit his product for the Army's testing.

The group over individual equipment are stellar and I know they have been working this issue for 3 years with this guy

Unleash the potential to make a difference

by totallynext on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 06:31:50 PM PST

•  What is in that article that OH didn't have (1+ / 0-)
          Dburn

in the diary. after three days the tests were stopped with no reasons given. We have been following this here for a long time. Do you really think the brass and the SS would be wearing the inferior product. Also I appreciate how you fail to mention the fact that the current ballistic plates will only take one hit so much for protection from that double tap. Oh and by the way it's kind of interesting when you research how much the current contract holder has donated to the republican party .

"every saint has a past, every sinner has a future" Oscar Wilde

by buddabelly on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 07:31:49 PM PST

•  Every big defense contractor gives to Republicans (0+ / 0-)

It proves nothing.

There were reasons given to the end of the testing. The tests failed.

•  Science, dear one... (2+ / 0-)
              Dburn, occams hatchet

You cannot legitimately fail a test that you do not complete.

I am given a 100-question exam by my teacher.  If I pass the exam, I will beat out the teacher's daughter for a prestigious scholarship.

After I have completed 30 answers (luckily for me, correctly), my exam and answer sheet are taken from me.  My teacher tells my parents that I "failed" the exam, because I only correctly answered 30 out of 100 questions.

Does this resemble a level playing field?
              Is this a fair test of my ability?
              Are the results accurate in any sense of the word?

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. -- Salvor Hardin

by TexasAMC on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 08:44:24 PM PST

•  The tests were rigged (2+ / 0-)
              occams hatchet, Habitat Vic

That's why they failed. No independent observation. But word leaks out that level 4 rounds were fired repeatedly until it failed and then it was proclaimed unfit while the contract holder with billions at at stake for not only body armor but vehicle armors product was not put through the same test.

It would have hard time passing a lower threat level 3 round much less multiple level 4 rounds ( armor piercing)

Again, when you people post shit where lives are at stake, you better be prepared with links  including test protocols, individuals present at tests, rounds fired at test, conditions of test and most importantly has the current contract holder been subjected to the same tests.

If you can't , then don't post, not when kids are dying wearing that crap. If you are posting that despite all of that, then I smell money

Facts are at www.sftt.org

Including all the tests where Dragon Skin passed the level 3 Tests by the Justice dept in PDF and links to the Justice dept. It's strange that the army /armor holdings and others won't subject their armor to an independent test lab with Dragon Skin. They can and should design the protocols. But with as much corruption as there is in the system, they shouldn't be let anywhere near the place where the results are written up.

But no, that won't happen not as long as the proper people have been paid. Apparently they are back posting here too.

Diebold, the hand of God
              Oversize Rants Available Overnight at
              The Image Factory

by Dburn on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 08:48:22 PM PST

•  Well, you just proved your ignorance. (1+ / 0-)
              Clem Yeobright

Not every big defense contractor gives to Republicans - not even one of the biggest suppliers to the Interceptor program, Ceradyne, which supplied the ceramic SAPI and ESAPI plates.

You might want to actually do some research next time. You could do worse than to read my previous diaries on the subject, including all the links. I did.

by occams hatchet on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 09:38:16 PM PST

•  Who is shilling for who? (0+ / 0-)

Sounds to me like you have a stake in it. Armor holdings is a defense contractor. Pinnacle armor has a competing and superior product, but as far as I know is no defense contractor.

Who pays you guys?

Diebold, the hand of God
          Oversize Rants Available Overnight at
          The Image Factory

by Dburn on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 08:57:30 PM PST

•  I'm shilling? HA! (0+ / 0-)

That's rich. I have absolutely no dog in this fight except the welfare of our troops, the integrity of the military procurement system, and the prudent use of my hard-earned tax dollars. Whatever system is best, that's the one I want our soldiers to use.

What's your objection to open testing?

Anyone reading this who wants to know the full story, please read all of my previous diaries linked in this diary, and all of the links therein.

by occams hatchet on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 09:35:48 PM PST

•  that has been there MO (1+ / 0-)
      California Joe

Quite frankly that has been this contractors MO - delaying and sometime refusing to submit testing in the begining - going through media and congress.

Unleash the potential to make a difference

by totallynext on Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 05:12:29 PM PST

•  Yes he has (0+ / 0-)

When tests are rigged then he has no choice. Too much money at stake. You are defending the current contract holder with post after post. AS far as I'm concerned, I don't care if it's Dragon Skin are anything else. It has already been proven in combat under testing but the same pentagon where people are fired for calling out bid rigging , we are suddenly supposed to by this BS.

Care to wear that crap  in a live test and show us you mean what you say?

Diebold, the hand of God

• Science (21)
  • Law (20)
  • Rescued (20)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Media (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (18)
  • Elections (18)
  • Education (17)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Economy (15)
  • Republicans (15)
  • Racism (14)
  • Ireland (14)
  • Health Care (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site