View Diary: Frameshop: D'Souza and the Violent Right (199 comments)

•  Troll-rated for racist remarks. Not on my watch. (0+ / 0-)

Change the course--change the Captain. Change the crew. But save the ship!

by ImpeachKingBushII on Fri Mar 02, 2007 at 11:39:40 AM PST

•  Gimme a break (1+ / 0-)
      leveymg

I'm making a point!

I'm married to an Indian woman for Chrissakes!

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. -Martin Luther King Jr.

by Joshua Lyman on Fri Mar 02, 2007 at 11:43:12 AM PST

•  OK JL I'm going to give you a break... (1+ / 0-)
        NeuvoLiberal

...something I never got in my 54 years. I grew up when it was considered cool for the cops to beat the living shit out of blacks just for being black, making them drink from separate fountains, riding in the back of the bus, and having the KKK crosses burned in their front yards for the "crime" of being black. So you seem to think it was appropriate to refresh my memory of those days. I didn't think it was funny then. I sure as hell don't think it's funny now. Racism is never funny.
         There was a Jewish shop owner who survived the holocaust living in my neighborhood in the 60s growing up, and these kids thought it was funny to walk in there every other day wearing swastikas and nearly making that old man have a heart attack!
         So the next time you want to use racism "to illustrate a point", please think again. Please don't do it!

Change the course--change the Captain. Change the crew. But save the ship!

by ImpeachKingBushII on Fri Mar 02, 2007 at 02:57:30 PM PST

•  Friend (1+ / 0-)
          ImpeachKingBushII

I wouldn't consciously refresh your memory of those days. I wouldn't purposefully remind you of painful times from your past.

I guess I will need to think twice before using racism to make a point.

I was really angry at the time. How horrible it is that D'Souza thinks it's okay to suggest that liberals should be killed. We are good, honest, decent people who want America to be a free and prosperous place. We don't want trouble with anyone. Like blacks in Jim Crow's South, or Jews in Hitler's Germany, we want to live good lives and be left in peace.

Dinesh D'Souza lives safely and happily in his intermarriage because of the advances that progressives made in this country, the same advances that conservatives fought tooth and nail and club and torch and rifle.

He doesn't seem to appreciate that fact.

by Joshua Lyman on Fri Mar 02, 2007 at 04:40:13 PM PST

•  We're the ONLY "checks and balances" left... (2+ / 0-)
            Joshua Lyman, Judge Moonbox

...to oppose the tyranny of the neo-con corporate fascism and new world order. When people like D'Souza can spout the poison that comes from their mouths, it is because true patriots died for that right, the same right for others they now are trying to extinguish. How very ironic, indeed. Thank you for putting your views into better perspective. I feel a lot better now. Peace to you and yours.

Change the course--change the Captain. Change the crew. But save the ship!

by ImpeachKingBushII on Fri Mar 02, 2007 at 07:17:10 PM PST

•  I guess you don't mesh (1+ / 0-)
      jhecht

with irony and sarcasm, hmm?

•  I think you should retract the troll rating (2+ / 0-)
      leveymg, Joshua Lyman

Jl was employing sarcasm to get a valid point across: "It's amazing that a guy like this is actually a bedfellow with the hateful white right of this country!". Same thing applies to Bobby Jindal.

Beat back the rightwing smearing of Gore! Find Rebuttal Arguments here

by NeuvoLiberal on Fri Mar 02, 2007 at 12:57:34 PM PST

•  I'll second that (0+ / 0-)

I'm also guilty of posting a snarky reply on this thread.  I called for D'Souza to be renditioned to Gitmo and waterboarded until he gives up bin Laden's location.  Well, you'll get it if you read it.