View Diary: 18 Dems Cosponsor AWB II, Forget Why They Were Elected (161 comments)

•  That is one of the most ignorant statements... (4+ / 0-)
    Miss Blue, harrylimelives, 0wn, Da Rock

...I've ever seen posted to Daily Kos.

Congratulations.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" - Sinclair Lewis

by Loboguara on Sun Mar 11, 2007 at 08:15:42 PM PDT

•  Well when you, or your family is on.. (0+ / 0-)

... the business end of one of these then come back and tell me how ignorant I am.  In the mean time I don't think you are much of a Democrat if this issue makes you go to the other side.  So get going with my blessing.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Sun Mar 11, 2007 at 08:18:58 PM PDT

•  I have been on both sides of "one of these" (5+ / 0-)

both in the military and in civilian life.

I never leave home without my semi .45 which I am properly licensed to carry .... I have never had to use it in civilian life other than to open my coat and show it (never pulled it though) when I was once threatened by 4 young hoodlum types ... I am convinced that without it they would have at minimum robbed me. A home down the street from me recently had a "home invasion" where the wife was tied up and the house robbed .... my wife and kids (who have been trained and respect a firearm) know how and will use a weapon should the same happen to us. Sorry but my family comes first and asking a criminal to hold on until the police arrive is not a viable option for us.

I will be happy to give up my gun as soon as all the bad guys have theirs taken away from them.

This is exactly what the NRA types will use to show that the entire Dem party wants to take away everyone's guns... it doesn't matter how you specify it, it will be seen as a party platform. Why (to use a bad pun) give the Repugs ammunition to use against us??

I see my boy Wexler is one of the supporters -- he will be receiving a letter and call from me asking him to NOT sponsor this bill.

It doesn't really matter if I'm wrong I'm right Where I belong I'm right Where I belong.

by Da Rock on Sun Mar 11, 2007 at 08:48:23 PM PDT

•  Thank you. (4+ / 0-)
          espresso, Shadan7, 0wn, Da Rock

Real life is cruel. Bad things happen. Everyone is the "somebody else" to everyone else.

Everyone thinks it can't happen to them. Unfortunately, the ones who were defenseless often can't tell their story...they're the ones in the bodybags after the home invasion.

Don't want a gun and don't want to train to be able to properly use one, fine.

But don't tell me I can't have the most effective means that exist to quickly stop a more powerful, perhaps drug-addled threat. And yes, that includes semi-auto rifles, ask anyone who survived Katrina.

by Loboguara on Sun Mar 11, 2007 at 08:51:54 PM PDT

•  I always tell anti gun folks (1+ / 0-)
            0wn

that I promise that should they ever be in a life threatening position that I will not pull my weapon to help them ....

BTW HR 1022 ... the R(uger) 10/22 is a fine semi automatic rifle. Wonder how they picked the number??

by Da Rock on Sun Mar 11, 2007 at 08:58:45 PM PDT

•  for every one person killed in a home invasion... (0+ / 0-)

...by a gun there is at least that many killed by guns in domestic violence incidences.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 12:14:13 AM PDT

•  Explain. (0+ / 0-)

Please.

"Conservatism makes no poetry, breathes no prayer, has no invention; it is all memory." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

by reef the dog on Sun Mar 11, 2007 at 08:19:10 PM PDT

• Education (24)
  • Congress (23)
  • Science (23)
  • Civil Rights (23)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Law (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site