View Diary: On the impossibility of Palestinian recognition of the State of Israel (307 comments)

•  I would change the sig line. (2+ / 0-)
    zemblan, jhritz

Shergald is banned, and his writings probably are the cause of that. So yeah, I'd suggest it really is a bad idea to advertise them. Not to mention the tangent that the guy is a screaming, obvious anti-Semite or anything like that. Gotta wonder about advertising that, but hey.

In New York, we eat wingnuts for breakfast. And we blog, too.

by MBNYC on Tue Mar 27, 2007 at 08:11:30 PM PDT

•  you gave your add~ (1+ / 0-)
      james risser

I have my Sign~ face it Mattes or I could have your favorite author in our sign line and you wouldnt like us any way?

dairy pimping come over remember Hunter S Thompson, my friend the
      True Gonzo!

"A standing army is one of the greatest mischief that can possibly happen" James Madison (-6.88, -6.26)

by npbeachfun on Tue Mar 27, 2007 at 08:55:17 PM PDT

•  You know (2+ / 0-)
        shpilk, zemblan

..when and if I start peddling hate speech in my sig line, give me a holler. Until then, how about calling a spade a spade and stepping away from advertising an anti-Semite?

This is really basic stuff. Shergald = banned user + anti-Semite = bad.

In New York, we eat wingnuts for breakfast. And we blog, too.

by MBNYC on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 06:00:28 AM PDT

•  Hummmm (1+ / 0-)
          jdcondit

Who put you in charge of Offensive Speech?
          Looks to me that anAm is keeping an eye on Shergald, he seemed to know about all of Shergald stories... giving links to some of them. I too lazy to do a search but at lest twice people on your side gave me links to Shergald?

Funny how much all of you care about Shergald?
          I never went over to LGF to see what Red Tulips was up to~ I was just glad she was gone.

As far as I can tell you weren't even on the I/P debate when Shergald was Band, unless you are an old user with a New ID~ which is with in the rules.

I am an Israeli, Shergald didnt offend me, you have said you are not Jewish?

Please let me know when you are appointed: "The minister of thought and speech" until then I will keep believing Both of my countries support Free Speech!

by npbeachfun on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 08:01:00 PM PDT

•  I thought it was a good diary. (3+ / 0-)
      weasel, npbeachfun, james risser

And, no I don't think he is anti-semite.

Miss Shergald? Here: http://evenhandeddems.blogspot.com/2007/03/all-hail-israel-aipac-and-grovelling.html

by mattes on Tue Mar 27, 2007 at 09:12:43 PM PDT

•  Dude... (3+ / 0-)
        shpilk, Eric S, zemblan

Via here, some choice material:

These groups, in conjunction with Jewish dominated media giants like the New York Times, the Washington Post, Newsweek Magazine, the Los Angeles Times, Time- Warner-AOL and their CNN news network, basically control the dissemination of news in the United States

What part of the old anti-Semitic trope "the Joos control the media" strikes you as not being anti-Semitic? And what exactly does it say about you that you consider this, by inference, a reasonable statement?

And now, watch Mattes make a sustained argument about how it's true and The Joos do control the media.

In New York, we eat wingnuts for breakfast. And we blog, too.

by MBNYC on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 05:55:10 AM PDT

•  Yes, some people think that. (3+ / 0-)
          npbeachfun, james risser, jdcondit

Is that reason to be banned? Maybe you can change their mind.

by mattes on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 01:47:13 PM PDT

•  Sorry, no. (2+ / 0-)
            Eric S, zemblan

Sure, some people think that. Some people think we need to bring segregated lunch counters back. Some people believe that stoning is an appropriate punishment for adultery. Some people think the Holocaust never happened.

Thing is, I don't spend time arguing with those people. Once someone's reached that level, they're not susceptible to argument, otherwise they wouldn't hold these views.

And yes, anti-Semitism is bannable here, as I understand it. With cause.

In New York, we eat wingnuts for breakfast. And we blog, too.

by MBNYC on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 02:09:34 PM PDT