View Diary: On the impossibility of Palestinian recognition of the State of Israel (307 comments)

•  haha (3+ / 0-)
    weasel, npbeachfun, james risser

You're funny. No, I wrote a long...boring...epitemological answer and there was an error, I lost it, and I was way too bored to write it again. But if claiming intellectual superiority makes you feel good , go ahead.
    Anyway, you are missing the point. There is difference between a formal, conceptual rigurosity, and a dogmatic belief in a universal "truth".
    If Kos defines Trollish behavior specifically in the site's rules, then you should stick to them rigurously. Obvioulsy, the whole point of the TR is that it doesn't matter whether it is answering to a trollish comment or if its making a good point. Trollish behavior must be TR. Period. Of course, I am not expecting you to listen to an inconsistent like me.
    Shalom

"There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people." Howard Zinn

by Chilean Jew on Tue Mar 27, 2007 at 08:14:08 PM PDT

•  Fear not, no epistemology this evening, (3+ / 0-)
      shpilk, Keith Moon, jhritz

but I do not think you characterize the debate here even remotely evenhandedly.

And even a cursory examination of the TR situation would reveal, it favors "the side" with more regular participants, which is clearly the ostensible "pro-Palestinian" one.  Also, it is typical that the rules are deemed flexible when being flexible favors one's own position, and rigid when that is advantageous.  There is nearly no enforcement mechanism; and both sides abuse, at least in proportion to their numbers.

As for me, I very rarely give out TRs - I don't care for them.  Risser, with his itchy trigger finger has given out more in the last week than I have in my entire time here.

Hopeless typist, poor speller, miserable proofreader, not stupid. And I neglected to mention, a faulty memory.

by Eric S on Tue Mar 27, 2007 at 08:47:34 PM PDT

•  heh (3+ / 0-)
        shpilk, Eric S, jhritz

damn you nailed it.

where's weasel?

•  I'm not (3+ / 0-)

judging which side is more childish in this debate. God what a waste of time that would be. This isn't the real world, it isn't a popularity contest. It isn't a virtual battle to score points. This is free exchange of ideas. This is learning from each other. It is connecting with people and creating a community. I don't care who said what nor when, I just see a lot of space wasted here in superfluous crap about who started and who told mommy. Common guys! This is a serious issue, don't make a circus out of it. Thats all I'm asking. It doesn't matter if James TR 5 times a day or if the "pro-palestinians" are picking on you. TR if it is right to do so, regardless of the context and if you agree or not. That is YOUR responsibility as a member of this community. That is the responsibility of each of us.

by Chilean Jew on Tue Mar 27, 2007 at 09:09:52 PM PDT

•  well ok (1+ / 0-)
            shpilk

sure I concur why not I'm wit it

all's fair today and forever

hmmmm

Common guys!

cept some people sometimes try to blackball and impugn the character of others here too.

but yeah, free form debate, it's cool, it;s fine, live with it and all that5, outsmart the other guy

yeah sure

check my earlier diary from today and hidden comments. no biggie. part of the riot

thanks CJ

•  You don't even understand that (2+ / 0-)
            shpilk, jhritz

your opponents are men and women of good will who want peace every bit as much as you.  There is near unanimous agreement among those you disagree with that the Palestinians deserve a country and a break, they simply aren't playing your game of demonizing Israel and demanding nothing less than submission.  Feh!

And your strategy is not going to get Democrats elected, but why should you care....

by Eric S on Tue Mar 27, 2007 at 10:21:03 PM PDT

•  That is the real truth. Well said - n/t (1+ / 0-)
              shpilk

Have you read about the Kurds yet?

by jhritz on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 12:20:26 AM PDT

•  Evidence (4+ / 0-)

that I don't understand most people on this site want peace and a Palestinian state, please.
                You seem to enjoy distorting my position.
                Anyway, what are you even talking about?
                I'm talking about being civil and using the TR as objectively as possible. I'm talking about dedicating our time to exchange opinions and enrich ourselves with a profound debate instead of fighting childishly about who TR'd whom and insulting other members with ad-hominem crap.
                You reply by saying I'm trying to demonize Israel.
                Eric, I'm done with this conversation. Have a nice day.
                Shalom

by Chilean Jew on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 06:37:03 PM PDT

•  your persistence... (2+ / 0-)
                  npbeachfun, Diaries

...is most admirable.  it is futile, for the most part, but, the effort is well-intentioned and quite fair.

•  Why are you replying to me? (0+ / 0-)

I said that what he wrote was true, that most people want peace.  Your reply to me speaks of misdirected anger, which seems to validate what he was saying.

As does your participation in shergald's blog that has front page diaries comparing Israel to Nazis...

If that's not demonizing Israel, well...

Anyway, wish you guys (with your backslapping threads and bully boy tactics) would stop trying to pick fights where they're not necessary.

Damn waste of time.

Have you read about the Kurds yet?

by jhritz on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 11:47:25 PM PDT

•  Delusional (1+ / 0-)
                    james risser

Jhritz, I have several questions for you:

Who was talking to you?
                    Are you high?
                    What blog are you talking about?
                    Who's picking a fight and how?
                    Are you high?
                    Peace

by Chilean Jew on Fri Mar 30, 2007 at 04:41:58 PM PDT

•  Before you jump (0+ / 0-)

to conclusions that I'm delusional (and the rest of your ad hominem attack there), you might want to look upthread and see who you replied to and whether you posted out of thread order:

My post:

That is the real truth. Well said - n/t (1+ / 0-)

by jhritz on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 12:20:26 AM PDT

Your response:

* [new] Evidence (4+ / 0-)

You seem to enjoy distorting my position.
                           Anyway, what are you even talking about?
                           You reply by saying I'm trying to demonize Israel.
                          Eric, I'm done with this conversation. Have a nice day.
                           Shalom

by Chilean Jew on Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 06:37:03 PM PDT

You were writing to Eric, no?  I don't think the rest of the thread, with its ad hominems and mutual back slapping, got that, since you had replied to me, not Eric, (now twice) in a pretty rough manner.

That's what I was responding to.

So, not delusional, at all, but maybe delusional to think you might offer an apology for the implying that I am, which is what I would do, if I had made the same error.

Have you read about the Kurds yet?

by jhritz on Fri Mar 30, 2007 at 05:00:59 PM PDT

•  Dude, (0+ / 0-)

I was replying to Eric on that thread. I'm seriously lost on this one. On the last thread I was just playing with you, since I thought you had made an innocent mistake believing I was responding to you when I was actually responding to Eric.
                        I'm sorry if in any way you felt offended (although I still can't comprehend how) but that certainly wasn't my intention. Relax hermano.
                        Shalom