View Diary: From an Angry Soldier (222 comments)

•  I had the same thought (6+ / 0-)

It'a powerful, articulate rant. The points are the same regardless, but the impact does turn on whether this is real or fiction. If it's not fiction, it should be seen or heard by everybody, I would urge the poster to come forward and shed her anonymity. I don't want to deluge the poor woman's mailbox, but maybe the diarist could submit a reply containing a summary of our remarks offering our profound sympathy and our hope that she go truly public with this (expletives deleted, of course)?

Coming Soon -- to an Internet connection near you: Armisticeproject.org

by FischFry on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 10:40:36 AM PDT

•  Yes every one (0+ / 0-)

Should go slap the judge and each juror be for they go to deliberate the case. Remember the terrorist act.

When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered.

by roxnev on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 12:05:02 PM PDT

•  I have to say I didn't understand your comment (1+ / 0-)
        gchaucer2

I recognized the words, but neither the syntax nor the content made much sense. Who is the judge and who is the juror, and who is supposed to be doing the slapping? If this was some sort of snide criticism of my comment (and it's really hard to tell, becuase it does'nt make sense), I'm at a loss. I din't justify anything about the Iraq war. Actually, I urged that some effort be made to contact the poster and suggest she go public,  which would have much more impact and do more good than a rant on Craig's List.

Coming Soon -- to an Internet connection near you: Armisticeproject.org

by FischFry on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 12:37:49 PM PDT

•  Huh? (2+ / 0-)
        sbdenmon, rogerdaddy

Is it cocktail hour already?

"What journalism in America chiefly suffers from today is the lack of alert and competent professional criticism." H.L. Mencken 1927

by gchaucer2 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 01:44:55 PM PDT

•  Well, I suppose somewhere in the world?... (0+ / 0-)

just a silly comment to ease a little tension. Back to the facts...

"We're right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo! And someone's giving booze to these goddamn things"-Hunter S. Thompson

by rogerdaddy on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:14:07 PM PDT

•  You want fiction? (1+ / 0-)
      rogerdaddy

...the impact does turn on whether this is real or fiction.

Whether or not it's "real" has nothing to do with its impact.  I assure you that the sentiments are shared by thousands of people who have lost loved ones for this fraudulent, criminal war.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace." - Jimi Hendrix

by CharlieHipHop on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:05:03 PM PDT