View Diary: From an Angry Soldier (222 comments)

•  I can't help it, and (16+ / 0-)

I am risking getting TR'd but is there any way that this letter can be verified?

First, it is anonymous, there are plenty of vets who have spoken out giving their names -- and I have a fundamental problem with anonymous postings;

Second, the rant doesn't sound like a woman's rant -- and before you correct me, a)I'm a woman, and b)I have several female family members and friends who are in the service.

Third, it doens't feel right to me -- as noted above, the use of "soldiers," speech patterns don't change in 6 months, especially ones that have been drilled in.

And, sorry, but I am a fuddy-duddy who has used the "f" word enough, but I think the use in this posting mars the message. This war is criminal, children are being left without parents, words often can't convey the magnitude of the tragedy.

O.k. blast away.

If she truly is a she and truly is a Marine vet, I apologize.

"What journalism in America chiefly suffers from today is the lack of alert and competent professional criticism." H.L. Mencken 1927

by gchaucer2 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 12:55:10 PM PDT

•  I was thinking (7+ / 0-)

that it wouldnt be hard at all to find out this persons identity if they were real.  Theyve given enough information out there already.

How many marines have died in the past two weeks.  How many of them come from the area of the post.  How many of them were married to another marine who happens to be pregnant.  Plus she also said she hasnt been to the funeral yet so how many marine funerals will there be in this time frame.

Im not going to make a claim whether this sounds real or not, I dont think it makes a difference honestly.  In the end there will be no rallying cry, whether from a greiving mother to a deformed veteran, that will ever get through the body armor of soullessness of the Bush administration to recognize what they have wrought.  Any failure will be blamed on the will of the American people and liberals.

Enough intelligent people have written eloquently why this disaster is what it is and yet the Bush administration happily goes forward.  They honestly do not care for any view that is not their own.  And worse yet, will never care.  The rest of us might as well accept it.

•  No TR for you (11+ / 0-)

This is the kind of honest skepticism we all need to employ when finding anonymous postings on the "tubes".

Especially when we are in agreement with the poster

If Liberals hated America, we'd vote Republican.

by ord avg guy on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 01:12:33 PM PDT

•  see my comment below... (2+ / 0-)
      kurt, gchaucer2

I did research this and only one marine died in March and April in Iraq

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. -James Madison, fourth US president (1751-1836)

by crkrjx on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 01:18:21 PM PDT

•  Thanks, will look below. (0+ / 0-)

by gchaucer2 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 01:29:11 PM PDT

•  Now, if folks could just (0+ / 0-)

jump to the bottom area of this diary where most of the debunking is going on, I'd feel better.  I'm sorry it reached the rec list before the letter was verified.

by gchaucer2 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:02:29 PM PDT

•  Does it matter? (0+ / 0-)

This post could not possibly be any more fraudulent than the reasons given for getting into this goatf***.  It's more true than false.

Not for nothin' but this post reminds me strongly of the way my dad, a Vietnam vet, talks about this war: Shut the f*** up because you don't know jack shit about what's going on over there unless you've been there.

The reality is that people are dying horribly and needlessly while idiots debate whether a post on the Internet is "authentic."

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace." - Jimi Hendrix

by CharlieHipHop on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:02:00 PM PDT

•  What matters is not (2+ / 0-)
        rockhound, Eddie Haskell

using fraudulent messages to make a point.  I believe the Bush administration has already demonstrated the ramifications of that approach.

There are tons of emails, letters and recordings of soldiers and their families' rage.  The difference being, they put their names to them and thus have more authenticity.

I'm sorry, but I have contempt for fakers.

by gchaucer2 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:05:02 PM PDT

•  I'm always skeptical too but, (0+ / 0-)

you say you are a woman, and that you have several women family members and friends in the service and therefore the rant doesn't sound like a woman based on your personal experience. Now, are you also pregnant and just recieved a visit from a couple dweebs that just told you that your baby's father, your husband, is dead a month after he was suppose to be home?
      Try listening to it from that perspective.

The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda

by FireCrow on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:37:37 PM PDT

•  Oy, this is just too much (0+ / 0-)

for me to consider.  Please look below at the credible debunking.

by gchaucer2 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 04:56:20 PM PDT