View Diary: Dollar Still Falling, Nears All-Time Lows (169 comments)

•  I would imagine that... (0+ / 0-)

if the Chinese want this to be their century, this is one of the steps they have to take.

Every day .... will be a "Constitutional crisis" given we have a president who doesn't give a damn about the Constitution. Kos

by billlaurelMD on Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 08:08:15 AM PDT

•  Perhaps we should start learning Mandrin? (0+ / 0-)

I hear China is a rather picturesque country.

Invest in America, Buy a Congressman!

by Lockedupspirit on Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 08:16:42 AM PDT

•  my bosses just went to a conference ... (0+ / 0-)

there for meteorological training.  They said it was very interesting, but that it was also VERY dirty ... he showed pictures of how brown the air was.  I think they have a lot of catching up to do regarding the environment.

by billlaurelMD on Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 08:25:01 AM PDT

•  My Boss lived there for some years (0+ / 0-)

Speaks fluent mandrin (sp?) and hated it there. I asked him if the chinese would ever simply go democratic and he said the corruption was so bad within the government that it simply wouldn't be lurcrative for their top earners.

Invest in America, Buy a Congressman!

by Lockedupspirit on Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 08:29:43 AM PDT

•  think industrial age USA (0+ / 0-)

given some time, they'll leverage their holistic world view with technology and create a sort of balance that the west was never able to achieve with its extreme deterministic world view.

so you think I'm a troll? Well kiss my hairy troll nalgas then

by MetaProphet on Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 09:39:17 PM PDT

•  people should learn mandarin anyway... (0+ / 0-)
        but if your thinking of moving there, you should visit first.  It's not all idyllic.  At least in this country you can say what you want.

Go over there and just try it like I did in my summer program when I challenged their view of Taiwan.  I thought I was gonna be locked up for sure.  Very scary.  You don't realize how alive our first amendment rights really are here until you travel to someplace like Singapore or the PRC.

so you think I'm a troll? Well kiss my hairy troll nalgas then