View Diary: IMPEACH: The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves... (235 comments)

•  I'm not 'attacking' anything. (0+ / 0-)

Reread again what I wrote, but pretend it's not me who wrote it.

Ultimately I am suggesting you use your vast audience (by dkos standards, anyway), to advance your cause with measurable action. This lack of actionable steps to take, of ways to actually get the process moving, is at the crux of most of the impeachment diaries that have made the rec list since last fall. This has what made them frustrate me. Saying we are 'causing a groundswell' is nearly meaningless within the confines of this community, which is pretty much on board for any way possible to oust Bush.

If the blogosphere is a cog in this machine, it has to be more than pictures and rallying words. Especially at this late date. Don't worry about what you perceive to be 'detractors' or 'my ilk'. Enough time has been wasted trying to bully folks into one opinion or another. Trust me, with action plans made easy, everyone would help out even if they think it's a lost cause.

If I could think of a plan, if I had your audience, you bet I would do it. However it seems like a exercise in futility to me with the time frame remaining, and I don't know how it can be pushed along other than writing/calling reps. But you think I am wrong. Prove it to me. These action diaries you speak of? They are overdue.

by ablington on Sun May 13, 2007 at 07:43:18 PM PDT

•  first (1+ / 0-)
      kestrel9000

how can I pretend it is not you when you are one of the class of commenters here that is most disturbing...and destructive? All your ilk does is hang out and look for things to complain about and tear folks down. Why?

Do you think it is easy to be 'popular' here and have a regular crew of people who exist only to try to tear down your self esteem motivation and purpose?

why do you do that? what purpose does it serve except to engorge YOUR ego while destroying someone else's? You folks are VERY good at destroying people you have it down to an art form.....it is hard to overcome. But....why destroy instead of help build?

What is the function? what is the point?

I try to build something and their are three or four people trying to tear it down. Why?

Second....check my history as far as action diaries. I just moved, I have a new PC with none of my old stuff....I have a life. I am NOT together right now, between the preparations and the move and the aftermath...especially the effect it has had on my broken body. But you don't give a shit about that...you had an opportunity to criticize what someone else was doing and how could you resist?

The action diaries WILL come.....and THEY will be torn down on some other pretense by you and your ilk. It is what your class of commenter does...attack and destroy any weakness you can find while sitting safely on the sidelines keeping out of any meaningful actions. Have you supported any of my past action diaries? No you only emerge to destroy. And it works...it is exhausting.

But I should be strong enough to ignore that.....even though it takes NO strength to merely snipe at someones work.

Third I do not write for your benefit or any of the 'regulars' really, they have heard it all and seen it all before. GOTV, comes into every diary just to tell me I'm full of shit...for saying the same thing "Bush is bad, we know that" Great....then why do YOU guys keep saying the same thing over and over? I write for the 500,00 visits a day who DON"T know everything, who came here to learn as I first did. Who NEED to hear that there are others who think Bush is bad to, that they are not alone in their DESPAIR....the very despair you prey upon. These people NEED to learn why and how and what to do about it...and they change all the time, new ones come who don't know what yoou and GOTV and others know....but THOSE people don't matter to you. We NEED them to win....but if it bores you to hear something twice....EVEN THOUGH NO ONE MAKES YOU READ IT...you cannot allow it and must tear it down, find ANY imperfection and use it to RIP it down.

But you guys don't care about that....to you the little world of Dkos is everything. You don't even consider the effects this blog has on the media and the people who DON"T spend there time hanging out here looking for weaknesses so you can get off on attacking and destroying any imperfection your extremely practiced eyes can find. Fuck anyone who might be trying to accomplish anything, or learn anything or help somehow...the most important thing is that you have caught someone in a mistake or a lack of three action links. Time to attack. Fuck the fact that rallying people and building the spirit of rebellion or resistance to the oppression of Bushco might be valuable to the world at large....I didn't include an action link THIS time. Better see how much you can tear my ego down and hurt me personally. That is the REAL goal right?

If its not action links it is that we don't have the votes, or my sentences don't have clauses or there are too many pictures or some other bullshit excuse to get your rocks off by finding anything you can criticize and pounce on it.....again....why?

How does this help the cause of freedom or justice or even getting dems elected....what is the point of your class's behavior?

It is cruel and vicious and pointless, yet you all REVEL in it and pat each other on the back.....WE destroyed someone else today haha Yay for us!!!

As to a plan...here it is.

I have limited mobility, I have very limited resources....the one thing I can do is write here and try to spur people on....and MOST of the time include some action item. That is part one of the plan ....Do What I Can To Help.

But that is not good enough for you, if I am not perfect I must be attacked.

Part two...Get some kind of movement and momentum going. Build some groundswell here so Pelosi gets a hundred e-mails at once instead of two. Of course, The more I try to build momentum, the more of your class....let's call you the Snipers....appears to try to derail that. It exactly corresponds...the more people get on the same page and get momentum rolling toward a unification of purpose....the more the snipers resent it and the harder they attack and in greater numbers. OPOL got the whole Gang of Snipers out, why????

Because he was effective in moving and motivating people....and you guys just WILL NOT allow that! ANYONE who successfully motivates people....action items or no...is Sniped. Again Why?

Now....next week when I say let's e-mail Pelosi and tell her to put Impeach back on the table when Bush vetoes, what will happen?

The Sipers will attack me ....not for not suggesting action, they will attack me because I am criticizing a democrat.

Here's a clue for you.....your  attacks work, they are hurtful and FUCKING EXHAUSTING and VERY difficult to "ignore"  No matter how thick the skin is...there is still a heart behind it.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY NO ACTIONS BORN HERE SUCCEED BEYOND ONE OR TWO DIARIES.

The Snipers

Who are VERY good at what they do....destroy peoples will and spirit.

And yet you guys have the guts to tell me I am not effective or am just 'masturbating,' not surprisingly it is one of the favorite criticisms....and yet all of this comes from the people who DON'T do anything.

Just snipe....as if that was somehow a valid and valuable contribution.

You want an audience?

WORK for it!

Be NICE to people, uplift them and make them feel good about themselves....learn how to motivate them and uplift them and inspire them to action....and HONE YOUR WRITING as I have done. But if you do....guess what? The Snipers will come and try to undo everything you have done...and they will, because it is ALWAYS easier to destroy. ALWAYS.....and yet you treat it as an accomplishment.

And then offer me advice on how to be effective.

It is maddening.....and if their wasn't a madman trying to burn down the world I would have let you win and given up long ago....as is your plan...as you SNIPERS have done to so many....just since I have been here.

So please excuse me if I DON'T pretend it is not you. And please forgive me if I don't believe your motives are suddenly pure.

And if thusly, I don't take your advice....as I find you and your class to be petty and destructive And SELFISH...in so far as putting your need and desire to snipe at people above the good that could be done here to truly ORGANIZE something meaningful and creative and effective to change the world.

You want a plan? Here it is....I will continue to do the best I can.... IN SPITE of you and the others. I will accomplish what I can in the face of your meaningless and cruel and petty sniping to help and change the world as best I can.

I will take as much shit as my spirit and body can stand while trying to do SOMETHING to help. From you.

And if that is not good enough...if my skin isn't thick enough (for those that never expose their OWN skin)if my links or grammar are not sufficient for you.... well that is GOOD for you right? Just more to criticize, more fun to have, more caring people to destroy....and FUCK the rest of the world and anyone who might benefit from my small efforts....you got your jollies....and destroyed someone else.

So pat yourself on the back....you penetrated my skin. You and your fellow sniper AAB have discouraged me again...you have succeeded in setting me back again stopping my momentum and getting me to whine.....Congrats! George has temporarily lost one more opponent while I regroup. Good work!!!

I'll still try, but I was foolish and weak to try while my body still hurts and I am tired and vulnerable after moving, so, you win! My part in the time sensitive mission of impeachment will be delayed til I recover. It worked!...I am weaker of spirit due to your negativity...Hooray for you! Another victory over someone who was trying to accomplish something! You proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am human and have weaknesses....It's Miller time!

Enjoy it.

I just have one question...what's in it for you? what have you accomplished.....and WHY?
      And no, I don't expect an answer....your work is done.

/whine

•  Holy shit. (0+ / 0-)
        Yeah, I'm not exactly the one attacking here.

You misunderstand me completely.

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 06:10:45 AM PDT

•  that rings hollow (0+ / 0-)

especially considering your association and support of the head sniper in the past, and your past comments.

I know it's not a conspiracy, just a loose confederation of destruction.

I still wanna know why you folks main purpose here seems to be tearing other peoples hard work that they believe dearly in to shreds...is it just.....sport?

•  But, see...I'm not doing that. (0+ / 0-)

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 07:15:28 AM PDT

•  What ARE you doing? (0+ / 0-)

Why should I give you the benefit of the doubt this time? Especially after all the times you have attacked...and worse enabled the attacks of the biggest bullies and snipers here?

I am suddenly to believe you have my best interests at heart? That you have changed your ways from the culture of destruction?

You are telling me I am inadequate, that my work is not up to your mythical standards....that I suck. What is the difference this time? your pack of baying hounds isn't with you?

I will do what I will do. I don't need your advice...JUST YOU SILENCE. All I askk is that the snipers don't attack every godammed thing I try to build here so we can get some momentum going toward ending the war and unseating a tyrant.

But that is not important to the snipers, all that matters to you are the precious rules of Daily kos and the fact that you have the power to tear down others.

You are not one of the major players, true, but your enabling and participation in the culture of destruction is why it continues. Change your ways....attack the DESTRUCTION instaed of those who try to rally the troops and move towards UNITY OF PURPOSE here, so that we can organize the vast potential here and USE it for good works.

I say again....YOU AND YOUR ILK ARE VERY EFFECTIVE.

What you do WORKS.

I have watched you all destroy through petty sniping every action movement or movement to build unity of purpose that dares raise its head here.

Pure selfishness.

Pure ego

stop it. encourage others to stop it.

You rail at me for lack of action.....it is PRECISELY the snipewrs actions that PREVENT it.

I say again WHY?

What does it gain anyone?

Why continue it? Why not lend your voice in help? Not to me here, with your advice (the action diary is on its second draft, fyi) but by NOT sniping and by calling others on it when they do?

I will believe you, when I see something other than the participation and enabling the sniping....til then you have earned no respect from me that allows me to listen to you with anything other than a jaundiced an weary eye.

There.

no you can snipe at my mixed metaphor.

Take your own advice, if you want to help.....use ACTION. Not words of 'advice' to me.....you and your kind have poisoned this well.

•  It's obvious that any constructive criticism (0+ / 0-)

to achieve a common goal won't be absorbed, and that you have constructed some sort of fantasy about who I am vis a vis my online persona. I'm just going to ignore all the charges leveled at my personality or motives for posting here.

Again...all I am saying is that you and others have an opportunity to advance this cause beyond the picture book rally. You have a vast audience and some ideas to make it happen, and there's not much time left to make it real.

I don't think it can be done in time. Make the Doubting Thomases like me eat their words.

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 08:56:27 AM PDT

•  All we have here is our reputations (0+ / 0-)

I suggest you look to yours.

Your enabling, at the VERY least, of the snipers dictates my treatment of you. If I am popular here, it is because I try to help....not enable destruction and then expect to be well received when suddenly the vitriolic sarcastic "criticism" (bullying) is painted as "constructive."

Your kind are the minority here, and you are generally despised....but since it is the GOOD people here who despise you, they say nothing, because they want to contribute to the POSITIVE dialog, and calling your kind out has the opposite effect.

You are not DOUBTING Thomas's, you are DESTRUCTIVE Thomas's, the problem, not the solution to unity of purpose. Look to your reputation and your actions and reduce the damage and the minority by one...change your tack and repudiate your companions in carnage, instead of enabling them. Do the right thing.....not through last minute advice to do what I was doing anyway, but by your actions.

I wish you luck.

•  BD, this is pretty crazy stuff. (0+ / 0-)

You've managed to morph the value of how we go about dealing with impeachment and the quality of our diaries regarding it, to something akin to Good (you) vs. Evil (me). I guess this was your intention. Honestly, its a little weird.

I'll give my criticism about the topic at hand one more time, even more condensed: The picture book impeachment diaries have bothered me because they have traditionally lacked actionable items, and we are running out of time. I feel that those passionate about it and who also have a vast audience do themselves and their cause a disservice by not including actionable items at the very least.

If you reread this whole thread, you'll see that I am in fact not dripping with sarcasm.

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 09:29:17 AM PDT

•  Not NOW (0+ / 0-)

in the past......mainly as DH's henchman and enabler, but on your own as well. As I say you are a minor player, you are receiving my scorn better directed at him, but he won't show his face in impeachment diaries anymore for fear of getting exposed as the destructive force he was when it WAS time to do it....when he and you and the others sucked all the life out of the movement. And now you bemoan the lateness of the hour.

Oy

As I say I have a LONG history of calling for action....but action requires inspiration. And if that comes in the form of pictures.....Big Fucking Deal! Is that a valid excuse for attacking an important effort? Please. Pictures??? Give me a break. THAT is what stops you from supporting unseating a tyrant?

How petty! You all destroy for destructions sake and then revel in the failure of what you have destroyed. Your CLASS of Kossak does this, it is what they live for seemingly. What was the last positive contribution of the gang of haters made? they exist to destroy ...and you gleefully join in. Pardon me if I don't hug you.

I don't claim to be "good" though I do aspire to it....but if you stop others from doing good as you have by enabling and joining the VERY EFFECTIVE snipers who kill every action movement here what doe that make you?

And now you say it is too late

Oy.

I am done here....I'll go finish my previously planned ACTION diary now. Wht don't you come into it and use your effective sarcasm against the OPPONENTS of ridding the world of King George?

THAT would impress me!

•  BD, this is seriously nuts. (0+ / 0-)

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 09:54:09 AM PDT

•  yeah (0+ / 0-)

and working to scorn impechment because of PICTURES is sane.

As I said, I have a lot of scorn for those who chose to derail impeachment, which I view as VITAL for the future....into a flame war, and thus turn the masses who would have supported it THEN, off. It broke my heart and wounded my spirit to see a movement that could have chnged things destroyed by pettiness and flame wars, so I have plenty of anger left....and you are receiving it...My apologies for the portions that are undeserved....by you. But your rep IS as one of the baying hounds of destruction...in case you were unaware of what your fun has garnered you. You guys think you are heroes for the destruction you caused...but believe me MOST folks here view the "critics" as a cancer here.

As I said, look to your rep and choose your friends more wisely.

•  Still nuts. Truly. (0+ / 0-)

I barely even know what you're talking about at this point. You have fundamentally misunderstood all my posts if you think I am 'working to scorn impeachment because of pictures'.

What do you mean, 'my rep'? Barney Frank would vote for impeachment in a heartbeat. Again, I don't get this at all. As far as I can tell, a movement to impeach is very much alive and growing.

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 10:14:44 AM PDT

•  Your reputation (0+ / 0-)

Is as one of the people who attack.

One of the pack of people who's main contribution is sniping at others to "keep the site safe"

The impeachment movement would be in full bloom now not just growing...if DH and the gang hadn't attacked every impeachment diary....and went after OPOL hammer and tongs. The flame war that resulted from the incessant attacks on OPOL is what sucked all the life out of impeachment here. You are enabler of the pack and often a willing participant in destruction....which you just consider 'having fun'...not realizing the damage you all do to real peoples real feelings by denigrating the things they hold dear so...effectively. Your "snark" is felt bu the target as a soul sucking attack that makes participation and meaningful work...just painful.

Do you know what it feels like to have five or ten people in a diary tell you ....in the nastiest....BUT FUNNY! way possible that what you are sticking your neck out for and working your ass of for is like?

It hurts. It is dispiriting...it destroys momentum and effectiveness.

Do you understand now?

People work hard to create and build momentum and unity of purpose. To actually DO something ....and you snipers come in and destroy it with ridicule in just a few sentences.

Because you don't like pictures...or the diarist is like George Bush...or anything you can pounce on to criticize... and again you all have the snark down to a destructive science. It works.

You set out to ridicule and end up destroying peoples spirit and confidence...through "criticism"

And if someone fires back ....they are a troll...they need a thicker skin...they are whiners or martyrs. It starts a flame war...and all the decent people who COULD have been part of a movement flee for the hills. Your kind sets out to ridicule and destroy diarists, right? You don't like pics or grammar...so you use your well honed skills to attack...in a pack....one poor diarist.

To many of you...it is the reason you come here...to "have fun."

And It Works.

It sucks the life and momentum out of people and movements...all so you can get your jollies. It destroys desire to participate in changing things....if that means having to wade through crap and fights. Good people FLEE from that shit....yet you guys persit in perpetuating it like you were heroes for 'defending the site from trolls.'

As I say, you don't have to support a movement....but why do you seek to destroy it....over PICTURES? or whatever the BS du jour is.

I can't explain it better, of course those who engage in destructive behavior rarely see it as such. It is accepted and applauded as part of the culture here.

Understand?

If not I give up.

•  I see only one destructive voice in this exchange (0+ / 0-)

and it's not mine. It was only a few minutes ago that I remembered that you are the guy who was getting into those ridiculous, weirdly stalky fights with DHinMI back in the Winter, and now I see how this is coloring the thread. Makes more sense now, and I understand now that in your mind I am being lumped into some sort of group that is somehow damaging the impeachment movement (despite the fact that it's alive and growing, written about by front pagers, Kagro & McJoan, etc).

So you've pegged me as some sort of Godzilla destroyer of Good Faith. I have an ilk (who knew?) and an agenda. Actually, I have thought all along that impeachment is out of reach simply because of the timeframe (combing through my gazillions of comments and the 5 or 6 in your own diaries will bear this out), and again, THIS is the crux for my criticism which I have expressed no fewer than 5 or 6 times since the beginning of our exchange.

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 12:25:22 PM PDT

•  I stalked him??? (0+ / 0-)

LOL

As I said he came into EVERY impeach diary to trash it and insult, bully and belittle the author....as is his style. As is apparently his joy....he calls it 'criticism.' But when I criticized him back, he squeeled like a stuck pig at my temerity. This bullying is what support you and supported and encouraged...one of the pack. Your rep on the blog.

Funny, you don't even remember the damage you guys did...just another day at the office for you, crushing peoples hopes so you can get a cheap laugh.... that you claim to support the cause that you were attacking and helped to cripple just makes it all the funnier.

Question?

Am I being more destructive here than you guys were then?

•  'Us guys'? (0+ / 0-)

I don't recall anyone squealing like stuck pigs at anyone's temerity.

I see that my criticisms here will be forever obscured with your feelings towards DH and whatever collusion-in-snark you think we have, and my own obvious villain-like tendencies for crushing people's dreams via criticizing Impeachment Diaries, which Ive done maybe 5 times.

Or, in other words, totally fucking bonkers.

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 01:17:53 PM PDT

•  yes (0+ / 0-)

your actions and support of his will forever color my opinion of you....actions have consequences. Especially on important issues....but to 'you guys' there are no important issues...it's all about playing the Dkos game, thats all.....and seeing who you can casually crush today.

The fact that you didn't even know you were doing it just makes it sadder.

•  You really cant take criticism, can you? (0+ / 0-)

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 01:32:08 PM PDT

•  what criticism (0+ / 0-)

that I don't write action diaries???

I WON"T take unjust criticism...from people who don't do anything but criticize others....no.

Would you?

•  ok there is your action diary (0+ / 0-)

there will be another one tomorrow.....what's next?

What am I doing wrong now?

And I ask YOU again....What are YOU doing?

What contribution are you making that gives you the right to criticize ANYONE? That gives you the right to tell me what I should do?

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

Make a contribution or stay out of my face. When you do something besides snipe I will consider listening to you.

You don't have a plan, you can't write diaries...and yet somehow you have the nerve to tell me what I am doing wrong....while you sit on the sidelines and do nothing but snipe...and support the most corrosive and destructive people on this blog.

If you don't like THAT....then I guess it is YOU who can't take criticism.

If you find that destructive....them welcome to the realities of Karma, you have just reaped what you have sewn through your merry sniping and jocular destruction of others.

Put up or shut up.

Goodbye.

•  Holy fucking Christ. (0+ / 0-)

You're unbelievable.

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 05:37:28 PM PDT

•  yup (0+ / 0-)

I can see how you would say that.

The sense of entitlement and unearned superiority you folks have is EXACTLY the opposite of who and what I am....so I can easily understand how understanding who I am and where I come from and what I try to do is, for you....unbelievable.

Blessings upon you and yours, may you prosper and thrive.

Goodbye

•  Its almost like I dont even need to be here (0+ / 0-)

for this conversation. I cant believe you are going to walk away lumping me in with a "you people" with a rock solid analysis of my evil personality, after all these posts I made. But I guess you need to have this enemy for some reason.

Seriously, BH. It's pretty over the top.

by ablington on Mon May 14, 2007 at 06:10:43 PM PDT

•  jeez wadda ya want from me? (0+ / 0-)

Absolution? Forgiveness?

Beyond my power and not my job, sorry.

The best I can do is friendship...and you haven't come close to earning that.

As I say far far above....actions are all that count.

Help me build, repudiate those who destroy, then we'll talk again.

•  And btwnever doubt that the enemy exists (0+ / 0-)

within each of us....within me as well.

Eternal Vigilance

All it takes is for good people to....etc.

Actions.

Now I am approaching sanctimony!!!

Crap!