View Diary: Body armor about to hit the fan - Part I (Updated w/NBC info) (209 comments)

•  Earth calling OH!! (1+ / 0-)
    occams hatchet

Actually LoE calling OH.  I sent you an e-mail a few days back (about Friday Night at the...), and with no reply jumped into an unrelated thread to direct you to the e-mail.  Still waiting for a reply...

"Every single Democratic candidate is immeasurably better than what we have in the White House now." - Sen. Joe Biden paraphrased

by Land of Enchantment on Thu May 17, 2007 at 06:52:37 PM PDT

•  Geez, sorry, LOE - (0+ / 0-)

I stuck my reply to you in my "Drafts" folder by mistake; look for it in your Inbox.

D'oh!

As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. - Justice William O. Douglas

by occams hatchet on Fri May 18, 2007 at 12:27:36 AM PDT

•  My bad. (1+ / 0-)
        occams hatchet

Neglected to look in your "Drafts" folder.  What was I thinking?

by Land of Enchantment on Fri May 18, 2007 at 08:10:31 AM PDT

•  It's those damn Internets! (0+ / 0-)

All the tubes and trucks get me so confused!!

Great diary, BTW. Great. I hope it helped you deal with your friend's passing.

by occams hatchet on Sat May 19, 2007 at 07:14:04 AM PDT

•  Thinking about him this morning, too. (1+ / 0-)
            occams hatchet

The neighbors goats have been sticking their heads through the fence (field wire on top of 4 barbed wire strands) and munching on the June berry shrubs - really doing some damage.  So I added another layer - chicken wire this time - to keep their little noses out!

So, of course, I thought of my friend.  Because 10 years ago, he was managing a property that had a forest fire come through.  Talk about bad luck!  That little vacation cabin burned to the ground.  But the outhouse was untouched - the flames just missed it.  Sheesh!!

The fire killed all the junipers.  And we cut and loaded a couple truckloads of 'em.  Those are my fence posts - the very ones I was affixing the chicken wire to.  It's good to have those kinds of reminders and memories, I guess.  And I can promise you, I never got so sentimental about the fence posts while he was still alive!  So I was laughing at myself a little, too.

by Land of Enchantment on Sat May 19, 2007 at 09:47:13 AM PDT

•  I got a warm feeling from (0+ / 0-)

that story, LOE. I'm betting some of your friend's spirit is in those posts, and that he was laughing at your sentimentality, right along with you.

Take care.

• Republicans (26)
  • Media (25)
  • Civil Rights (24)
  • Barack Obama (24)
  • Education (22)
  • Law (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Economy (19)
  • Congress (17)
  • Labor (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site