View Diary: Cindy, don't let the door hit you on the way out (217 comments)

•  what is the reality that needs to be gotten (0+ / 0-)

a better grip on?

"Computer. End holographic program...Computer? Computer?"

by kredwyn on Tue May 29, 2007 at 06:26:11 AM PDT

•  The reality that ... (3+ / 0-)
      corvo, hypersphere01, pkbarbiedoll

she has said "bye", "I retire"... and the diarist and some others just can't simply let it be.

Oh did ya hear?  Clinton got a bj in the Oval Office?

Perhaps we should continue beating that to death as well.

I'm sick of America being covered by conservative crap

by emsprater on Tue May 29, 2007 at 06:46:48 AM PDT

•  She left? (1+ / 0-)
        steve davis

Never noticed.

And that never noticed, coming from a supporter of her during Camp Casey and the arrests at the WHouse/SOTU, is probably part of the frustration that the diarist is venting a la wasted opportunities.

"Computer. End holographic program...Computer? Computer?"

by kredwyn on Tue May 29, 2007 at 06:50:02 AM PDT

•  The only "wasted opportunities" ... (2+ / 0-)
          corvo, hypersphere01

that you should be commenting on are your own, not those of others, ecepcailly not of a person not elected to any office.

Cindy has done what she felt she could accomplish.  Folks who can't let it go to the point of openly criticizing her at every opportunity are the real opportunists and "attention whores".

I'm sick of America being covered by conservative crap

by emsprater on Tue May 29, 2007 at 07:11:43 AM PDT

•  nice personal attack there... (0+ / 0-)

From Cindy's diary:

The first conclusion is that I was the darling of the so-called left as long as I limited my protests to George Bush and the Republican Party.

She was feeling "limited" by protesting POTUS and the GOP?

So I'm not allowed to comment on possible wasted opportunities within the larger anti-Iraq War protest movement because the protestors aren't elected to office?

"Computer. End holographic program...Computer? Computer?"

by kredwyn on Tue May 29, 2007 at 07:42:55 AM PDT

•  No personal attack .... (2+ / 0-)
              corvo, jimreyn

unless you were actually calling Cindy an "opportunist" when you commented upthread that "Cindy had used Casey".  Was that your real intent?

Yep, folks can continue on any rant they damn well please within the site guidelines.

The rest of us can make our own determination as to the motives of same folks, especially in a case such as this when instead of a quiet, dignified "thanks for all you've done", there is a continual verbal dressing down of a person who has already thrown in the towel and left the rest of the work to "good progressives" who seem to know so much more about how to accomplish things.

I don't care for everthing that has occured around Cindy, but I'm certainly not going to use her farewell as an opportunity to bash her like some of you "good folks" are.

I'm done.  Go do something you actually enjoy more than dissing a person who gave her all to what she believed in.

I'm sick of America being covered by conservative crap

by emsprater on Tue May 29, 2007 at 08:05:06 AM PDT

•  The condescension is unnecessary... (0+ / 0-)

especially when you haven't a clue with regards to what I have and have not accomplished "for the cause."

Am I a professor of rhetoric with a full awareness that whether or not it's "used" in your connotation of the word, the emotional appeal of grief is very real when it comes to trying to effect some sort of change? Yes.

Do I think she started out as an opportunist? No.

Do I think that she tried to broker that momentum into something else later on (ie. Chavez and the like)? I'm not sure...and that makes me cynical.

That line I quoted above tells me that she was feeling "limited" and wanted to follow different tangents with regards to her protesting. And it suggests that she is now willing to use her credibility (as Casey's Mom and POTUS challenger???) for other things.

Does this make her an opportunist? Or does it make her human, as the starkness of the grief fades to a constant numbness, to want to move forward with her life?

"Computer. End holographic program...Computer? Computer?"

by kredwyn on Tue May 29, 2007 at 08:17:03 AM PDT