View Diary: "Mix my blood with the blood of the unborn" (244 comments)

•  Moiv, (29+ / 0-)

you are simply unparalleled when it comes to reproductive issues and abortion rights.  A comment or diary with your "name" is worth clicking on every time.

These people are, indeed, scarier than anything to come down the pike in a long time.

They are fetishists of the worst sort.  They are terrorists with a common fetish for female genitalia and reproductive physiology, all wrapped up in Christian Fascist zeal.

It's all fun and games until the Vice President shoots someone in the face.

by lightiris on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 05:50:38 PM PDT

•  It's terrific that you (15+ / 0-)

and a small number of others are keeping track of these dangerous nuts, too, Moiv. We certainly cannot trust the current religious-fanatic-dominated Department of Justice to do so.
      I remember during the anthrax mailings, representatives of the only previous victims of purported anthrax mail attacks offered the benefit of their experience to Attorney General John "Anointed with Crisco Oil" Ashcroft. He turned them down, because they were abortion providers.

•  Ditto. Moiv, you ARE unparalleled ... (24+ / 0-)

...in analyzing these issues, and eloquent about it, too. We in the pro-choice movement owe you big time for covering the issue with comprehensiveness and the hard-nosed approach that it demands.

Thank you.

•  Please don't compare them (7+ / 0-)

ti the fetish folk. WE only play within negotiated limits with consenting partners, and we stop if a sae word is used.  These guys are cold-blooded murderers and their enablers and cheerleaders. And I bet msot of the "we just pray" crowd  gives a silent hurray every time a clinic blows.

As a kin ky sub, I don't want to be comapred to these people.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:08:58 PM PDT

•  Please, (4+ / 0-)

let's not get into a semantic disagreement over the use of the clinical term "fetish."  It's distracting and unnecessary.

It's all fun and games until the Vice President shoots someone in the face.

by lightiris on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:12:41 PM PDT

•  Maybe to you it's unnecessary (4+ / 0-)

but to people who risk being arrested--just as gays did pre-Lawrence--for what they do in their homes or at a club, it is VERY necessary.

Don't trash us by comparing us to the ANti-Chocie types.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:30:30 PM PDT

•  Ugh. (4+ / 0-)
            mrblifil, LivesInAShoe, debedb, megaera

I knew it.  I'm talking CLINICAL fetishism, which is real and destructive.  Don't over-identify.  You don't own the word--it has real clinical meaning and significance.  I'm not talking about arbitrary arrest, I'm not talking about toys or clubs, I'm talking about the fetishism of REAL fucking mental illness.  If you don't like that the term has clinical relevance, that's a different diary and discussion.

My point is sound, and I stand by it.  I'm sorry.

It's all fun and games until the Vice President shoots someone in the face.

by lightiris on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:35:54 PM PDT

•  Well,until very fucking recently (2+ / 0-)
              debedb, mamamedusa

it was considered a paraphilia and a mental illness.

And I DO know the differnce--but msot peopel don't, and view them as the same thing.

But your snide attitude toward us is precisely the problem.  Your reply reeks of condescension and enlightening the poor little subbie who knows nothing.  Well, I have two graduate degrees, and I know exactly what you're saying

Especially HERE:

Ugh.

I knew it.

If you can't smell the stink of prejudice and condescension there, you need an ENT.

THIS sub  is only a bedroom sub.  I have fought the Religious Right and the Anti-Choice types since pre-Roe, when I was in Catholic high school. I have worked with rape victims and done clinic escort with them.  I have marched, and I have written enough letters to break several keyboards in the last five years. I have been a feminist since I was 14, which was way back in 1963. And I will match my credentials against anyone's here.  My first diary here was on abortion.

What I am protesting is that your use of the term stigmatizes a group which doesn't deserve it (I think I have met ONE anti-choice kinkster)--the same way rseven gets tired of hearing Ann Coulter vilified as a transgendered person.

YOU don't own the word either--and your disgust at my being a big-mouthed feminist pro-choice SUB says a LOT about you (and not much at all about me).

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:54:08 PM PDT

•  Oh, save it. (5+ / 0-)

You're fighting with your own.  You know nothing about me, and your insinuation that I'm somehow not a feminist is laughable.  I'll could go toe-to-toe with you any day of the week, but that would be childish, don't you think?  What are you gonna do, beat me up behind the gym for using a clinical term you don't like?

You've made an ass of yourself.  Calm down.  I never claimed to own the word--you ascribed that to me.  Don't be so quick to create me in the image of your straw man. There is no "stink of prejudice or condescension" here that you haven't created all on your own.  Your "us" and "them" routine is counterproductive and distracting, too.  I'm out.  Moiv deserves better than to have you hijack this diary with your own semantic issues.

It's all fun and games until the Vice President shoots someone in the face.

by lightiris on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 07:07:23 PM PDT

•  No. YOU Have made an ass of yoiruself (0+ / 0-)

when you said, "Ugh. I knew it."

ANd if you actually reread yoru comemnnts, you;'d see the condescnesion. You ASSumed that I didn't know that there is a differnce between the clinical term and the kink uyse of it,. You made that rather disgusting comemnt I quoited.  I think I know condescension when I se eit,.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 08:03:06 PM PDT

•  No one said you weren't a feminist. (0+ / 0-)

Patently,you are.  What you are is a bigot.Your "Ugh. I knew it" response indicated that you thought I wasn't because my bedroom games are different from yours. And if those fours words aren't condescending and snotty as hell--I don't know what is.  Own your own disgust at this.

I wasn't hijacking the diary.  I am firmly on moiv's side.  Abortion is one of the three topics I write about frequently--the other two are the Religious Right and military wifedom--and I am consistently pro-choice.

Asking you politely not to link alternative lifestyles with  anti-chocie types wasn't a hijack. IUt would have ended there if you'd had the courtesy to apologize--but instead, you proceeded to lecture silly, stupid, semi-literate (in your eyes) moi with the fact that there is a clinical definition--and MOI has a double master's and a Phi Beta Kappa key and is quite aware of BOTH definitions.   In other words, you carried on with the the Ugh./ I Knew it" attitude, which you are displaying here. Youa re no different than the little boys who think it's cute to call Anne Coulter transgendered--as if that was the worst thing they could think of, thus revealing their own bigotry and discomfort with TG people, just as you revealed your disdain and discomfort with a feminist who is into kink.

There was no diary hijack except in YOUR head.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 09:51:01 AM PDT

•  i know this for a fact (12+ / 0-)

back in my days as an evangelical, there was public condemnation for what these people were doing, but a definite undercurrent of gratitude for the bluntness in which the message was delivered (i.e. blowing up clinics).  like, "we would never do that, but thank god someone is taking a stand..." sort of a thing.

pensacola is an interesting town - i almost went there to attend the school of revival that was going on at brownsville a/g (now defunct).  in the numerous "pilgrimages" i made down there, there was definitely a spiritual agreement with those who were willing to murder the "murderers" and intercession was given on their behalf on a regular basis.  even then it made me sick and eventually led to me leaving that crazy religion altogether.

-9.38/-8.26 "The best leaders...are not interested in having their own way but in finding the best way." -Wilfred Peterson

by cats in the curry on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:24:42 PM PDT