View Diary: Status Report of the Ontario Coal Phase Out. (194 comments)

•  actually (0+ / 0-)

i only tr'd nadir once, that i recall, on that day. and how interesting that the only diarist you comment on is one of the least popular, and least visible. but he does talk about nukes.

© 2007 "one must pay back from this secret deposit of exquisite moments" - virginia woolf

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Jun 23, 2007 at 08:53:33 AM PDT

•  yes (0+ / 0-)

because I'm interested in nuclear energy and because I enjoy NNadir's prose on the subject. I converse in many spaces online, this is just one of them. I guess if you want to call NNadir the least popular and least visible on this site, fine, doesn't negate the fact his typical diary has 100+ comments, among them jerome a paris, adam siegel, engineer poet, etc., and apparently you also feel inclined to chime in on nearly every diary. Additionally, a number of nuclear professionals enliven and enrich these pages. It's quite a happening spot for pronuclear activists on the internet.

Anyway, I find the charge of 'sock puppet' interesting. I used my real name on this site previously (also to comment on NNadir's diaries) but decided I wanted an intermediate step between my real name and my comments. If you care, my real name, contact info, and many details about my life can be found here / here.

I plan to start my own nuclear energy diary on this site soon; the first entry will concern the intent of NRG/STNP to apply for a COL license at a meeting NRC is holding in Bay City next Wednesday.

"The answer to fear cannot always lie in the dissipation of the causes of fear; sometimes it lies in courage."

by woolie on Sat Jun 23, 2007 at 02:46:36 PM PDT

•  how very interesting (0+ / 0-)

that the leading left wing political blog should increasingly be spammed by pro-nuclear activists who have no apparent other interest in the site's declared purpose.

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Jun 23, 2007 at 11:52:26 PM PDT

•  Unless the site's declared purpose ... (0+ / 0-)

is "willful ignorance," then I would think that the online community here would be pleased and grateful that people take time to stop by and share information on a topic on which they are quite knowledgeable.

But then again, since you are someone who has actually posted a poll with only one choice, I can see that you are a person who is not used to debate and dissenting opinions. It has been my displeasure to have met many people like you, who would rather sit in a room with others who agree with them -- all nodding their heads "yes" and reciting the same dogma -- than go outside to discover an opposing view or try to learn anything new.

Fortunately, although you seem to take it upon yourself to speak for this entire site, I don't think that everyone here is as close-minded as you. So if you do not like what is being discussed here, I suggest that you return to whatever little corner of blogspace that you came out of. At least everyone agrees with you there, so you should be happy.

•  wow (0+ / 0-)

you're clearly too clueless to even understand the way this site works. that little diary actually made the recommended list for its playfulness. that playful little diary was better received by this community than anything the "popular" diarist nnadir has written. i will simply let the site know what you all are up to, and the community can decide how best to deal with you.

by Laurence Lewis on Sun Jun 24, 2007 at 11:22:59 AM PDT

•  Wow is right! (0+ / 0-)

Like the accompanying poll, that little diary was pathetic. It is completely dwarfed, both in content and style, by even the smallest, most hastily-crafted throw-away diary that NNadir has ever produced. Hell! You couldn't even get the math right (hint: 2007 - 1981 = 26 years ... not 25 years, you math wiz you!), making your one poll choice completely stupid. Congratulations on your utter incompetence.

If your crappy little diary entry was that popular, then this only speaks to the number of morons like yourself who visit this site. That said, I don't believe that everyone here, coming from the various corners of the internet and from all parts of the democratic party, is as stupid as you. Thus, these diaries -- and these comments, including mine -- are meant for the thinking person, and I believe that they are doing some good. Unlike you, I don't require everyone in the world to agree with everything I say. All I ask is that they give my words a little rational thought. Judging from your comments, that is something that you have never done.

Ha ha ha ha ha ... go for it!

(You know, there are two little buttons on your keyboard that allow you to type capital letters. It's not that difficult to do. Even children can do it.)

•  He/She really really (0+ / 0-)

likes titling diaries with exclamation points too!

•  Thanks, I hadn't noticed (0+ / 0-)

So Turkana does know how to use the shift key!

Wait ... perhaps I'm being to hasty. After all, some non-English keyboards (e.g., the azerty keyboard) do not require one to use the shift key to get an exclamation point.

•  excuse me? (0+ / 0-)

I come from a family of progressives (in action, not just ideology) and have been a progressive democrat my entire life. Despite what you may think, you are not the arbiter of acceptable discourse on this site. As I said earlier, I believe nuclear power is a progressive cause. It's an environmental cause. You've really failed to convince me otherwise in this space.

Actually I think my diaries here will be even more rewarding, knowing it's going against your dictums about acceptable progressive causes. I'll be sure to spam them all over the place.

by woolie on Sun Jun 24, 2007 at 10:01:22 AM PDT

•  Might I suggest .. (0+ / 0-)

that your first diary (under this pen name) be about what you think it is to be progressive. I know that I would be interested in reading about that. Thanks.

•  first diary under this pen name (0+ / 0-)

so he has used previous ones? i would be vdery interested to know which ones, why he's using a different one, and how you know so much about it.

by Laurence Lewis on Sun Jun 24, 2007 at 11:25:00 AM PDT

•  Can you read? (0+ / 0-)

Or do you just shoot off your mouth at random?

This commenter has clearly stated above that he used to post under his real name, but now he uses the identity that he is using to post here. I have no idea when or where he has posted what on the internet, but it is true that he has not yet posted any diaries under this identity. He has stated, however, that he intends to begin his own series of diaries, and I wish him luck. Thus, the next diary that he posts will be his first ... duh. That's right, I forgot that you have trouble with math.

•  you nuke trolls are fun (0+ / 0-)

and i've enjoyed revealing you. as i will continue to.

by Laurence Lewis on Sun Jun 24, 2007 at 12:26:45 PM PDT

•  I am glad (2+ / 0-)
                    Matthew B, woolie

that we "trolls" can provide you with some entertainment. Hopefully, one of these days, you will actually write something that is relevant to the topics that are being discussed here.

On the topic of trolls, it is interesting to see what the site has to say about this:

What all these things have in common is that they represent content that is irrelevant to the thread, or intentionally disruptive of the goals of the conversation, or seek to poison the atmosphere in which conversation can take place at all. That is trolling.

In my opinion, and I hardly think that I'm alone, every one of your comments in this diary entry fall into this category. Add in the little bit about the pro-nuclear conspiracy theories that you have insinuated in some of your later comments (see the section on "Conspiracy Trolls"), and I think that your behavior here makes you a first-rate troll. Congratulations.

•  interesting (0+ / 0-)
                    Apparently you comment not to further discussion, but to provoke others, an activity which defines a troll.  Being a troll is nothing to be proud of.
          •  hope you do (0+ / 0-)

the community can decide how to deal with your spamming. if you do it with the charm and wit of nnadir, i'm sure you will be just as "popular."

by Laurence Lewis on Sun Jun 24, 2007 at 11:24:09 AM PDT