View Diary: On My Return to DKos (72 comments)

•  we'd be honored for you to (6+ / 0-)

join in the discussion. we have dems, greens, indies and others.

Every once in a while we have a principled coservative hang around for a bit (usually doesn't last 'cause they get depressed).

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

by Greg Dworkin on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 11:45:36 AM PDT

•  Conservatives (1+ / 0-)
      Erevann

Heh, I even opened up a RedState account.

I never posted with it because I couldn't wrap my head around most of the things they were saying.  The diversity of opinions aren't as good as I'd like them to be here, but at least people are sane.

[-4.88,-5.64]
      I'm still certain that what motivates me
      Is more rewarding than any piece of paper could be -- Dennis Lyxzén

by stinerman on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 11:48:10 AM PDT

•  Hehe that's always a plus... (0+ / 0-)

isn't it?

I for one, am glad to have ya. I'm more an independent than strictly Dem myself, but I seem to do just fine.

But of course I refuse to be baited into pointless flame wars that lose all sense of reason too. :) It's not easy, but I've never found discussions like that to be of much use.

PS - I've got an account on RS and ever Free Republic too. Almost never post, rarely read much, but injecting the occasional point or video link to shake up the perspective once in a while is fun.

Síocháin! I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. Thomas Jefferson

by Erevann on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 12:03:05 PM PDT

•  And a few unprincipled conservatives (4+ / 0-)
      DemFromCT, Delaware Dem, Elise, Erevann

who won't stay gone no matter how hard we try to make them.

•  I don't know... (2+ / 0-)
      Elise, EnderRS

EnderRS has stuck around for quite a long while and I think he's been a credit to the community.

But admittedly, I think he's the exception not the rule. :)

by Erevann on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 11:59:24 AM PDT

•  heh (2+ / 0-)
        Erevann, Silent Lurker

thanks :) Though I've been trollrated plenty for being a rude sonovabitch!

SwordsCrossed "To discuss evil in a manner implying neutrality, is to sanction it." AR

by EnderRS on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 12:31:16 PM PDT

•  I'm sure... (1+ / 0-)
          EnderRS

but that just makes it more interesting. :)

And of course, some people have really thin skin when it comes to heated debates.

Still glad to have you around!

by Erevann on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 12:47:14 PM PDT

•  Well, you could stop being a rude sob and maybe (2+ / 0-)
          Erevann, EnderRS

that would help prevent you from being TRd :-)

I touched the Universe -- And back it slid -- and I alone -- A Speck upon a Ball -- Went out upon Circumference -- Beyond the Dip of Bell --

by Elise on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 01:45:41 PM PDT

•  True, but then... (2+ / 0-)
            Elise, EnderRS

it just wouldn't really be Ender would it? :)

Hope you've been well Elise!

by Erevann on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 08:03:36 PM PDT

•  I have...I hope you have too :-) (2+ / 0-)
              Erevann, EnderRS

I agree btw...I was teasing him.

by Elise on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 09:13:37 PM PDT

•  I know hehe (2+ / 0-)
                Elise, EnderRS

I'm rather fond of a bit of good natured ribbing myself. :)

See you in Chicago in a couple weeks!

by Erevann on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 10:08:58 PM PDT