View Diary: CA-42: I'm managing a netroots U.S. House campaign (202 comments)

•  I think that someone is running against Lewis (4+ / 0-)

but I can't remember whom (and I may be mixing that race up with Dreyer's.)  Someone here should know.  (Andrew?)  Lewis is very ripe for the plucking.

My apologies to students who took my U.S. Government class in the 90s: evidently the Constitution doesn't limit Presidential power after all. Who knew?

by Major Danby on Tue Jul 17, 2007 at 12:17:19 PM PDT

•  I'm in 41 (4+ / 0-)

And Lewis is as corrupt as they come. Last time we had a very weak presence in the race, and Lewis won handily.

I am glad to see you have a major effort in 42. This will serve as a model for races to come, and everything you learn will help us in the future.

"Vice President Cheney is expanding the administration's policy on torture to include tortured logic" Sen. Dick Durbin D-IL

by Tuba Les on Tue Jul 17, 2007 at 12:36:30 PM PDT

•  This is news to me. I live in CA-41 (3+ / 0-)

Jerry Contreras ran in '04 and disappeared by August.  He quit answering emails and campaigning.  We need someone willing to go the distance.  btw, iirc, Lewis recently said he wasn't running again, so it is an Open seat people.  Hopefully, Lewis will be bunking with his good pal the Dukestir.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

by trashablanca on Tue Jul 17, 2007 at 12:45:44 PM PDT

•  Has Lewis *definitively* said he wasn't running? (2+ / 0-)

I thought it was not quite so final.  I may be confused about who's running in which district; there's so many to follow.  Someone visiting here from Calitics should know.

by Major Danby on Tue Jul 17, 2007 at 01:16:31 PM PDT

•  From ThinkProgress (2+ / 0-)
          The Zipper, yoduuuh do or do not

link This is straight poop from Novakula:  I'm supposed to be working so I haven't time to find the original site.  Hope this suffices:

Novak: Scandal-plagued Lewis will retire.
          "Republican sources on Capitol Hill and in California say Rep. Jerry Lewis, ranking Republican on the House Appropriations Committee who has been criticized on ethical grounds, will not seek a 16th term next year." Lewis used his seat to steer earmarks towards to one of his closest friends and major campaign contributor. "He has not apologized and vigorously defended himself behind closed doors in the House Republican Conference."  June 2, 2007

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

by trashablanca on Tue Jul 17, 2007 at 01:26:29 PM PDT

•  OK, you mean the Novakula story (2+ / 0-)

I knew about that, but I didn't think Lewis had confirmed it out loud.  So far as I can tell, he hasn't.  And Novakula has been wrong before (though he's usually very good about this sort of insider stuff.)

by Major Danby on Tue Jul 17, 2007 at 01:40:13 PM PDT