View Diary: Dodd Campaign to O'Reilly: "Proud" to Attend Yearly Kos (150 comments)

•  He is not a real reporter (4+ / 0-)

and has shown his colors over and over...I don't think he needs an invite. He would just be loud and disruptive and try to obstruct... he would try and make it all about him...ick.

It's important to save the frog. - Al Gore.....WE ARE THE FROG AL!!!...Gore/Clark 08 a Return to Reason!!!

by jigsaw68 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 at 02:33:42 PM PDT

•  He wouldn't show anyway (16+ / 0-)

he hasn't got the balls to directly confront those who don't agree with him. Al Franken chopped those pathetic little things off a few years ago.

A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.' Douglas Adams

by dougymi on Wed Jul 18, 2007 at 02:35:54 PM PDT

•  Yeah Franken really took it to him (12+ / 0-)

left him in a fetal position clutching an empty sack... and made plenty laugh in the process... Bill-O hates people laughing at him.

by jigsaw68 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 at 02:41:34 PM PDT

•  Shit Terry Gross really took it to him....... nt (7+ / 0-)

"I have not and will not announce a time-table for our withdrawl." Richard Nixon 11/3/1969

by duckhunter on Wed Jul 18, 2007 at 02:52:01 PM PDT

•  yah... I remember that (12+ / 0-)

he stalked out of the interview and probably cried himself to sleep that night.... dirty libruls...sniff sob sniff...dirty liberuls

by dougymi on Wed Jul 18, 2007 at 03:02:56 PM PDT

•  I was just trying to find audio of that.......... (5+ / 0-)

It is hysterical.  If I recall he calls her something like four-eyes, yells something inaudible (maybe something about her sexuality - she is not gay)throws down his head-set and slams the door. What a maaarrrrooooon!

by duckhunter on Wed Jul 18, 2007 at 03:06:34 PM PDT

•  here ya go - AUDIO link + Billo reply (2+ / 0-)
                duckhunter, condoleaser

FRESH AIR
                Oct 8, 2003

----
                Then Billo's spin of it later on FOX, segment called:

National Public Radio Comes Clean

----
                Then, a year later, he revisits the subject:

Sept 2, 1004
                "Terry Gross and Bill O'Reilly: Round Two"

_____________________________
                --> going to yKos? and you're into web-video, live streaming, send me an email please.

by rhfactor on Thu Jul 19, 2007 at 01:40:15 AM PDT

•  Jesus, I just listened to that Terry Gross interv (1+ / 0-)
                  NYFM

it's hard for me to get into the mindset where that's funny. It's so symptomatic of the polar divide in America, which is nothing new.

But I know why it bothers me more personally.

For me, everytime I hear O'Reilly, I see & hear my little brother, who has seemed, over the past 10 years, to more and more acquire Billo's finger poking, dogmatic, loud, angry, scrunched up face "lemme tell YOU the way it is, pal", set-people-straight  traits thru osmosis by watching him (and of course all of Fox News)

(A few people on dK have followed a bit about my conservative family down south, and a number of my dairies deal with all those dynamics. Just in the past week, I posted this, which provides something of a backgrounder, fyi only...)

One of the themes I have written deeply about over the years is how our society has lacked LEADERS who not only stand up to this constant bullying, but ALSO lead and openly and repeatedly address this angry psychology of this nation (on the right). It's so far beyond ideology - way beyond that - and it deals with the continual programming that has emanated from the 40-year-old R&D project of the GOP Thinktanks, who studied the science of polarization and influence-messaging, media distribution methods, and the strategizing of how to orchestrate memes to inject them into the mediaspace, reinforce them through multiple methods, and radiate them inot the homes and car radios throughout America.

To me, me have lacked BIG THINKING leadership that goes deeper than the policy and ideology layers of the citizenry, and presents to America an understanding of the very means being used to pollute discourse and critical thinking in this country.

In addition to it being restorative to the mental health of this nation, reducing the extreme anger seething underneath it all, there are economic benenfits. Because the dumbing down of America is polluting the respect for science and intelligence -- and the beneficiaries of that dumbing down will be China, among other nations, who will increasingly compete against our population for the design & manufacturing of products desired by consumers all over the world.

In other words, well beyond the debasement of political discourse in America, the results of this GOP longterm strategy of sewing seeds of discontent in our population will lead to a crippling of our competitiveness in an increasingly global economy.

These are me beliefs -- the rationales for which cannot be expressed here in a single post.

So I believe there is way more to deal with re this kind of abusive O'Reilly/Hannity/Gibson behavior than the top-level venom-spewing, pot-stirring and blatant hypocracy.

Following up on ET's comments above thread, this is precisely the kind of thing someone mature and wise like Senator Dodd could inject inot this campaign, and move the whole debate off the same old blah blah blah of EVERY 4 year cycle.

However, I think what I have just called for is extreme wishful thinking.. unfortunately for America.

rhfactor+