View Diary: Signed, Sealed, & Delivered (268 comments)

•  You do have... (5+ / 0-)

...Forbes, Barrons, and Bloomberg also serving the same market.

I'd guess that those will be where the quality reporters go rather than to a startup if there are changes at the WSJ.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it. ~ H.L. Mencken

by Jay Elias on Wed Aug 01, 2007 at 06:57:31 AM PDT

•  I suppose a new leader will merge (2+ / 0-)
      Jay Elias, moosely2006

and emerge.  Some baby will likely get a start though too.  Sort of exciting in a way....all of this while I watch Murdoch squander his progressively illgotten fortune ;)

In the Pajamahadeen I'm Scooby-Doo!

by Militarytracy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 at 07:02:54 AM PDT

•  It will be sad though if that happens... (2+ / 0-)
        PsychoSavannah, Militarytracy

...the WSJ is an American institution.  It would be a pity, even if the market would compensate.

by Jay Elias on Wed Aug 01, 2007 at 07:10:08 AM PDT

•  I never took you for a sentimentalist Jay (2+ / 0-)
          PsychoSavannah, Jay Elias

One of my strong points that is also frequently a weak point is my lack of deep sentiment once I've cried my tears.  Life goes on and will not be denied seems to tug hard on my sleeve after the sniffles are dried.  I sort of have a jaded view of American institutions lately too, let them eat cake ;).

In the Pajamahadeen I'm Scooby-Doo!

by Militarytracy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 at 07:17:37 AM PDT

•  But I am something of one... (2+ / 0-)
            Militarytracy, Noor B

...sad to say (or not - I don't mind being me).

Life will go on and not be denied.  But I find that most New Yorkers who love this city, while we all accept and understand that one of the most essential aspects of our city is that it is always in flux, we all also feel very attached to our city's institutions.

by Jay Elias on Wed Aug 01, 2007 at 07:20:47 AM PDT

•  I didn't know you were a New Yorker (1+ / 0-)
              Jay Elias

Murdoch has soiled your personal streets.  I treated myself to a trip to New York in my Wyoming youth and it was wonderful.  Friday night on the sidewalk in Manhattan was a party.

In the Pajamahadeen I'm Scooby-Doo!

by Militarytracy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 at 07:26:20 AM PDT