View Diary: Senate Gives in on Wiretapping. 16 Dems Go Along. (789 comments)

•  They will use it as toilet paper. (2+ / 0-)
    RFK Lives, kyril

If they actually cared about the people they would do something for the people.

Oh, that's right: they threw an extra buck or two at us so they can tell us to shut up.

The same people who want Libby free are the same people who rule out amnesty for illegals.

by MouseOfSuburbia on Fri Aug 03, 2007 at 11:50:52 PM PDT

•  They won't need our letters for that (0+ / 0-)

they have the whole Constitution to wipe their asses with.

•  the bandwagon you're jumping on (0+ / 0-)

isn't going anywhere.

You are disempowering yourself.

"Well, yeah, the Constitution is worth it if you can succeed." -Nancy Pelosi, 6/29/07.

by nailbender on Sat Aug 04, 2007 at 12:33:12 AM PDT

•  Which bandwagon are you on? (0+ / 0-)

All aboard! Capitulation.
        Next stop, Capitulation..
        Next stop, Capitulation..

Vote for me. I'm a democrat and I feel your pain.

DeepModem has laid it bare. Do you think congress will investigate?

by MouseOfSuburbia on Sat Aug 04, 2007 at 03:06:08 AM PDT

•  decide for yourself (0+ / 0-)

this post and click on the link in it.

I've been slapping this donkey since the turn of the century and it has done some good.

Don't get me wrong.  I am about to change my registration from D to I.  And if they don't Impeach, they will find themselves in an unnecessarily close contest with the Masters of Catastrophe.

by nailbender on Sat Aug 04, 2007 at 10:18:05 AM PDT

•  That's the thing.. (0+ / 0-)

We should be impeaching Gonzales, not empowering him.

How in their right minds do they expect us to support them?

I read your post and I am sorry. It's easy to assume things behind the screen and it bites me every once in a while. I am very upset about our government right now and your comment bit hard because I don't feel empowered. I have written every senator and congressman many times - not just the bad, but with praise when they do good.

I am to the point where the government and its laws mean nothing to me anymore. I seriously think we need to flush it down the drain. If we do the flushing instead of they, then we can establish the rules coming back.

Crazy? Nothing is crazy anymore. What do you thing the Haliburton detention centers are for? The only things that come to mind for me are unthinkable, but there they are.

by MouseOfSuburbia on Sat Aug 04, 2007 at 11:16:23 AM PDT

•  I'm just trying to keep my head (1+ / 0-)
              MouseOfSuburbia

and do the most effective thing at any given moment.  Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fuck up.  No matter.  I have to keep trying to do the most effective thing, in every case, to help effect the realignment of our society.

I feel totally insulted and aggrieved by the current condtion of our government.  It is a force operating against us, rather than from us, and therefore, for us.

This is more than frustrating, as you note, it is ominous.  But I try to refuse to be intimidated.  I am trying to face it all down, front and center, with all my faculties and abilities.  If enough people do that, we might win.

No.  We will win.  If enough people do that, in fact, we will win easily.

by nailbender on Sat Aug 04, 2007 at 07:13:23 PM PDT