View Diary: "MSM" vs. "Traditional Media" (294 comments)

•  Whole lot more then just about Israel Kos (0+ / 0-)

I think you hurt yourself Kos when u throw Israel into the mix like u just have. The media war is about a whole lot more then just what Israel or the Israeli lobby wants from them. Yes, I agree that the wingnut media is trying to create its own alternate reality but central to that is the CORPIRATE view of reality as well as some of its neo-con factions delusions. Placing Israel central to all of this just plays into their hands Kos. The truth is if Israel didn't exist this could all still be playing out just the way it is. The central issue is really about ENERGY (OIL) and who controls most of it. Israel is a side show to that struggle IMO.

"It's better to die on your feet then live on your knees" E. Zapata

by Blutodog on Wed Aug 15, 2007 at 07:51:42 AM PDT

•  Israel? WTF? (0+ / 0-)

Where in the diary does Israel get mentioned?  Did he edit it out before I read it?  One of us is either smoking crack, or commenting on the wrong diary.

Got a problem with my posts? Email me, and let's resolve it.

by drbloodaxe on Wed Aug 15, 2007 at 09:04:10 AM PDT

•  My apologies (0+ / 0-)

I just reread it a third time, and just caught the one word Israel just before the kangaroos.  I think focusing on it, however, when it was a single word in the diary is a bit much though.

Got a problem with my posts? Email me, and let's resolve it.

by drbloodaxe on Wed Aug 15, 2007 at 09:06:21 AM PDT

•  Single word? (0+ / 0-)

No, it was far more then just a single word. KOS was focusing on the idea on the left that some want to believe that a major driving force behind the IRAQ War is Israel's security. I don't think Dick Cheney and his buddies could have cared less about Israel and Israel's security. As for our mis-adventure in Iraq being some kind of Israeli plan to make the ME a safe place for Israel through regime change, again I doubt it was at the top of Emperor BV$H's agenda when he decided to invade and occupy Iraq. What I do believe is that Cheney and his friends in the Int'l OIL biz had a "secret" meeting 6 mos. prior to the war starting and in the meeting these men divided up Iraq's oil reserves. What benefit does any of this have for Israel is beyond me?  The fact that Saddam was going to be removed was a plus certainly for Israel but the present rulers are just as anti-Israel as he was so where is the gain for Israel? I'd say the War has if anything weakened Israel defensively by empowering her main enemy Iran and its surrogates in Leb. and Gaza. So, trying to make this into an Israeli war is just so much nonsense on the left and I'm sorry to see KOS buying into it.

"It's better to die on your feet then live on your knees" E. Zapata

by Blutodog on Wed Aug 15, 2007 at 10:46:57 AM PDT

•  Erm (0+ / 0-)

I still think your post must be focused on something in another kos diary or set of them.  He may have tossed in the word Israel in this one in that one sentence, but it has no antecedents in this diary, and no followup.  This diary is about the use of the phrase Mainstream Media.

I would agree with you that Cheney could care less about anything not focused on his own power and money, but I think your comment really belongs in whatever diary Kos argues that Iraq is about Israel.

Got a problem with my posts? Email me, and let's resolve it.

by drbloodaxe on Wed Aug 15, 2007 at 11:23:29 AM PDT

•  The Israel statement (0+ / 0-)

He was referring to the neo-con fantasy of a pro-Israel Iraq developing from the conflict. He's probably right that some of those fools still want to believe that Israel has friends in Baghdad for some reason. Nobody has been buying that line since last summers Israel / Leb. war where Iraq's present Gov't public ally backed Hizbullah to Herr BV$H's dismay. Look its pretty obvious KOS and many here don't have any love for Israel but how much influence Israel has on the so called MSM is debatable. Whats not debatable is the vast majority of American Jews intensely dislike BV$H and have never supported him.

"It's better to die on your feet then live on your knees" E. Zapata

by Blutodog on Wed Aug 15, 2007 at 12:35:57 PM PDT

•  Israel as a country (0+ / 0-)

probably has more love here than many will admit.  I think much of the animosity is geared toward specific Israeli gov't policies which mirror the same policies being carried out by the American gov't at the moment, and policies some on the far right would love to be able to carry out.

Got a problem with my posts? Email me, and let's resolve it.

by drbloodaxe on Wed Aug 15, 2007 at 02:35:12 PM PDT

•  We agree, kind of: (0+ / 0-)

Yes, but then we aren't sitting in a country that has Canada and Mexico firing missiles at San Diego and Seattle day and night.

"It's better to die on your feet then live on your knees" E. Zapata

by Blutodog on Wed Aug 15, 2007 at 03:54:21 PM PDT

• Recommended (132)
  • Community (63)
  • 2016 (46)
  • Elections (38)
  • Media (35)
  • Environment (35)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (33)
  • Republicans (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Law (28)
  • Barack Obama (28)
  • Iraq (27)
  • Civil Rights (25)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Jeb Bush (24)
  • Culture (24)
  • Economy (20)
  • Labor (19)
  • Bernie Sanders (18)
  • Senate (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site