View Diary: Kids sodomized at Abu Ghraib, Pentagon has the videos - Hersh (430 comments)

•  Hersh has said it (4.00)
    out loud from the first weekend.  He also mentioned it in lectures all along.

Remember there were hearings and NYT has hundreds of photos, the WAPo has about 1000 and the Pentagon has 2000 plus videos.  Aside from all that eh New Yorker has...

He will write about it, but he also called on memebers of congress whom he says know very well who his sources are, to contact those sources and find out that the story is as bad as can be.  hersh has described photos we have not seen yet.

Now, who moves when is the thing to watch. And if they move. I am assuming that perhaps right after the Dem Convention some onemay roll with waht they have.

Reminder, the defense attys in Bagadad have phtoos as well.  A major netowrk" was passed ''recent reports''rom the ICRC a few weeks ago and we have heard nothing on that.

Waiting game, I assume first they roll with the women then the children, but when.

But it cannnot wait much longer, I;d say no later than September, the Repub convneiton.

I guess we have Gen. Boykin Rules of Engagement: our god is bigger.

by Marisacat on Wed Jul 14, 2004 at 07:03:54 PM PDT

•  I wonder (none)
      is this what Josh Marshall keeps aluding to? Are senior members of both parties involved in a coverup going back several months? Could this be the scandal ready to break, that will shake our political culture to it's foundations?

There's a hard rain gonna fall.

without love, a hearbeat is just a clock marking time

by Madman in the marketplace on Wed Jul 14, 2004 at 07:31:02 PM PDT

•  I keep coming back (4.00)
        taht there is a game of leverage going on, the reason that Hersh speaks very openly letting more and more out, but not printing, but on the record in the media.

Something is going on but I can't exactly determinw aht... One clue was his early call in several interviews for Congress to ''talk to his sources'' and saying that ''they know who they are'' already.

I am certain that Hersh has alll the cnfirmations he needs to print, but is purposefully waiting.  And leaving a trail so to speak.  European media has moved,print wise, the moderate English language ME print media has reported this, UNICEF has gone public, but Fortress America, soemthing is up.  Has to be leverage game.

I guess we have Gen. Boykin Rules of Engagement: our god is bigger.

by Marisacat on Wed Jul 14, 2004 at 07:36:48 PM PDT

•  agree (none)
         I think this is exactly what Josh Marshall has been hinting at .
      •  Maybe waiting (none)
        for the GOP convention....

The more I know the more I find I know very little.

by michael in chicago on Wed Jul 14, 2004 at 08:20:21 PM PDT

•  The day before would be perfect (none)
          lead balloon "bounce" for the convention.  Instead of people paying attention to the Potemkin village performances there, the press and the people would be focused on this, and any GOP notable who was willing to talk to the press (and how could they claim to be too busy... at the convention) would be grilled about this.

Sen. McCain, how do you feel about the latest information from Abu Ghraib?  Were you aware already that...?

Sen. Hatch?  Sen. Miller?  Hello?

The penalty good men pay for not being interested in politics is to be governed by men worse than themselves. -- Plato

by ogre on Wed Jul 14, 2004 at 11:19:16 PM PDT

•  Read my mind about Marshall.. (none)
        ...but he never really had much inside info about Abu Ghraib, did he?  The Plame thing is his forte.

---
        This post is just a preview. Get the full effect at SpaceRook.com

by TrentL on Thu Jul 15, 2004 at 03:46:45 AM PDT