View Diary: Sex Discrimination Alive and Well (49 comments)

•  rsevern is a *working* math professor (5+ / 1-)
    Ahianne, cacophonix, debedb, rserven, Caoimhin Laochdha
    Hidden by:
    BobOak

Why won't you talk to her?

Ortiz/Ramírez '08

by theran on Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 09:19:14 PM PDT

•  I can get any comment troll rated (2+ / 0-)
      cacophonix, Caoimhin Laochdha

It's like there is a bug.

Ortiz/Ramírez '08

by theran on Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 09:23:51 PM PDT

•  *was* a working math professor... (5+ / 0-)

...for 25 years.  The last 7 have been teaching programming, because, you know, having changed sex, some people think I lost the ability to teach math.

Death
      Teacher's Lounge - 100th edition - tomorrow at noon

by rserven on Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 09:34:17 PM PDT

•  But not CS? (3+ / 0-)
        cacophonix, debedb, Caoimhin Laochdha

Being in both fields, my general impression is that math is the one with less discrimination.  There is always a much more even gender split at math things.

Ortiz/Ramírez '08

by theran on Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 09:36:12 PM PDT

•  precisely they think that (0+ / 0-)

and the reason for the original comment but I don't think you are interested in that of course.  As I recall you called Democrat Congressman Bart Gordon and the entire House Science Committee a bunch of racist xenophobes and yahoos.   Very charming.

by BobOak on Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 09:47:34 PM PDT

•  Your first sentence makes no sense. (4+ / 0-)

Could you try it again with some some meaning included?

I am interested in why you included the original statement, which is why I asked my original questions, which you never actually got around to answering.

I said no such thing about the congressman or a committee.  I challenged your wording about what they said, because your wording was what included the xenophobia, not what they said.

Death
          Teacher's Lounge - 100th edition - tomorrow at noon

by rserven on Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 10:04:29 PM PDT

•  another time, perhaps (1+ / 0-)
            EvilPaula

No, you spammed my diary before I could even get a tip jar up, and it was quite long diary, covering a hearing by the House Science committee that day, with enormously long quotes by the testimony of witnesses and comments from House Science Committee Congressional members.

There is no way anyone could read it in the 2 seconds between the time I pressed publish, turned around to post a tip jar, which I did immediately after publish, with a 1G uplink BW speed.

You then proceeded to spam my story on this important hearing of what Academia was doing with US taxpayer funds and a charter for US R&D initiatives...with very off-topic accusations...much like the behavior you are exhibiting right now.  So, perhaps I'm simply visit one of your diaries on an issue you wish to highlight in depth to bring this whole thing up to discuss it.        A good 50+ comments should do it I'm sure.

by BobOak on Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 10:16:38 PM PDT

•  You are certainly welcome to visit.., (4+ / 0-)

...one of my diaries.  Participating in the discussion is encouraged in them.  And I don't care how many comments you make as long as it is connected to the discussion.

Unlike you, I won't make a statement and then claim that responding to it is spamming.

Death

• Republicans (34)
  • Culture (34)
  • Hillary Clinton (27)
  • Education (24)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Labor (24)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (24)
  • Barack Obama (23)
  • Media (22)
  • GOP (21)
  • Civil Rights (21)
  • Economy (20)
  • Affordable Care Act (19)
  • Texas (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site