View Diary: Troll Rating Fritz Haber, Jimmy Kunstler and the Oracle at Snowmass, Part 2 (155 comments)

•  So you don't care for (0+ / 0-)

nnadirs style ? Perfect !
    I'm using his style to make a point , thank you for playing along .

"find someone who promotes an RBMK"
    So your saying the design was the problem ?
    Not the operators ?
    That the design you like / promote , can't be screwed up ? The waste from your design is never going to escape into the environment . The waste products from your favorite reactors will never be let loose ?

"Get over yourself, and learn some facts, for goodness sake!"
    Don't you have some school work you should be doing ?

l'essentiel est invisible

by indycam on Mon Sep 24, 2007 at 10:20:37 AM PDT

•  Oh yeah ... (2+ / 0-)
      Plan9, enochthered

But NNadir does melodramatic with style!  ... and verbosity.

After all, he is using sarcasm. As far as I can tell, you're actually serious when you make ridiculous claims. Huh??

As far as RBMK's are concerned, yes, you are correct. The operators were the problem. The design is flawed when compared to standards in the West, but even so, the plant should have been safe. It required the operators to turn off the safety systems and run the plant in an unusual configuration (low power) to cause this incident.

Hey ... people make mistakes, including nuclear power plant operators. Other operators do as well; for example, the operators of automobiles kill between 36,000 and 40,000 people each year. Kind of makes Chernobyl look like a cake walk, doesn't it? And that doesn't even consider the "waste" produced by automobiles that you breathe, I breathe, everybody breathes, every day. I live in a city, so I'm breathing some of it as I write this.

•  Here we go . (0+ / 0-)

whether or not nuke power generation waste has or has not killed has nothing at all to do with how many have died via automobiles .

"As far as RBMK's are concerned, yes, you are correct. The operators were the problem."
        I never made a statement to be correct or not correct  on . I asked you a question or two .
        And you just steeped into it .

"And your condemnation of the "dangerous" automobile? Oh, I can smell the outrage. But I guess it's still forthcoming, ain't it? ;-)"
        Absurd arguments are your specialty ?

"After all, he is using sarcasm. As far as I can tell, you're actually serious when you make ridiculous claims."
        "As far as I can" is the key to that statement .

"Hey ... people make mistakes, including nuclear power plant operators."
        No Shit Sherlock !

l'essentiel est invisible

by indycam on Mon Sep 24, 2007 at 11:24:08 AM PDT

•  Do you actually have ... (0+ / 0-)

anything constructive to contribute?

•  Your statement (0+ / 0-)

"Get over yourself, and learn some facts, for goodness sake!"
            I'm still waiting for you to show me some facts that I need to learn .
            So far you have not come up with anything new .
            Just the same old blathering of a whiny child .

So either put on screen the FACTS or don't .
            Its on you . If you can not , so be it .

l'essentiel est invisible

by indycam on Mon Sep 24, 2007 at 11:43:19 AM PDT

•  Here's a fact: coal waste kills 24,000 (0+ / 0-)

Americans every year.

Here's another fact:
              Spent nuclear fuel has never killed any member of the American public.

Here's a 3rd fact:
              Worldwide, nuclear plants avoid 2 billion tons of CO2 per year.

The IPCC predicts average global temperatures to rise enough by 2050 to put 20-30% of all species at risk for extinction.

by Plan9 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 at 01:47:02 PM PDT

•  Here are some more facts . (0+ / 0-)

Rain is wet .
                Sunshine is warm .

Are those new facts to you ?

l'essentiel est invisible

by indycam on Mon Sep 24, 2007 at 07:35:00 PM PDT

•  So it turns out you do not want facts. (2+ / 1-)
                  LIsoundview, bryfry
                  Hidden by:
                  indycam

Your mind is already made up.  You prefer being sarcastic, attacking the messenger, ignoring the terrible toll that fossil fuels are taking --quite possibly on people you know, etc. And maybe your exertions will somehow make wind and sunshine generate more than .02% of the world's electricity.

I certainly hope so, because we need them, along with an expansion of nuclear power, to respond to the greatest challenge humanity has ever faced.

by Plan9 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 06:18:36 AM PDT

•  Prove it ! (0+ / 0-)

"ignoring the terrible toll that fossil fuels are taking"
                    If you can not prove it , then thats a personal attack and a lie .

l'essentiel est invisible