View Diary: Von Spakovsky to slip through? (107 comments)

•  Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (19+ / 0-)

I can't take any more god damned capitulation. How many times can these cowards capitulate in one day?

"It's the planet, stupid."

by FishOutofWater on Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 01:25:13 PM PDT

•  Present count, at least 3, but I'm betting that (5+ / 0-)

if we looked closely there are dozens.

"An entire credulous nation believed in Santa Claus, but Santa Claus was really the gasman." Gunter Grass

by rrheard on Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 01:28:08 PM PDT

•  I especially can't take this one (14+ / 0-)
      This is literally the Republicans' last hope for taking back the presidency. They have a horrible field and no positions anyone much supports. But if they are in a position to turn a blind eye to manipulation of the system and dirty tricks, purges and voter suppression, while enforcing draconian rules and hurdles to be allowed to vote, well, they might pull it off. This is horrifying, this is disgusting and I am on hold with Sherrod Brown's office right now to beg him to stand up and speak out for a change. As an elections activist, I'm sick about this.

We're retiring Steve LaTourette (R-Family Values for You But Not for Me) and sending Judge Bill O'Neill to Congress from Ohio-14: http://www.oneill08.com/

by anastasia p on Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 01:32:37 PM PDT

•  Absolutely. (3+ / 0-)

I commented below and elsewhere, no wonder the Repubs aren't putting any effort into wooing independents back, or trying to win minorities to their side.

If they can fix it on election day, why bother to put your campaign dollars into an African American sponsored debate?  Just spend it on some wild Republican style partying.

Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught. ~Honoré de Balzac

by hopesprings on Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 01:59:46 PM PDT

•  I wouldn't go that far (0+ / 0-)
          They're not wooing independents because they are devoting all their efforts to keeping their fracturing base hanging together. They aren't trying to win minorities because they just flat out can't. They badly miscalculated on the immigration issue and lost the Hispanics while trying to cater to the bigots but not alientate big business, which turned out to be impossible. They re in a mess. I don't believe there's a sinister well-oiled plot guaranteed to succeed. I think trying to game the system is literally their last hope but it is a thin one. That is small consolation to people and communities whose votes are compromised.

by anastasia p on Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 02:46:31 PM PDT

•  I think they get up in the morrning (0+ / 0-)

Look in the mirror, and ask

"Have you capitulated today?"

And if they haven't the run down to the floor of their respective chambers and try to find something to bend over backwards to accommodate.

Fuck the fucking fuckers.

Olaf(upon what were once knees) does almost ceaselessly repeat "there is some shit I will not eat"

by slippytoad on Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 04:11:37 PM PDT