View Diary: A Glimmer of Hope; fees increase on H-1B guest worker Visas (203 comments)

•  no (0+ / 0-)

and for us, we're talking especially about US diversity, please do not as usual distort that outrageous racist post or my comments.  For your information our group is over 50% US diversity, but you are so busy name calling and spamming and especially not reading about the new amendment....you of course would not know that.

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 11:15:56 AM PDT

•  Your words, not mine. (2+ / 0-)
      Duke1676, immigradvocate

brazen racist commentary against Americans,

I am not spamming, I am not name calling.  You are the one doing that.  I am not distorting anything.  You are simply so angry that you are becoming incoherent.

"American" is not a race, Bob.  It's not debatable.

•  yes American is a society (0+ / 0-)

Try living abroad for awhile and see how much your being American does not matter.

You are spamming.  You do name call, repeatedly and stalk me on this boards. Never, not once have I seen an intelligent comment about the actual bill, policy or hearing I am talking about in my posts.  Not a ONE! You DO NOT pay attention to the bills, the facts, the issues.  You distort.  You lie and you spam.

It's pathetic and oblivious to what our issues are, what our positions are and what our labor goals are.

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 01:06:27 PM PDT

•  Calm down. (2+ / 0-)
          Duke1676, immigradvocate

You are becoming hysterical.

I am NOT spamming.  Immigration is an issue I follow, and so yes, I will read most diaries on this subject.  I do not lie, I do not distort and I do not spam.  You, on the other hand, have been resorting more and more to gratuitous troll rating and personal insults and character smears.

Sure, there is an American society, though it is composed of many different strands.  What there is NOT is an American "race."

So stop with the nonsensical accusations of racism "against Americans."  You are just plain wrong about this.

•  I am not (0+ / 0-)

no, and by uprating very obvious hateful, discriminatory and racist against Americans as a national origin (which are US diversity Americans, women....) you are endorsing the very thing you want to accuse me of...constantly.

No, I don't think you read anything I say...and to prove it, what bills do we want passed?  even pick one of them, even the sponsor, the title, anything at all.

Why do we talk about trade so much?

What is WTO, GATS mode 4?

I'll give you 10 minutes and I know you cannot answer these questions.

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 01:21:19 PM PDT

•  Sorry bob ... (1+ / 0-)
              Duke1676

... you're not answering my questions, so I am not going to answer yours.  Nice try at reframing our argument, tho, congratulations!

You say:

You are becoming less and less coherent -- that statement makes no sense at all.  I AM an American bob, just as much as you are.  We are not a race.

You are the one who has accused others of being racist against "Americans."  I pointed out Americans are not a race.  What is so hard to understand about that?

You are also accusing me of things I have not done.  Where have I argued about the bill here?  I have indeed argued about your own record here at daily kos, as a community issue -- and that is indeed relevant.  It is relevant -- as a Daily Kos community issue -- that you TR often in your own diaries, a big weakness, imo.

It is relevant that you do not engage with respected posters who disagree with you and instead throw out ad hom attacks as to their character when you do not respond to questions about your own affiliations which are also relevant to this debate on a Democratic site, and when it is found to be a fact that you uprate comments which use RW talking points and link to RW sites.

So that is what I've been talking about in your diary.  I'm sure you're out of TR's now as you tend to fling them around constantly.  I'm not, but you're not worth TR'ing, imo.

Poor you.

•  wrong again (0+ / 0-)

you've tred me repeatedly and always accuse, spam and most importantly uprate obvious posts that are blatantly racist, discriminatory and derogatory towards Americans.  You have TRed labor activists who complain and say the blogs are a waste of time due to you absurdly oblivious, unaware of positions, policies, global agendas and bills in congress...and most importantly who is behind them and the affects they will have on US labor as well as overall economic direction......who stay on blogs all day to... name call.  Yes, in fact you have TRed some very good labor organizers in fact, which is one of the reasons I find you people so pathetic.

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 01:33:19 PM PDT

•  You are a sad case. (2+ / 0-)
                  Duke1676, immigradvocate

Again, never responding, always attacking.

I've given out no troll ratings in this diary -- those are all yours.

Nor did I give out TR's in the previous diary where you TR'd me repeatedly.

Get a grip -- you are losing it.

Oh, and by the way -- in case you have forgotten -- Americans are NOT a race!

•  ad hominem attack (0+ / 0-)

as usual.  Let's see now, why does Peter DeFazio want a congressional trade office?  What are the issues?

Can you answer that?  I think not.

What is the issue with Costa Rica approving CAFTA-DR?  What other additions w.r.t. global worker migration are in that trade agreement?

Can you answer that?  again, I think not..

Which leads me to this question, why are you even on a political discussion board when you seem to only excel with ad hominem attack and do not understand the first issue w.r.t the global economic corporate agenda?

Maybe I should ask, what does ad hominem attack mean and what does it imply about the knowledge base of the issuer?

how about this one, who is David Ricardo?  Why is current trade policy not free trade?  What element is in the theory that is being turned into a variable and thus the theory actually collapses in it's model?

F for the class again?  I think so!

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 01:52:09 PM PDT

•  Nope. (1+ / 0-)
                      Duke1676

You keep weasling out of responding.

As I said, this is both a DKos community issue and an issue of your own bad framing.  Americans are not a race.  You are just plain wrong about that.

I'm not in the mood for a quiz, bob, and certainly not from you.  I'll let my record here at Daily Kos speak for itself.

Guess, though, that because you're out of troll ratings, having used them up in your own diary, you  have to resort to this kind of tantrum.

Your behavior speaks for itself, too.

Oh and by the way ... this is a blog, not a class.  And you are certainly no teacher.

•  it's because you are ignorant (0+ / 0-)

of the issues and why you try to avoid not answering the policy questions...you clearly cannot and are simply doing some sort of glorified cheerleading thing on this blog pretending to be an "activist".

Not understanding the first thing about insourcing or trade, yet name calling is not my idea of political activism and many others to be sure.

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 01:59:28 PM PDT

•  It's because you are ignorant ... (1+ / 0-)
                          Duke1676

... of telling the truth about your own positions that you aren't a very respected member of this site.

Keep weasling, bob.  Good luck with that.

•  Q.E.D. (0+ / 0-)

What does Q.E.D. stand for?

What is a downward sloping demand curve?

What does equilibrium mean in labor economics?

A basic labor force equation is:

LF = E + U

What is E and what is U?

How is the United States unemployment rate calculated and how does that differ from the European calculations?

Q.E.D.

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 02:13:33 PM PDT

•  He would rather make himself a victim playing the (1+ / 1-)
                Nightprowlkitty
                Hidden by:
                BobOak

race card himself. And calling someone anti immigrant is not racism. Possibly xenophobic. I don't know. More likely just anger at immigrants, blaming them for the problems of America. Isn't that xenophobia?
                It's a global economy wheather we like it or not. And immigrants help America be competitive in the world.
                And being pro immigrant is not anti American. We are all decended from immigrants and should be proud of our heritage.

•  10 minutes up! (0+ / 0-)

and the answers are:

S.1035 : H-1B and L-1 Visa Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act of 2007 (Durbin-Grassley)

H.R.2538 : To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide greater protections to domestic and foreign workers under the H-1B nonimmigrant worker program. (Pascrell)

H.R.2504 : To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act with respect to the admission of L-1 intra-company transferee nonimmigrants. (DeLauro)

H.R.548 : To establish a Congressional Trade Office (DeFazio)

WTO, GATS mode 4 - classifying workers as services to be traded as part of trade agreements.  trading people.

See, you could care less about worker issues or real progressive causes such as trade and the corporate controlled migration agenda.  you cannot even answer these basic positions which are posted right here in this diary you are busy spamming.

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 01:30:13 PM PDT