View Diary: A Glimmer of Hope; fees increase on H-1B guest worker Visas (203 comments)

•  I wrote (2+ / 0-)
    BobOak, uscitizenvoter

There is zero evidence that we need more immigration in any single labor area in the United States.

This statement, on its own, does not oppose immigration.

The fact that he finds it necessary to throw out so many TRs in his own diary

And I have asked that he not troll rate comments -- on more than one occasion.

Your excuse of him is weak, to put it mildly.

I don't defend anyone but myself, I don't speak for anyone but myself, and I only very rarely 'make excuses' for myself, but I would have thought that people would have figured that out by now.

And I will choose to stand by my comment.

<div style="font-size:10px;text-align:center;background-color:#ffd;color:#f33">If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow - G. Bush

by superscalar on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 12:26:42 PM PDT

•  Trouble is ... (1+ / 0-)
      Duke1676

...... bob oak's statements do not stand on their own, and I have given some more context to them.  Given that, your decision to "stand by" your comment makes no sense at all.

I didn't say you defended him, I said your comment was excusing his words, and it was.  Fact is, you have no idea what he meant when he said those words, and in your comment you were implying you did by comparing it to something you have said in the past.  So yes, you were excusing his words.

Given that, I found it reasonable to provide even more context to support the fact that bob oak is by no means a Progressive Democrat.

•  slanderous lie (1+ / 0-)
        uscitizenvoter

You cannot even repeat, when all you have to do is a cut and paste from this very diary, what my position statement are!

You are a slanderous, spammer who is oblivious to the issues at hand!

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 01:45:23 PM PDT

•  Well ... (1+ / 0-)
          Duke1676

... seeing as you are out of donuts, I hope this spew made you feel better.

I'm beginning to worry about you, bob.

Take care.

•  what does this mean? (1+ / 0-)
            uscitizenvoter

What is phantom GDP and how is it inadvertently calculated into the US GDP?

How does it relate to global labor issues?

Why are Americans not seeing the benefits in increased productivity?  What is different about the productivity equation in today's global market that makes the increased value not correlate to an increased standard of living in the domestic labor market it is correlated with?

by BobOak on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 02:22:18 PM PDT

•  Bob ... (1+ / 0-)
              Duke1676

... I have a few questions to ask you.

Why are you against the Dream Act?

Do you think the enforcement now taking place by the ICE is fair and humane?  Do you think it reflects American values?

Why don't you answer the questions Duke asks instead of shooting back with insults and slurs.  He doesn't spam.  He knows his subject.  He doesn't troll rate.

We all have questions, don't we?

But we are on a blog that has specific rules, one of which heartily discourages repeating and approving of right wing talking points.  So my last question is -- why do you uprate comments that use those kinds of RW talking points and then take such offense when folks call you on it?

•  they are not right wing talking points (1+ / 0-)
                uscitizenvoter

as noted by the many Netroots endorsed candidates and the further group in '08.  That's the problem, the failure to recognize this is not a mainstream Democratic position and most assuredly does not define a Democratic party.

But, that's simply incorrect and try as you might, immigration position does NOT define a Democrat and also does not define a Progressive.

I don't answer your questions because once again they are traps...you attempt to paint anyone with any position beyond "no position" or "no immigration policy at all" as being not a Democrat and that is outrageous, false and alienating to a huge percentage of Democrats...especially those who worked on campaigns in '06.

by BobOak on Wed Oct 31, 2007 at 01:24:57 AM PDT

•  Bob, (0+ / 0-)

Please.  NPK and Duke are not like that.  I know you've bumped heads, but maybe it is time to regroup.  I greatly appreciate what you are trying to do, and I know you put a lot of time and energy into it.  I think a lot of people do support you, but you need to give them their differences even if they don't give you yours, iyo.  I don't mean to preach at you.  I just really appreciate the work you do on this, and I hate to see someone that I believe to be well intentioned get so upset. You can only do what you can do. The rest is out of your hands.

No justice, no peace.

by dkmich on Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 08:47:47 PM PDT

•  yes they are (1+ / 0-)
            uscitizenvoter

look at the posts, and also why are they even here on this diary about a scholarship program, or any of my diaries if all they care about is illegal immigration?  I never even write about illegal immigration yet they spam my diaries, all of them.

by BobOak on Wed Oct 31, 2007 at 12:51:44 AM PDT