View Diary: KY-Sen: Schumer says Crit is in (52 comments)

•  Kos missed his opportunity (2+ / 0-)
    adigal, hegemony57

if you were at a meeting with Schumer, why didn't you demand that he step down as Chair of Democratic Senate Campaign Committee!! Are you going beltway or what?  Come on... this is grassroots and we could give a crap about what Schumer is doing until he resigns as head of this committee.  This is a man who has crossed the line to support Republican torturers.  Is there no shame here!!! What the hell is going on? There has got to be some line drawn for Democrats like torture perhaps... or are we too far up people's butts with our brown nosing and name dropping that Schumer now gets a pass from Kos?

don't link to MSM; support your alternative grassroots media by linking to them

by john from vermont on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 08:11:09 AM PST

•  He Wasn't (4+ / 0-)

It was probably Mark from Bluegrass Report.

You can have your "Under God" back when I get my "Liberty and Justice For All" back.
      KE - The Blog

by karateexplosions on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 08:16:03 AM PST

•  Why Don't You Write a Separate Diary About It (4+ / 0-)
      jxg, Woody, angelmom, Tybalt

As this one is about Crit Luallen challenging McConnell in '08.

The Fix is In! The September Report Says Iraq is AWESUM!!!1111!!!!11

by kefauver on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 08:19:55 AM PST

•  No it is about Schumer (0+ / 0-)

a pro torturer doing what he does without any regards to his base.  Unless Schumer is out, many people will not be sending money to the Campaign so therefore it would be important to deal with this issue as Crit will certainly be tainted by this post.

don't link to MSM; support your alternative grassroots media by linking to them

by john from vermont on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 08:27:26 AM PST

•  Let me make this clear: (0+ / 0-)

Torture is illegal and Schumer doesn't torture.  (ha)

•  It wasn't kos meeting Schumer (1+ / 0-)
          Tybalt

the item above was posted by Mark over at BluegrassReport.org. It was an e-mail Mark received from a reader.

So Mark was not meeting Schumer and neither was kos.

"She was very young,he thought,...she did not understand that to push an inconvenient person over a cliff solves nothing." -1984

by aggressiveprogressive on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 08:32:43 AM PST

•  Fact is, fundraising is at record levels (2+ / 0-)
          vcmvo2, Tybalt

Most people can disagree with Schumer on that vote yet not lose sight of the bigger picture -- the myriad advantages of a bigger Democratic majority.

•  How this IS the bigger picture ... (0+ / 0-)

That schumer handed the Bush Admin a MAJOR VICTORY and the constitution a MAJOR DEFEAT is a significant part of the bigger picture.

I agree that we must be tactical and choose our battles and there is always that kissing of unpleasant ass.

However, this was not your garden variety vote.  This was a defining moment vote which CHUCK SCHUMER fucked up by handing the Bush admin a victory.

He deserves to be harshly wrapped on the knuckles.

He deserves to be reminded why it was a very bad idea for constitutional and POWER reasons.

And he deserves to be punished (I tore up my check to the DSCC) in no uncertain terms.

No quarter. No surrender.

by hegemony57 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 09:40:42 AM PST

•  Next time you go on a silly rant like this (3+ / 0-)
      vcmvo2, Ajax the Greater, Tybalt

You might want to make sure you know what you're talking about.

•  Kos, your right (0+ / 0-)

I like your silly rants and you usually know what your are talking about when you do them.  I don't have the time to do them so it might be best for me to drop it.  I didn't realize you were quoting someone else so it certainly behooves you to call me on it. This blog really is for the big boys and not us who don't know how to read and react correctly.  I understand you impatience with those and appreciate you knock down.

don't link to MSM; support your alternative grassroots media by linking to them

by john from vermont on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 11:38:37 AM PST

•  I agree with you 100% (0+ / 0-)

Schumer would never have gotten out of a meeting with me without at least hearing that I think he now has blood on his hands for any continued torture.

I wouldn't have sat there kissing his butt.

My file on RedState.org: Adigal: Another one of them left wing girls way too smart for our own good. Her phones need to be monitored.

by adigal on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 08:52:26 AM PST

•  Are you suggesting that kos was? (0+ / 0-)

Because he wasn't at the meeting with Schumer...read it again.

Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference-JFK

by vcmvo2 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 09:37:11 AM PST

•  No, I was suggesting the diarist was (1+ / 0-)
          vcmvo2

I misunderstood the comment, and part of the diary.

by adigal on Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 05:53:37 PM PST