View Diary: John Edwards, Trial Lawyers, and McDonald's Coffee (223 comments)

•  Well you do know (4.00)
    That Bush doesn't have any problem with your work. It's the plaintiffs' lawyers they don't like.

And of course, there's nothing wrong with what you do. Who needs lawyers more than the big corporations? Hey, I was a summer associate at McConnell last summer, it's interesting stuff. The hours are awful, though. No wonder you're always around, you're used to not sleeping. :)

•  You were? (none)
      Did you do any work with me?  Do you know who I am?

"We're not criticizing Bush for going after terrorists, we're criticizing him for NOT going after terrorists." - Wes Clark (hopefully in the future J. Kerry)

by Armando on Sun Aug 01, 2004 at 03:59:00 PM PDT

•  I don't think so (none)
        I'm not great with names. But no, I don't think I worked with you. A friend of mine is starting this year though, Roberto Colon, at Corporate Dept. Small world!
        •  Are you not coming back (none)
          and if so why?  We are a great place, mostly.

And if you do litigation, I can promise you interesting stuff.

Sorry folks, for doing a little recruiting here.

by Armando on Sun Aug 01, 2004 at 04:15:30 PM PDT

•  Not to a law firm at least (none)
            Well, I didn't get an offer to McConnell. And with good reason, I just don't think it's my thing. I plan to try and find something to do for a while in PR but I want to go into intl work. I want to take an entrance exam to the UN system, maybe human rights. I was actually looking to get into the Foreign Service, but didn't pass the first exam, to move to an interview. (I really need to work on my US History.)

Couldn't help but look at your profile. Hope you don't mind. Clorox is obviously the most important case... but I have to admit the Dayanara name caught my attention first. Definitely some interesting stuff. Thanks for asking!

•  Oh (none)
            and I do think the firm is great. Lots of fascinating people, it deals with the biggest companies in the Island.

And the food you guys give the associates!! I've never eaten so well in my life. The paella at Bruno's house was amazing.

•   Good (none)
              As I said, keep us in mind, if you rethink what you want to do.

by Armando on Sun Aug 01, 2004 at 04:52:53 PM PDT

•  I've always believed (none)
        that no one should make enemies in Puerto Rico. The place is too damn small. I think we have three degrees of separation instead of the usual six.
        •  Absolutely (none)
          But sometimes it can't be avoided.  Anyway, I like to hear what you thought if you want, e-mail me privately.  I'm the only Armando in the firm. (which is pretty surprising.)

by Armando on Sun Aug 01, 2004 at 04:17:27 PM PDT

•  Abelardo Ruiz Suria (none)
          I don't if you knew him, but one of the great gentleman and attorneys of the Firm.

He passed away today.  Q,E.P.D.

A tremendous loss.

by Armando on Sun Aug 01, 2004 at 04:28:02 PM PDT

•  Not personally (none)
            But we exchanged words at one of the activities. Todo un caballero, de los de antes. People always talked about him as an institution at the firm. Sad to hear about it.
            •  Asi era don Abelardo (none)
              uno de los grandes.

• Spam (17)
  • Labor (17)
  • Law (17)
  • Media (17)
  • Republicans (17)
  • Barack Obama (16)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (15)
  • White House (14)
  • International (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site