View Diary: Hillary a Crucial Advisor, Even During Lewinsky Scandal (194 comments)

•  Can you elaborate on "lame"? I don't know (0+ / 0-)

how to respond to that kind of vague criticism.

www.opedna.com
    "I mean, people have access to health care in America. After all, you just go to an emergency room."-Bush

by GirlZero on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 02:28:27 PM PST

•  Simple. (5+ / 0-)

If someone ever describes your life that way they will rightfully be labeled assholes. You act as if she's just a little wifey who has done nothing in her life.

I don't have a candidate yet but if forced to choose today it would go Dodd, Richardson, Obama, Biden or Edwards, Clinton, then a write in for Mike S.

by Mike S on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 02:29:58 PM PST

•  I'm not "acting" any way, I'm illustrating (0+ / 0-)

that when Hillary calls Obama's experience into question, she's being an absolute hypocrite.

www.opedna.com

by GirlZero on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 02:35:36 PM PST

•  Agreed. (0+ / 0-)

Now get back to the kitchen where you belong. Leave the important stuff to the men folk.

by Mike S on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 03:12:42 PM PST

•  Thank you. (0+ / 0-)

You've just illustrated my point about how women who don't support Hillary are chastised for their decision.

For the record, I never said any woman working for/beside/with their husbands wasn't playing a critical role. My mother helped my father run a business for years. My point, which Mike S. has painstakingly reconstrued to distract from weaknesses in his own argument, was that Hillary was not an "advisor." That her role was over-exaggerated. And that Barack Obama got just as much experience out in the real world as a community activist and professor that Hillary did in the White House.

But for your own amusement, and by your own admission, simply to get a rise out of me, you have gone on some sort of crusade to take the piss out of me and call my feminism into question. And you were an original here on Kos? Is this what this public forum was designed to do? Personally attack people who don't support your candidate? Anyone who questions your candidate is anti-feminism or lame?

Personally, I don't care if you liked me last week and now that I've learned about some unsavory tactics on Hillary's part, you don't like me. And I don't care what you think about my views on women. My mom worked tirelessly to put me through school. She teaches children with learning disabilities, she campaigned for Bobby Kennedy, and while she loved Hillary in the 1990s, she's not voting for her this primary season.

All kinds of ugliness comes out around the caucuses. It's fantastic to live in a democracy where this kind of public discourse is possible. But it's downright hurtful and disappointing to read the things that you wrote about me personally simply because I questioned a presidential candidate, and quite clearly not all women in general.

www.opedna.com

by GirlZero on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 06:37:37 PM PST

•  You poor thing. (0+ / 0-)

You dug your own grave with that comment. Don't blame me.

by Mike S on Thu Dec 27, 2007 at 12:29:27 PM PST

•  BTW (1+ / 0-)
          SaneSoutherner

If you are a "girl" then you only hurt yourself with that sort of comment. My mother thanks you for helping to shove women's lib issues backward so that your chosen candidate can score a few more points. In your world she was just a wifey for 23 years.

by Mike S on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 03:17:49 PM PST

•  I helped my husband start his own business. (3+ / 0-)
            Mike S, AKTup, DaleA

I worked my ass off, and knew the ropes inside out. He never made a move without consulting me.   But since my name wasn't the one on the letterhead, and I "lived well", I guess I only lived off of my husband's largesse, and my contribution counted for nothing.

What is sad is that the people saying these things do not even comprehend how wrong it is.   Kudos to your mom, BTW.

Hillary Clinton 2008 - Less sizzle, more steak.

by SaneSoutherner on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 03:26:48 PM PST

•  SaneSoutherner (0+ / 0-)

I hope you understand that my comments about Hillary Clinton had nothing to do with the incredible achievements women make in business, with or without their husbands by their sides. I sincerely apologize if my words offended you or any other women on Kos. Everything I said was about Hillary Clinton, not anybody else, in heated debate with Mike S. Please accept my apology if you were offended, it was most certainly not my intention in the slightest. Same to anyone else who might have been.

www.opedna.com

by GirlZero on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 06:45:07 PM PST

•  Don't worry (1+ / 0-)
      GirlZero

Mike appointed himself arbiter of the important "You'd defend it if your candidate did it" whinge. He spends most of his time here crying and telling people how much better he is at being objective than anyone else.

•  I like the way she (0+ / 0-)

recced this comment.

Am I crying or asking for fairness? I know that children like you don't care about fairness, you want your candidate to win regardless, but you really show that you are just the flip side of the GOP's coin.

by Mike S on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 03:11:46 PM PST

•  BTW little one. (1+ / 0-)
        SaneSoutherner

Do yopu want to know who appointed me Arbiter? It was actually Markos back in 03 before we had scoop and at least 3 years before you graced these pages.

I'm guessing it was also about the time that you got your learners permit.

by Mike S on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 03:41:34 PM PST

•  2003 was a few months before John Kerry hired me (0+ / 0-)

You can criticize my viewpoints, diaries, perspectives, the candidate I support, whatever. But don't call me a child. I've worked my ass off for Democrats since I was 16 and I have just as much right to be here on Kos as you do.

www.opedna.com

by GirlZero on Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 06:21:23 PM PST

• Recommended (131)
  • Community (65)
  • Media (32)
  • Elections (32)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Labor (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Marriage Equality (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site