View Diary: McCain Will Beat Hillary (145 comments)

•  HRC (1+ / 0-)
    MoDem

does not have any credibility on the war in Iraq, surge or no surge.

go raibh maith agat

by jersy on Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 09:59:03 AM PST

•  I think it is McCain who has the weaker message: (2+ / 0-)
      MoDem, zed

"We will stay a hundred years".

Hillary: "Out in a year."

"I am my brother's keeper. I am a Democrat." -- That's your slogan, Democrats.

by Bensdad on Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 10:01:34 AM PST

•  HRC (0+ / 0-)

Triangulating comes with a price.

go raibh maith agat

by jersy on Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 10:03:00 AM PST

•  Not triangulating also comes with a price: (0+ / 0-)

Defeat.

"I am my brother's keeper. I am a Democrat." -- That's your slogan, Democrats.

by Bensdad on Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 10:06:25 AM PST

•  LOL and Obama has been so clear on this (0+ / 0-)

Yeah he gave a great speech about getting out.  But what has he done for us since he's been a Senator?

Yeah that's right voted right along with Clinton.  He even took that famous speech off his website.  He hasn't made any effort to lead on this issue anymore than Clinton has.  Now I look at actions rather than words.  So looking at his actions he's just the same on the war as Clinton.  Not that his words since he's been a Senator have been that much better.

As for triangulating Obama does it right up there with Clinton the difference is that if Clinton does it Obama supporters all condemn her.  If Obama does it they twist themselves into pretzels explaining why that triangulating isn't triangulating when he does it.

...that cannot be a wise contrivance which in its operation may commit the government of a nation to the wisdom of an idiot. Thomas Paine Rights of Man

by Rebecca on Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 10:20:48 AM PST

•  Hillary never said we're leaving in a year (0+ / 0-)

Sure, she plans to leave Iraq in the 21st century, but she has said that there might still be combat operations in her 2nd term.

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is." - George W Bush

by jfern on Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 10:28:18 AM PST