View Diary: Useless Appeal to Our Leaders (34 comments)

•  I'm game... (2+ / 0-)
    Boston Boomer, eleanora

Cause I've hit a point where I seriously no longer give a shit. Each of the candidates have people who're so hyper-partisan that I'm completely turned off by all of them.

And since I haven't even voted in my primary yet, that's no fucking way to walk into the voting booth--feeling like there's a 50 anchor tied to your ankle.

I've joined the Mariachi Mama Candidate Bickering Moratorium! Our troops need a break. Give Bush back his baseball team!

by kredwyn on Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 11:11:15 PM PST

•  To be clear, I don't think it will happen... (1+ / 0-)
      kredwyn

...because, as I said, I think most people want the candidate diaries, as much as I think they suck.

But it seems pathetic for those who dislike it to not try to do something about it besides crying to the recess teacher.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it. ~ H.L. Mencken

by Jay Elias on Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 11:13:48 PM PST

•  MBlades pointed out that we could (3+ / 0-)
        Boston Boomer, eleanora, Jay Elias

write good diaries and rec good diaries. Unfortunately, the critical mass for the good diary recs has to be there right away in order to knock a candidate diary off of the Wreck List.

And that only happens randomly.

Mostly it seems to me that the same old Karpman's Triangle seems to play itself out the moment a candidate diary hits the list. The same folks go in...piss on the walls...scream at the other people...and then flame out til the next diary pops up and the process is repeated.

I thought they'd spin themselves out, but someone loaded them up with those damn Energizer batteries...

by kredwyn on Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 11:19:17 PM PST

•  Here is a simple plan... (1+ / 0-)
          kredwyn

...start an email group and a daily diary posting.  Members of the group all commit to work together to rec the good diaries and to troll-rate away the worst offenders in the candidate diaries.  When members read a new quality diary, they email the link to the group, and everyone recs it as quickly as they can.  When members find a new worst offender, they post a link to the comments and the members use their troll ratings in concert.

You could even do that without the troll-rating part.

by Jay Elias on Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 11:24:58 PM PST

•  That'd work... (1+ / 0-)
            Boston Boomer

til we get in trouble for claims of "coordinating and gaming the wreck list"...heh.

by kredwyn on Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 11:26:41 PM PST

•  In trouble with whom? (1+ / 0-)
              kredwyn

Where is the rule against gaming the rec list, for that matter?

by Jay Elias on Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 11:27:27 PM PST