View Diary: Clinton's Hold on Superdelegates May Depend on Wins in TX and OH (346 comments)

•  why don't you look into her past work (1+ / 0-)
    Cartoon Peril

and what she did at Yale. Where she worked in her career.

She spent a good chunk of her career helping the poor, working for civil rights, and helping those less fortunate than herself.

I remember a time when the American President was the leader of the free world. ****** Repeat after me: "Neoconservatism has failed America."

by land of the free on Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 09:02:01 PM PST

•  on board of Wal-Mart, endorsed by that Aussie (0+ / 0-)

nutcase, hired Blackwater's PR man, that's all I need to hear.

Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.

by Cartoon Peril on Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 09:16:20 PM PST

•  why ask the question when you're not going to (1+ / 0-)
        Cartoon Peril

listen to the answer?

by land of the free on Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 09:25:35 PM PST

•  I'm just not buying that stuff from HRC, doesn't (0+ / 0-)

wash with me.  There are lawyers and lots of other people who spend their lives toiling in obscurity for good causes and earning next to nothing, she wasn't one of them and never intended to be.  She was neither a Floyd Olson, an Andrew Furuseth nor a Paul Wellstone.

Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.

by Cartoon Peril on Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 09:48:39 PM PST

•  okay (0+ / 0-)

she's not Mother Theresa, either. I guess Sen. Clinton is clearly not qualified to be President.

Again, why ask a question if you have no intention of even considering the answer?

Unless you're just trying to provoke.

As an uncommitted voter, I find this type of "dialogue" counterproductive.

Why not just make a statement that you think she's a big corporate-shill? Why fake interest when you just want to put a dig into someone?

by land of the free on Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 10:02:54 PM PST

•  some people are what is called NAIVE. (0+ / 0-)

they think politics is a game of niceties though I'm sure they've never seen a non-school board election that hasn't had a little nastiness.

Apparently Obama is the first anti-politician politician.  He shits flowers and his vomit smells of peppermint.  He has never done nor said anything that can be construed as 'negative'.  He is a living saint who just happens to be in a game inherently played by those who aren't saintly.

The demonizing of Hillary is ok if you are completely blind to the reality that Obama, as a career politician, has probably got more than one full skeleton worth of bones hidden away in Narnia.  All politicians make backroom deals.  All politicians cozy up to donors.  All politicians say and do whatever it is they think will get them elected.  They spin their wrongs into rights and inflate their rights into heroic deeds.

I'm just saying that I find it frightening that Hillary Clinton, if you happened on this site with no prior knowledge, could be mistaken for the devil while her opponent would come off looking like Jesus returned.  In reality they are both politicians cut from very similar cloth.

In a year when we have had great candidates, any of whom would make a decent leader, it is absolutely sad that one of the candidates supporters have coalesced into a propaganda wing that denigrates his opponent as effectively as they promote him while never once asking themselves if they actually believe the bullshit they shovel.  I would bet the dunces from a couple weeks ago who were claiming Hillary, Bill, and her whole campaign staff were racists--if they stopped and asked if they really believed that, would say 'No'.  But they think this is the "battle for the life of America" and have convinced themselves that Hillary=bad, Obama=infallible so they give no thought to hyperbolically overstating the import of Hillary's Wal-Mart tenure, Bill's comments about Jesse Jackson, etc while adamantly stating that anyone who thinks Rezco is a big deal is an idiot.

Politics is a dirty game, survival of the fittest.  If Obama wins it won't be solely because of "hope, yes we can" but because he was better at playing the game.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have laid my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. -- Yeats

by Bill O Rights on Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 02:16:56 AM PST

•  look who's advising Obama (0+ / 0-)

His economic advisors are actually more right than Hillary