View Diary: The case for Nader (98 comments)

•  If he doesn't (1+ / 0-)
    Pandoras Box

then you are one up on him.  There are too many real trolls running around to waste TR's on disagreements.  There will be even more after we get a nominee, whoever it is.  Thank you.

We must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Benjamin Franklin -5.13/-3.38

by Grannus on Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 12:24:49 AM PST

•  Isn't it a bit dishonest to TR me and then (0+ / 0-)

pontificate me?  Here is what you gave me a TR for

Thank you for this! (5+ / 2-)

El Zmuenga, naltikriti, third Party please, lams712, ShadowSD
      Hidden by:
         Lestatdelc, Grannus

I have been tempted to do the same, but have been writing comments about it instead.  There are a number of other candidates going to be on the ballot as well. Why single out Nader?  He is speaking directly to a broken democratic party, that may be the reason.  Even if were totally wrong, which is far from the case, this does not justify the diatribe and bad behavior we see here at Daily Kos.  In no other case that I am aware of does a significant part of the community turn into a bunch a raving hate mongers.  This is sad because it will never help our cause.  Even some of the worst republican diatribe seems innocent compared to some of the vitriol I have seen here.  Can we simple accept that even our candidate to be, Senator Obama, has been civil and spoken well of Nader's contributions.  Yet I see posts claiming that he has done nothing of value and making him seem worse that the devil.  Something is wrong if tantrums are the best so many can come up with.  Use this energy to do the hard work of building a party so strong that Nader will be lumped with all the other minor candidates and respect them all for participating in the process.  More than that, respect the people whose conscience tells them to not support a lesser evil if they have a choice not to.  If Nader were not running, maybe they would vote for a write-in or not vote at all.  Get off the scapegoating diversion and do what we need to do.  Get as many people enthusiastic about the party and its candidates as possible.  That will take a lot of constructive thinking.

An

How does it feel to be so dishonest?  I am getting a clear picture from the other comments here that your faction is destructive and narrow.  now you even mimic John mcCain with this kind of dishonesty.

An idea is not responsible for who is carrying it. It stands or falls on its own merits.

by don mikulecky on Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 10:01:01 AM PST

•  Not at all (0+ / 1-)
        Hidden by:
        don mikulecky

Isn't it a bit dishonest to TR me

You got TR'd for promoting Nader.  You got thanked for removing a stupid TR of your own.

now you even mimic John mcCain with this kind of dishonesty.

This is pure Nader speaking.  I was correct in my assessment.  If you wish to beat his drum, do it elsewhere.  This blog is for Democrats.  Try the Delusional Party.

by Grannus on Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 02:11:23 PM PST

•  What a liar you are! (0+ / 0-)

You have the complete text of my post.  Where in it do I promote nader?  What I do promote is good taste in discussion and honesty both of which you seem to have no use for.  You are the troll here, wake up!

by don mikulecky on Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 02:38:59 PM PST

•  PS I am a member of the Mathews County dem. com. (0+ / 0-)

You can go to our website and check out my credentials.  It is a pitty you require everyone to think like you do.  That belongs in another party.  We democratics are tolerant of others that we disagree with.

by don mikulecky on Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 02:45:11 PM PST

•  If you bread this you are worse than I have (0+ / 0-)

stated:

No one is pimping a candidate here. We are discussing an issue that has obviously stirred up a lot of folk. That discussion is vital to healing some some wounds and needs to happen.  Fear of discussion can only hurt us.  What in my post says anything but that I want us to heal ourselves and go forward?  The so called "pro-Nader stuff"  is merely a reaction to his being slandered not an attempt to get others to vote for him.  This needs to be gotten straight.

by don mikulecky on Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 02:59:53 PM PST

•  I keep seeing you in Nader threads (2+ / 0-)
            Pandoras Box, Grannus

as an advocate.  People notice this and remember.  I have also noticed lately that you TR for disagreement and retaliation.  That's three things that you have done and are still doing that are not cool on this blog.  It doesn't matter who you are or who you think you are in the world that matters here, it's all about how you comport yourself.  Words to the wise, if you're able to step away just a bit.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

by trashablanca on Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 04:19:44 PM PST

•  You are full of false statements aren't you? (0+ / 0-)

You say:

I keep seeing you on Nader threads as an advocate

That is a blatent lie.  I stand up as I did here for civil discourse and respect for people, even one's you disagree wiith.  You are trying to censor me and I resent it .  Who the hell do you think you are?  You show me nothing and disgrace this blog.

My advice to you:

I have also noticed lately that you TR for disagreement and retaliation.  That's [something] you have done and are still doing [that is] not cool on this blog.  It doesn't matter who you are or who you think you are in the world that matters here, it's all about how you comport yourself.  Words to the wise, if you're able to step away just a bit.

by don mikulecky on Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 04:42:19 PM PST