View Diary: Pssst, Bill? It's your wife running, not you (363 comments)

•  Which helps Hillary how? (3+ / 0-)
    Melody Townsel, gchaucer2, ratador

McCain & Clinton have been so thoroughly saturated by the culture of Washington DC they are BOTH pretty much pickled.

by Bill White on Tue Feb 26, 2008 at 11:16:50 AM PST

•  Your extremely negative feelings about the (5+ / 0-)

Clintons are not representative of a high percentage voting public.  I know it is hard for you to imagine.

•  Actualy, Hillary is among the top five people (0+ / 0-)

I would choose to be POTUS come January 2009.

It is the sense of entitlement that needs to be shot down.

by Bill White on Tue Feb 26, 2008 at 11:42:05 AM PST

•  There's some very sophisticated (0+ / 0-)

PR people  behind the camaign.  The things people are saying!

I suppose it could just be pack dynamics.   The old leader is getting ripped up.   Almost like Wolves.

"It's a race to decide who the British goverment will follow blindly for the next 4 years" Kennedy/Kerry '08

by Salo on Tue Feb 26, 2008 at 11:42:40 AM PST

•  feelings and multiple personalities (2+ / 0-)
        imisa, someotherguy86

I imagine that the voting public has conflicting feelings about the Clintons-some very positive and some very negative.
        I myself, at times, feel like I have multiple personalities in regards to Hillary. In the summer, I was impressed by her and floored by her debating skills. Then after Iowa, I felt really sorry for her because Bill was going around shooting his mouth off. I felt sorry for her when she teared up in NH. Then I was mad because she didn't reign in Bill as his comments grew worse. Then, she actually had Bill give her speech after one of her losses. I voted for Bill twice, and adored him while being highly annoyed by his sloppy conduct with Lewinsky. I still think of him as someone who hurt my party.
        Anyway, she's lost me as she keeps belittling the voters in 25 states. Her campaign has actually given the giggles on several occasions with its failed approaches. And I don't like the condescending tone she has adopted. But then, I really loved her closing remarks at the end of last week's debate. But, I haven't liked any of her remarks, since. Hate the "shame" stuff and the mocking of hope and unity.
        Still, I'll feel quite sad when she drops out of the race while also feeling elated when Obama becomes the nominee.
        Can't wait for primary season to be over!

"Sorry dear, from now on only hermaphrodites of indeterminate color will be allowed to caucus." LeftCoastBreakdown

by orphanpower on Tue Feb 26, 2008 at 11:44:01 AM PST

•  All I'm saying is that unlike most people (1+ / 0-)
          orphanpower

around here who have gone on the roller coaster ride you describe or simply despised the Clintons at the outset, there are a whole host of people "out there" beyond this blog who like the Clintons just fine - even a segment of Obama's supporters - gasp - and in front of that audience this phrasing wouldn't raise so much as an eyebrow and it might even be appealing to some if they read it as kos did.

•  Probably true. (2+ / 0-)
            inclusiveheart, sundancekid11

I know some who totally adored Bill and would be happy to see Hillary as POTUS because of her strengths and would see Bill as a plus.
            But my mom was one of those. She LOVED the Clintons. She even made a collage of 100s of pictures of them from the 90s from magazines. She always defended Bill and said she would have voted for him a third, forth and fifth time.
            But, mom who started out totally behind Hillary, shocked me by switching to Edwards and shocked me even further by becoming completely enthralled by Obama.
            Mom is a 65 year old "yellow dog" Democrat. Every time I ask her about Hillary...she just rolls her eyes and says "Dear. Lord". Mom has covered her vehicle in Obama stickers. If the Clintons can loose my mom, then I just don't know.

by orphanpower on Tue Feb 26, 2008 at 12:11:49 PM PST

•  There are a lot of people who just don't (1+ / 0-)
              orphanpower

think about this stuff as much as people like us do - at least that is my experience.  A lot of my friends write or call me when they decide to focus, but when I bring stuff up I find that few are really paying close attention - even the ones who do actually take time out of their busy lives to keep up.

•  asdf (1+ / 0-)
                orphanpower

got distracted and hit post before I finished -

The reality is that a lot of people just don't have super strong feelings one way or another - which is a good thing really because while the media is trying to build up our convention as a bloody battle - I think that amongst the greater population of Democratic voters, we aren't going to see a huge backlash against either of these candidates when the nomination is settled.  We will here if Clinton gets the nod, but most normal people (lol) will probably go with the flow - the one thing that enters into this dynamic is that most normal people (lol again) are aware that the real threat is another Republican in the White House - not Obama or Clinton.

•  This is what I see going on. (0+ / 0-)

by Salo on Tue Feb 26, 2008 at 11:45:00 AM PST

•  Actually approx 80% of Dem voters to date (0+ / 0-)

have rejected Hillary in the primaries.

I suspect she would not garner any greater support from Indies or Repubs.

To state that Hillary has the support of the majority is a real stretch of the imagination.

•  80% ? Got a link? (0+ / 0-)

I never said that she had a majority btw - I know she does not - but I do not believe that she only has a 20% average - the best Obama did that I know of was around 75% of the vote here in DC and in Hawaii - but beyond that they have been close enough for you not to discount the breadth and depth of her support across this country.  You can of course claim that Obama has nearly all the support of the voters, but you'd be dumb to do it because it is not true.

•  It doesn't... (0+ / 0-)

Perhaps his goal is to keep her out the White House.  I recall an episode of L&W in which a husband deliberately sabotages his wife's congressional campaign because he doesn't want her to have the job.