View Diary: Obama says one thing, his advisors say something else (370 comments)

•  Racist? (4+ / 0-)
    Christin, acuppajo, tbetz, Goatsnake

Larry C. Johnson:

In the meantime, we have to watch the equivalent of a papal coronation, as the media and fans exhult in the Obama Messiah, the black Jesus come to save us.  But sometime in the next four months, the excitement will fade as the reality of who Obama is comes out.

•  That's it? (0+ / 0-)

That's pretty lame.  If BHO loses, it'll because of people like you that accuse anything and everything of racism.

"[G]lobalization is...increasing the efficiency of resource allocation through stronger capital markets" - Barack Obama

by burrow owl on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 01:12:43 PM PST

•  People like me? (3+ / 0-)
        Christin, tbetz, Goatsnake

Ok, you can take anything Larry C. Johnson as the gospel truth.

But, people like me will judge you by the company you keep.   Larry C. Johnson and Taylor Marsh hatred of Senator Obama has no logic or limit.  I won’t endorse their type of smears against a Democrat.

I do believe comparing Obama to the black Jesus or Messiah is racist.  I guess I don’t count, because I’m not the right type of person.

•  Thanks for proving my point. (0+ / 0-)

Feigning outrage at the phrase "people like you" is precisely the kind of irrational, outrage-at-the-drop-of-hat that's going to give BHO headaches in the GE.  You are, quite clearly, the kind of person with an abundance of misguided and wrong-headed outrage.

by burrow owl on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 01:29:21 PM PST

•  keep digging. (3+ / 0-)
            acuppajo, tbetz, Goatsnake

the deeper you go, the more repulsive your comments come across.

"Oh no...you changed your hair color? It's just so dark. You like it? And with your skin tone?" My Beloved Mom, December 25 2007, once again on notice.

by Christin on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 01:30:28 PM PST

•  what, like this? (0+ / 0-)

s that carolyn looks to be about sixty plus?
              yet the comments in this diary truly sound as if a young teen wrote them.
              weird.
              just not the style of writing I would expect from someone of her age
              but then again, like my style is any better?

like, for sure.

•  she's inserting snippy comments all over (2+ / 0-)
                Glinda, tbetz

the place in the manner of a teenager instead of answering the questions she's being asked on the contents of this diary. .
                I saw her picture on the link she wants us to go to.
                And it appears she's around sixty or older.
                And?
                Are you comparing me asking her why she's doing this as the same as making racist comments?
                Wow.

by Christin on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 01:44:30 PM PST

•  Burrow Owl always comes across as the Church Lady (2+ / 0-)
              Christin, EntrWriter

It's best not to engage.

"The Revolution Won't Be Microwaved."

by Glinda on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 01:39:55 PM PST

•  Burrow Owl, Chilax! (0+ / 0-)

You need to clam down.  First off, you did not counter any of my points.  Instead, you started to rant about people like me.  Let me tell you what kind of person I’am.

I’m a liberal Democrat.  I voted for Al Gore, John Kerry and every single Democrat that has been on the ballot in Illinois for the past 8 years.  I donate and volunteer for Democrats.  I’m the type of Democrat Hillary Clinton will need, but I won’t stand for people like Larry C. Johnson and this type trashing Obama for daring to run against Senator Clinton.

Yes, I have outrage.  Hillary Clinton is trashing the Democratic Party for her personal gain.  This diarist can thank Larry C. Johnson all he/she wants, but once you start linking to his type you cease to have any creditable.

I don’t toss around words like racist a lot, but when it fit it fits.  Larry C. Johnson is a racist.

•  Actually, it's Obama who's trashing ... (0+ / 0-)

... the Democratic Party.

He's the one who started off demeaning BOTH of the Clintons, and then whining that they were racists when they struck back.

Carolyn Kay
              MakeThemAccountable.com

•  Ok. (1+ / 0-)
                tbetz

You are right, Obama should have never dare to run against Hillary Clinton.  He and his supporters should be ashamed of themselves.  Hillary and Bill Clinton are the Democratic Party.  Without them, we will be lost and won’t have any reason to live on.

Please, forgive me for my sins.

Sigh.

•  Nope, Obama had every right to run. (0+ / 0-)

And so does Clinton.  And I'm not asking him to drop out, and I don't want him or his supporters to ask her to drop out.

But don't use the lowest tactics in the book and then claim that your opponent is using low tactics.

Carolyn Kay
                  MakeThemAccountable.com

•  you mean (2+ / 0-)
          tbetz, AJsMom

smears against any democrat not a Clinton

they're fair game, apparently.

•  I thought only right wingers ... (0+ / 0-)

... condemn an entire line of thought because they don't like who brought it up.

Deny the facts if you want, but most Americans are not going to be fooled.

Carolyn Kay
          MakeThemAccountable.com

•  stop being purposely ignorant. (2+ / 0-)
        tbetz, Goatsnake

you know calling someone the "BLACK jesus" reeks of bullshit.
        Unless you call people the WHITE Jesus?
        Christ - you're so fucking predictable.

by Christin on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 01:28:21 PM PST