View Diary: Some Inconvenient Findings for Obama (324 comments)

•  My point stands. (5+ / 0-)
    xynz, EntrWriter, tbetz, HRs Kevin, Mia Dolan

She won't get the new people, most of the students, the Independents and the cross over Republicans.

So yeah!  The base who supports both candidates are likely to vote for whoever the nominee is.  Too bad the over 65 white women who supports Hillary and only want to vote for a woman, won't vote for Obama.

That's ok, he will still win without them.

•  Jalenth (3+ / 0-)
      Dori, miriam, psychodrew

There is a two to one crossover rate in an Obama vs. McCain matchup.

In other words, for ever Repub that votes for Obama, two Dems will vote for McCain.

•  LOL (3+ / 0-)
        Samwoman, tbetz, HRs Kevin

Where did you get that?

Samantha Power was right.

by Mia Dolan on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 08:26:35 PM PST

•  Link please. With such statistics you should (4+ / 0-)
        xynz, Samwoman, tbetz, Mia Dolan

be able to provide the link.

•  Link (1+ / 0-)
          Dori

There are now more McCainocrats than Obamacans — about 14 percent of Democrats say they would vote for Mr. McCain today instead of Mr. Obama, but just 8 percent of Republicans say they would vote for the Illinois Democrat, according to a Pew Research Center survey on Feb. 28.

Additionally, 20 percent of white Democratic voters say they would defect to Mr. McCain if Mr. Obama is the Democratic Party's nominee — twice the number who would cross over if Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton wins the nomination, Pew found.

•  Washington Times? (0+ / 0-)

Always good to hear what the moonies have to say.

Samantha Power was right.

by Mia Dolan on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 09:04:03 PM PST

•  Pew Research Center Mia and you know it (1+ / 0-)
              Dori

The Times just reported it.

There, I put it in BOLD for you.

•  I read it (0+ / 0-)

Give me a link to the poll.  The Washington Times is a worthless source.  Its pretty telling that a Clinton shill is getting their info from a right wing newspaper.

Samantha Power was right.

by Mia Dolan on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 09:09:46 PM PST

•  Mia doesn't like it (2+ / 0-)
                Dori, miriam

when you put words in bold.

Be careful.

Together, we will turn promises into action, words into solutions and hope into reality.

by psychodrew on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 09:12:10 PM PST

•  Tough (2+ / 0-)
                  Dori, psychodrew

shit

•  People like Mia (3+ / 0-)
                  Dori, miriam, psychodrew

are the one of the reasons I am turned off by Obama.
                  Rude name calling, juvenile behaviour.

•  They're not all like Mia. (0+ / 0-)

Some of the Obama supporters uprated my diary because they were appalled by comments by people like Mia.  One guy downthread wrote a very nice comment.

by psychodrew on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 09:36:30 PM PST

•  I am sure there are some (1+ / 0-)
                      psychodrew

but the vast majority I have seen on here simply do not want to hear anything that isn't 100% positive about Obama.

The Pew Poll points to some very serious problems that Obama is going to have to deal with.

What some of his supporters don't seem to understand is, the GE is going to be very different.
                      There won't be just Dems voting. And it won't be caucuses.
                      And like it or not, McCain does appeal to Dems and Indies in large numbers.
                      And according to the poll, McCain appeals to Dems far more than Obama appeals to Repubs.

I find it strange that people like Mia call me names, deride my source and then when I find the original poll source.....crickets.

•  WTF? (0+ / 0-)

AJsMom, you posted the original poll source at 11:27.12:

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/750/obama-lead-proble (2+ / 0-)
                        Dori, Mia Dolan
                        by AJsMom on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 11:27:12 PM CDT

I acknowledged that your information was correct 2 minutes and 56 seconds later:

Thanks (1+ / 0-)
                        AJsMom
                        Your information was correct.
                        Samantha Power was right.
                        by Mia Dolan on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 11:30:08 PM CDT

3 minutes and 23 seconds later you responded to my comment (which you recommended):

Mia (3+ / 0-)
                        Dori, miriam, Mia Dolan
                        Why would you automatically call me a Clinton shill?
                        You don't know me, as far as I know we have never even talked on here.
                        The poll does point to a problem that Obama is going to have to resolve before the GE.
                        20% is a huge number.
                        by AJsMom on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 11:33:31 PM CDT

So why 11 hours later are you saying things like this:

Is a three minute delay in responding, in which I conceded you were right, crickets?  As a general rule, when someone sends me a link I go to the link and actually read it.  I am not sure that it would have been possible to do that and respond any faster than I did.

You can complain about my language, but do not accuse me of not responding when (as you acknowledge) I did so very quickly.  My criticism is not of all pro-Clinton diaries and comments.  As set forth in my other response to you this morning, your points are valid.  Psychodrew's points are not.  And when you defend crap like this diary, no one is going to listen to your valid points.

Samantha Power was right.

by Mia Dolan on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 10:20:14 AM PDT

•  Sorry (1+ / 0-)
                          Mia Dolan

I wasn't talking about you on the crickets thing.
                          I shouldn't have used your name as an example.
                          I meant that I had a valid point, backed up by data and no one wanted to discuss that point or address how to fix it.

•  Btw Mia (1+ / 0-)
                          Mia Dolan

I would like your honest opinion.
                          If I diaried this, do you think it would generate a discussion or a pile on of me?

Just curious what you think.

•  Well (1+ / 0-)
                            AJsMom

I wouldn't "pile on" you. As I conceded, your point is a legitimate concern.  As abrasive and obnoxious as I am sometimes, I try to be fair.  I can't promise that everyone would, but I think you would get more of a discussion than this diary did.

I started out supporting Edwards, and after he dropped out I wasn't sure at first who to support.  The kind of electibility issues you raise were a concern to me.  I concluded that I thought Obama was better and had a better chance to win, but it was a close call.  It is only over the last few weeks that I have become so down on Clinton because of her campaign tactics and the Florida/Michigan issue.

Samantha Power was right.

by Mia Dolan on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 12:15:54 PM PDT

•  Mia (0+ / 0-)

If you are interested:

Not much of a discussion but I would like your input if you have time.

•  Wrong asshole (0+ / 0-)

The uprates were because of the improprer troll rating, which I did not give out.  Thanks for lying again, though.

My comments did a lot better than yours as far as recommends.  Even those who did not react as strongly as me still thought your diary was full of shit.

Samantha Power was right.

by Mia Dolan on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 10:05:18 AM PDT

•  This is Obama country (0+ / 0-)

There are thousands of Obamacrats who come here to bash Clinton and high-five one another.  Your initial nasty comment got several hides as well, more than my diary did.

As abrasive and obnoxious as I am sometimes,

You really do yourself, and your candidate, a disservice with your nasty tone.

by psychodrew on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 05:21:47 PM PDT