View Diary: Just Words (275 comments)

•  what's up home girl (6+ / 0-)

you make us all proud.  keep that head up!!

•  I would like to politely ask you to speak for (15+ / 0-)

yourself.

Thank you!

HOPE: It's the new black.

by Samwoman on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:20:54 PM PDT

•  oh. my. god. (8+ / 0-)

I just posted this in her other hillary diary - not knowing that shortly thereafter she would do exactly what I wrote about.

The gullibility of kind kossaks who support Obama  who fall for the batting eyelashes routine in that diary was...
        Well...they were kind enough to cheer her on and make he feel better when she kept complaining that the bullies on her pick on her - and the pulls this yet again.

If this isn't classic HRC behavorior - the multiple personalities routine -
        I don't know what is.
        sigh.

Thanks GussieFN

There was a time when one of these diaries would have raced up on to the Rec List.
        Sadly, those days are gone here.  People have left and the place is dominated by bullies and haters.

I fear for the future of this community - I really do.
        by Alegre on Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 11:27:40 PM EDT

* [new] this is why i no longer rec any of your diaries.

period.
        and I used to.
        but it's like passive aggressive diary postings with you - and it got tiring.
        you do this - then the next day you post a boatload of lies and vicious crap about obama.
        for weeks this has gone on.

comments like this are insulting, disrespectful and just as ugly.
        you do yourself no favors.

"People have left and the place is dominated by bullies and haters."

by Christin on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 11:23:28 PM EDT

"Oh no...you changed your hair color? It's just so dark. You like it? And with your skin tone?" My Beloved Mom, December 25 2007, once again on notice.

by Christin on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:55:24 PM PDT

•  For whom did you suppose she was speaking? (0+ / 0-)

I went back and re-read the diary and was unable to find a place where the author purports to speak for anyone but herself.  So, on behalf of all former Okies and graduates of second-tier law-schools from states beginning with vowels, I ask you to explain your comment.

•  An Honest Question — Please Don't Ignore (10+ / 0-)

Alegre, you have written a number of very good positive diaries for DKos, and also (in my opinion) a few not very good negative diaries.  I would really like to know why you choose to write negative diaries about Obama on this site.  You know that they will be poorly received, and you must also know that these diaries are not convincing anyone to believe something contrary to what they had believed before.

I hate seeing you beat up Obama, but I also hate seeing you get beaten up on this site almost daily now.  But you know that this will happen, because you know that what you say will offend the majority of people in this community.  Why post negative diaries on this site?  If you want to write negative diaries, fine.  But why not simply post them on sites where there is some audience for this, like mydd (since you already cross-post all of your diaries there anyway)?  I would strongly recommend you keep posting your positive Hillary diaries here — these diaries are great for everyone in the community, and actually help Hillary.

But please, for everyone's sake, stop posting these negative diaries on DKos — it has become a terrible ritual in which you post a needless attack on Obama and everyone waits for the dairy to arrive to take out their frustrations on you.  It is not healthy for anyone in this community — I want the old alegre back.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time -- we are the ones we've been waiting for." Barack Obama

by ggottlie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:34:19 PM PDT

•  Because positive diaries about (2+ / 0-)
        kalmoth, Hope08

Hillary are too hard to come by.

Face it, their MO is to trash talk Obama, not say nice things about Hillary. It's the politics of the past: division.

Frankly, I'd like a nice pro-Hillary diary. There was one on the rec list yesterday.

•  Alegre was being kind. (3+ / 0-)
        catfish, anna shane, tornsneaker

I think her diary is timely and true. Honest criticism is valid.

•  Why? She's trying to win by any means. (2+ / 0-)
        kalmoth, praenomen

She has no ethical compass. For candidates to do that is one thing, but for average citizens to be so caught up in it that they actually take part in that sort of slime on Hillary's part.

It's just sad where some people are at in the face of Hillary's failure, her disasterous campaign. They just can't face up to the fact that Hillary is a pretty terrible person when it comes down to it.

Bitch isn't the new black. It's the new racist. They didn't leave bitches to die in NO. And Hillary, if experience is so critical, explain Cheney.

by jonathan strange on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:15:06 PM PDT

•  I can't speak for Alegre (4+ / 0-)

but I will speak for why I think that Alegre should continue criticizing Obama when that criticism is appropriate.

There are a lot of committed Kossaks who have been here for years, but there are many new readers who visit this website every day.  I think that allowing this website to become a place where Hillary Clinton is bashed--take a look at the rec list--and the praise of Obama goes unquestioned would be a disservice to progressive causes.

I first visited DailyKos because I heard it was a great progressive online community.  What impression would a young Clinton supporter visiting Daily Kos have of this community?  Wow, he/she would think, they really hate Clinton here.  I'd better find a new community.  Or even a Obama supporter new to the community?  He/she would think that this is Obamaland.

I think that after the primaries are over and a nominee has been chosen, we can get past all this negativity.  But in the mean time, for the sake of maintaining some semblance of balance in progressive views on Daily Kos, I believe that Alegre and other pro-Clinton bloggers should continue their work.

Together, we will turn promises into action, words into solutions and hope into reality.

by psychodrew on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:49:52 PM PDT