View Diary: Top Comments: These Should Be Sig Lines, Part VI (157 comments)

•  That wouldn't be (1+ / 0-)
    GreyHawk

this Steven K. Berry, would it?

Yeah, it would.

I believe that ignorance is the root of all evil. And that no one knows the truth. RIP, Molly Ivins. And thanks.

by Nowhere Man on Thu Mar 20, 2008 at 08:32:44 PM PDT

•  Erm...empty URL. (0+ / 0-)

Where did it go?

Never, never brave me, nor my fury tempt:
        Downy wings, but wroth they beat;
      Tempest even in reason's seat.

by GreyHawk on Thu Mar 20, 2008 at 08:34:34 PM PDT

•  oops (2+ / 0-)
        GreyHawk, gizmo59

Would you believe this Steven K. Berry?

by Nowhere Man on Thu Mar 20, 2008 at 08:38:01 PM PDT

•  Izzat the same guy? Are you sure? (1+ / 0-)
          gizmo59

...

I'm speechless...

Never, never brave me, nor my fury tempt:
            Downy wings, but wroth they beat;
          Tempest even in reason's seat.

by GreyHawk on Thu Mar 20, 2008 at 08:42:57 PM PDT

•  Uh, yeah (1+ / 0-)
            GreyHawk

From the article, emphasis added:

Mr. Berry has served extensively in the public sector. Most recently, he served on the presidential bipartisan commission appointed to review all US foreign assistance programs. He began his government career as associate counsel on the House Agriculture Committee and later became chief of staff to the Ranking Member of the Agriculture Committee. He went on to serve in many key positions during his government career, including: counsel for the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Republican chief of staff for the House Foreign Affairs Committee, assistant secretary of state for legislative affairs at the US Department of State and chief counsel and director of international operations and European affairs for the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

by Nowhere Man on Thu Mar 20, 2008 at 08:55:06 PM PDT

•  Crap -- I'd missed that. (1+ / 0-)
              Nowhere Man

We just can't get rid of these folks -- never prosecuting 'em for their crimes, never investigating them fully, they'll just keep coming back.

Never, never brave me, nor my fury tempt:
                Downy wings, but wroth they beat;
              Tempest even in reason's seat.

by GreyHawk on Thu Mar 20, 2008 at 08:57:19 PM PDT

•  OMG. Berry is now working for Margaret Tutwiler? (3+ / 0-)
          GreyHawk, Nowhere Man, gizmo59

Mr. Berry will report to Margaret D. Tutwiler, senior vice president and head of [Merrill Lynch] Communications & Public Affairs.

God, whadda ya gotta do, drive a stake through these folks to get rid of 'em?  Republican welfare.  Sheesh.

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." To Kill A Mockingbird