View Diary: Barack Obama to Fundraise for DNC w/ Latest Polls (307 comments)

•  She wants to count my vote (0+ / 0-)

He does not.  Hmmmm ...

I am an Edwards Democrat.

by ThirstyGator on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 09:55:11 AM PDT

•  I understand your anger (3+ / 0-)
      ThirstyGator, nehark, pamelabrown

and I'd be angry too.  I just think it's misplaced and misdirected.  I have not heard Obama say that he doesn't want to count the votes.

Think if the shoe were on the other foot and Obama's name was the only one on the ballot.  How would you feel then?

"Hope" is the thing with feathers-that perches in the soul-and sings the tune without the words-and never stops-at all. Emily Dickinson

by juslikagrzly on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 09:59:54 AM PDT

•  two things (0+ / 0-)

First, if the shoe were on the other foot, I'd be more likely to support Obama.  I was (fairly clearly) an Edwards supporter.  I honestly still find both Clinton and Obama flawed and distasteful candidates.  The fact that Clinton - regardless of her reasons - wants my vote to count tips me in her favor (which is worth pretty much nothing to her at this point).  Second, silence on Obama's part means this isn't going to get fixed.  Which means he doesn't want to count the votes - do you think he's just forgotten about it?  Because I'm pretty sure he hasn't.  I think counting votes is pretty serious business, and if a candidate doesn't share that opinion I have serious doubts about that candidate.

I am an Edwards Democrat.

by ThirstyGator on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 10:18:32 AM PDT

•  I doubt he's been silent on the matter (1+ / 0-)
          gallimaufry

just not public.  And I believe her reasons for wanting to count your vote are not because she values you or your vote beyond what it can do for her.

Again, you do have my sympathies.  I just don't agree with blaming Obama for the mess your state got itself into.

by juslikagrzly on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 10:23:13 AM PDT

•  do you not see how he could help himself ... (0+ / 0-)

in November by helping fix this problem now?

I am an Edwards Democrat.

by ThirstyGator on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 10:25:52 AM PDT

•  yes, he could help fix it (0+ / 0-)

and I'm assuming his campaign is talking with the DNC about it.  But why should he be held responsible for the mess?

by juslikagrzly on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 10:32:33 AM PDT

•  originally, he was not part of the problem (0+ / 0-)

Once he became the frontrunner, it became part of his responsibility to fix the obvious problems that might get in the way of winning in November.  Besides, I want a leader that is EXCITED about fixing problems and is willing to get his/her hands dirty proactively.

I am an Edwards Democrat.

by ThirstyGator on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 11:50:10 AM PDT

•  I was also an Edwards supporter, and (0+ / 0-)

a very strong one.  After he dropped out I waited, and read virtually everything I could.  I can honestly say that it was a swift, easy decision, and I wonder what are you pondering over?

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. JFK

by yowsta on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 01:15:01 PM PDT