Skip to main content

View Diary: Revenge of the Beltway Poobahs (54 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  And That $60 Bucks Is Just It (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    ebbinflo, Granny Doc, fromdabak

    my father and I were talking the other day. He is a Republican (just misguided) and he got a mailer that McCain was going to be in town, and they wanted to know if he was willing to pay $750 to attend. Now my father could afford $750, heck he could add a zero or two. But he said, "no way in hell I am giving that man $750. If they'd asked for $50 or $100 I would have written a check right on the spot."

    When you're whole fund raising game is $750 + then, for lack of a better phrase, your target audience is pretty darn small, like maybe 1 percent. I'll take the other 99 percent any day of the week.

    Let us not forget New Orleans. Visit Project Katrina.

    by webranding on Thu May 29, 2008 at 02:36:26 PM PDT

    [ Parent ]

    •  you're right.. (1+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      Granny Doc

      It's better to take a small amount of money from a large amount of people than to take large amounts from a small number of people like the Repubs often do..  Glad your Pop didn't end up donating that day..  :  )

      "Do you hope to find new ways Of quenching your thirst, Do you hope to find new ways Of doing better than your worst." Nick Drake- GO Cubs!

      by ebbinflo on Thu May 29, 2008 at 02:44:20 PM PDT

      [ Parent ]

      •  Well We Have A "Divided" House w/ My Parents (2+ / 0-)
        Recommended by:
        ebbinflo, Granny Doc

        My mother, although she voted for McCain in the primary is planning to vote for Obama. This would be the first time she has not voted Republican in 58 years. Now I've been "working" her for the better part of six months, but it was worth every minute of effort.

        Let us not forget New Orleans. Visit Project Katrina.

        by webranding on Thu May 29, 2008 at 02:51:20 PM PDT

        [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site